+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summary post of Mage dps and heal builds rotations lvls 40-50

Rift Chaser

Default Summary post of Mage dps and heal builds rotations lvls 40-50

Levelling a mage alt - great fun.

Got to the lvl - mid 40s - where I could do with a quick reference guide for best dps and heal builds and rotations.
    Appreciate these will have been discussed many times before, but these builds are likely to be scattered across many posts and hidden in page xx somewhere in these.

Could an experienced mage player link the optimum dps and heal builds please. I'm lvl 45 so this would be for the 5 man normal/T1/T2 progression.

Rotations for these would really help

Thankyou
    Last edited by Lyaise; 07-12-2011 at 04:19 AM.

There's a nice summary on bluedots.org -> http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/end-game-mage-pve-guide
    Last edited by Tikay; 07-12-2011 at 04:32 AM.
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the reply

Had a quick read through of this and looks really helpful. I'll take a detailed look tonight

Soulwalker

Generally most players have either a soul with a fairly even storm/ele split or a fairly even pyro/ele split for PvE DPS. Those tend to be sort of the optimal output when you don't have to worry about aggro or other complications.

For PvP I'd say find the soul combination you like playing and then add at least 5 points of archmage to it (for 15% bonus damage to players, duh). PvP is so situational that you should just find a play-style you're comfortable with and go from there.

Healing requires 51-point chloro to be the primary healer even in 5-mans since the last patch. Support similarly means 51 in archon in raid situations, though a 32/32 split with, say, chloro is probably fine for 5-mans.

+ Reply to Thread