+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a better chloro spec/role for WFs

Rift Disciple

Default Need a better chloro spec/role for WFs

I've been running a 51pt-Chloro-10ptWarlock-5ptElementalist spec for WF healing but it's really lacking survivability/escapability.

Anyone know of a good chloro role/spec for WF group healing?

I'm prestige rank 5 and is geared accordingly.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Rift Disciple

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbulb View Post
    I've been running a 51pt-Chloro-10ptWarlock-5ptElementalist spec for WF healing but it's really lacking survivability/escapability.

For defensive chloro, I ran: Arch-ChloroCaller

Macro #1 (emergency defensive):
    #show Icy Vortex
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Icy Vortex
    cast Runeshield

For defensive, it's 75% damage reduction, not including whatever your valor-rating is. Both are up every 1-minute, and stack with archon-shields, trinket and greater bubbles. I used to use it to survive those nasty assassins, but now I just transference them.

Don't forget about your 1:30cooldown on Breakfree now, as well as Detaunt and Phase-Shift if you're really worried you might get killed.

note: this spec doesn't put out a lot of damage, but you will survive longer.
    IraLee
    Molinar :+:Guardian:+:Threshold Guild

Rift Disciple

Unless I'm missing something that thread is all about PvE - not PvP.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kaicho View Post
    For defensive chloro, I ran: Arch-ChloroCaller

Macro #1 (emergency defensive):
    #show Icy Vortex
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Icy Vortex
    cast Runeshield

For defensive, it's 75% damage reduction, not including whatever your valor-rating is. Both are up every 1-minute, and stack with archon-shields, trinket and greater bubbles. I used to use it to survive those nasty assassins, but now I just transference them.

Don't forget about your 1:30cooldown on Breakfree now, as well as Detaunt and Phase-Shift if you're really worried you might get killed.

note: this spec doesn't put out a lot of damage, but you will survive longer.
    thanks i'll check this out tonight!

Telaran

I use 51 Chloro/15 AM with hastened withdrawal. I don't have survivability exactly but I can run away very fast from anyone stabbing me. You also get double tap so clueless attackers will actually speed up casting natural healing by interupting it if you choose to stand and turtle.

If I want more survivability than that I do something along the lines of the build discussed in the PvP chlorolock thread:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...de-with-Video.

Rift Disciple

http://bluedots.org/2011/07/08/1-3-pvp-chlorolock/

sorry about the other link, but pretty close to the same build, works great, useually can top or get close to dps and hps, only p2 so I have crappy gear
    Last edited by Ominith; 07-12-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ide-with-Video.

In addition to the above poster. Lot's of good info and you can tinker with it how you want. I love it and do fantastic with it. I made a few minor changes but the spec itself is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbulb View Post

Try my spec, once your ranked it is very powerful.

\/
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zRo.McV.xx0R0f

Of all 4 of my Chloro PvP specs, this is the most fun.

I also run a Chloro/Lock which is OK. You'll definitely top or come close to top damage, and your healing numbers will show up as strong, but I still prefer deeper Chloro. Blight is undercover awesomeness.

If you're looking for strong defense:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...I.Vt.xx0VzVqxo

Lacks Break Free and Detaunt, but it's about as much consistent/on-call damage reduction.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

+ Reply to Thread