+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just hit 50th with my chloro, confused about how to use him properly

Shadowlander

Default Just hit 50th with my chloro, confused about how to use him properly

I rerolled to a 51/15 chloro / lock. I am new to void life. Is my assumption that i should be using void life and NT with synthesis and vile spores, ruin and Nature's fury with LGV? I pop corrosion when in range as well with both (does corrosion heal?).

Also, does GOD process opportunity? Not sure if it does.

Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eclap View Post
    I rerolled to a 51/15 chloro / lock. I am new to void life. Is my assumption that i should be using void life and NT with synthesis and vile spores, ruin and Nature's fury with LGV? I pop corrosion when in range as well with both (does corrosion heal?).

Also, does GOD process opportunity? Not sure if it does.

Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks.
    Log out. press delete character. reroll cleric. problem solved.
    Dear Players,
    We really don't have a Vision for the Mage Class. We are just winging it based on conversations around the water cooler. Occasionally we hire a Shaman to come read squirrel entrails. He says he can predict the future and it makes a tasty sandwich when he is done, so who are we to argue. Please continue to insert your $15 per month and have a nice day.

Shadowlander

I didn't say I'm not enjoying the 51 chloro. All I want to know is what spells to use with the 2 different veils.
    Also in the op I meant to ask if VL procs opportunity.
    Last edited by eclap; 07-12-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Opportunity does indeed proc void life.

Basically the best way to tank heal is to use lifebound veil and spam void life over and over. Cast Nature's Touch when opportunity procs. Make sure to let void life hit 3 times each cast. It's easy to cut it off.

For Lifegiving Veil just use the old chloro rotation (nature's touch, vile spores etc)

EDIT: what is "GOD"?
    Last edited by Capri Moon; 07-12-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
    Log out. press delete character. reroll cleric. problem solved.
    Posts like this are getting on my nerves.

That aside, 51 chloro/15 warlock is one of two popular builds. As someone already mentioned, in this spec you generally use synthesis on a tank, which automatically applies LBV (your tank healing veil), and you spam void life until opportunity procs, then hit NT. Ruin is an emergency heal, or something to cast on the move. Refresh radiant spores and apply withering vines during healing downtime (i.e. when everyone is topped off). Flourish for big raid damage (don't be afraid to use it, it's only a 20sec CD) and bloom for individual saves. I only really use natural healing when my back is turned, since even if you need to spam the tank with heals, void life is the most effective thing to keep going.

51/10/5 chloro/dominator/elementalist is also popular for the 10% int (and other fun CDs... memory wipe, reflective command, deny, charged shield for the tanks) and 5% crit. In that spec you effectively mash void life, and move into NT/VS/Ruin spam more for a DPS increase than anything else. Void Life/Bloom should have your tank covered for the most part in my experience.

If you're going to put on LGV for some AoE heals, it's best to have a 2nd spec using 36/30 chloro/lock, which is a much more effective AoE healer, and capable of MUCH higher DPS output. That said, 51 chloro can do a respectable amount of AoE heals, even just using void life with LGV, but usually it's best to spam NT/VS/Ruin for that as well with LGV up.

Chloro/locks keep up their LGV and spam NT/VS/NF/Ruin to maximize their DPS as well (our resident chlorolock guru within the forums outputs over 1k DPS while doing over 1k HPS. Which is why I'm sick of all the chloro complaints, since a few bugs aside, we're probably the largest healing output in the game.)

Here's Cane's chlorolock guide if you're interested: http://bluedots.org/2011/07/07/chlor...warlock-guide/

Best of luck in your chloro'ing!

Shadowlander

Cheers mate, exactly what I needed! So looks like I'll go 51 / 15 /0 chloro / lock / archon as role 1. Role 2 will be 36 / 30/ 0 chloro / lock and role 3 will be a dps role of 51 / 10 / 5 Warlock /chloro / archmage. This way I have 3 different roles for different needs. Thanks!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by eclap View Post
    I didn't say I'm not enjoying the 51 chloro. All I want to know is what spells to use with the 2 different veils.
    Also in the op I meant to ask if VL procs opportunity.
    each tick of it has a chance to yes.

+ Reply to Thread