+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help to l2p

Soulwalker

Default Need some help to l2p

My guild just downed Herald, but my dps was lackluster.

Was playing SC/Ele, unbuffed my stats are around 970 SP and 700 Spell Crit, but on Herald I was only pulling ~1100 dps, which is pretty bad considering how AoE heavy the fight is.

Basically, can any mages out there who can offer some tips on AoE rotations or perhaps the Herald fight in particular.

for adds on herald, i get down like this..
    3 stacks of forked lightning, then ice shear the caster that your guild has targeted to drop first, then lightning field, then forked lightning, lightning field, back and forth. when the ice sheared target dies, i ice shear the next caster. when it's just the 2 melee type left, i ice shear the boss and keep up the FL and LF rotation as long as adds are up. also, toss in hailstorm when it's off cooldown as well. it's good dps and helps your FL. i do 2200 on this fight as an sc/ele.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Soulwalker

Im thinking that a large portion of my dps loss is due to me using Cloudburst and Thunderbolt to take down the first caster instead of straight up going AoE.

And thanks for the reply Daz
    Last edited by TranquilSoul; 07-12-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaz View Post
    for adds on herald, i get down like this..
    3 stacks of forked lightning, then ice shear the caster that your guild has targeted to drop first, then lightning field, then forked lightning, lightning field, back and forth. when the ice sheared target dies, i ice shear the next caster. when it's just the 2 melee type left, i ice shear the boss and keep up the FL and LF rotation as long as adds are up. also, toss in hailstorm when it's off cooldown as well. it's good dps and helps your FL. i do 2200 on this fight as an sc/ele.
    Yeah that is exactly what I do, just remember to have 3 Electrify before casting Lightning Field.

Soulwalker

Thanks guys for the help

+ Reply to Thread