+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Burst pvp build I created(4.5k and up)

Telaran

Default Interesting Burst pvp build I created(4.5k and up)

I recently figured out a simple rotation that allows me to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFdR8NNOJ34

If there's enough interest... I may release the spec and macro setups. (it's really quite simple, and ready to go every 30seconds which is the CD for Drainbolt).

Note: This is a target dummy, so it doesn't receive the extra 30% bonus crit damage..... but you can imagine the numbers if it did..... and then if opportunity procs and gives an instant lightning strike to follow up.
    IraLee
    Molinar :+:Guardian:+:Threshold Guild

Is this the build? if so I've been using it recently and It's ok
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vzo.EtckRoohzz

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    Is this the build? if so I've been using it recently and It's ok
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Vzo.EtckRoohzz
    No.

Your setup is reliant on cooldowns for it's damage, and is also missing the crit.....

Here, this is the build without Neddra's Torture (if you want Neddras, take 1 point out of Vitality):

PvP EleLock
    Last edited by Kaicho; 07-11-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    IraLee

Plane Touched

Lol you tested it on dummies and saying its interesting and high burst pvp build?
    Wake up, there is big difference between dummies and a pvp player with Valor...
    Your burst damage will reduce by at least 50% in pvp against a good player...

Pyro gives better dps on dummies, but in pvp its useless..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by killthedesires View Post
    Lol you tested it on dummies and saying its interesting and high burst pvp build?
    Wake up, there is big difference between dummies and a pvp player with Valor...
    Your burst damage will reduce by at least 50% in pvp against a good player...

Pyro gives better dps on dummies, but in pvp its useless..
    I used this today for a while and it did just fine... netted me quite a few killing blows. But, you don't have to believe me if you don't want to. Just remember, that test-dummy only has ----my--- +dmg skills on it, not everyone elses who would be doing things. As well as it is missing the 30%crit bonus that isn't applied to a test dummy.
    IraLee

Rift Master

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    I'd say both are good.

The SC is great, but... I see one thing that would cause me to be cautious... a big Arctic Blast reflected = dead caster (similar to fulminate) with so many dominators running around.

Not to mention, the heals from the warlock tree are always welcome... reconstruct is pretty useful. Take it for what you will.
    IraLee

Ascendant

lol 51 ele/15 am is far superior burst and believe it or not, less gimmicky. Ele/Lock just isn't that great anymore. Not saying 51 ele is either, though.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 07-11-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    lol 51 ele/15 am is far superior burst and believe it or not, less gimmicky. Ele/Lock just isn't that great anymore. Not saying 51 ele is either, though.
    Wrong.

Just got done testing a bunch in Scion, Codex, and Whitefall. The burst damage is almost a guarantee'd kill.

Walked away from a scion with 33kills, 4deaths, and about 600kdmg done. (had to aoe just a little bit, but not too much)

Other's I came in second to our guildie war with the 2h axe Relic from alsbeth.
    IraLee

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kaicho View Post
    Wrong.

Just got done testing a bunch in Scion, Codex, and Whitefall. The burst damage is almost a guarantee'd kill.

Walked away from a scion with 33kills, 4deaths, and about 600kdmg done. (had to aoe just a little bit, but not too much)

Other's I came in second to our guildie war with the 2h axe Relic from alsbeth.
    Pictures for funsies!

http://i54.tinypic.com/51pn2e.jpg

and here is the burst macro: (you can also just put Drainbolt on it's own hotkey if you prefer, but moving while spamming the macro is also viable if you need hotbar space).

http://i56.tinypic.com/9a2uev.jpg

Macro #1:

#show Whatever-you-want-here
    suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Ignite (this spell will cast if you are moving while pressing your main macro, pick w/e DoT you like best)

Macro #2:

#show Icy Carapace
    suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    use Cavernous Nothing (or w/e item you have)
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Icy Carapace
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    cast Draining Bolt

Macro #3:

#show Sacrifice Life: Damage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Devouring Shadows
    Last edited by Kaicho; 07-11-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Typo's! joy~
    IraLee

Quote Originally Posted by Kaicho View Post
    Pictures for funsies!

http://i54.tinypic.com/51pn2e.jpg

and here is the burst macro: (you can also just put Drainbolt on it's own hotkey if you prefer, but moving while spamming the macro is also viable if you need hotbar space).

http://i56.tinypic.com/9a2uev.jpg

Macro #1:

#show Whatever-you-want-here
    suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Ignite (this spell will cast if you are moving while pressing your main macro, pick w/e DoT you like best)

Macro #2:

#show Icy Carapace
    suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Icy Carapace
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    cast Draining Bolt

Macro #3:

#show Sacrifice Life: Damage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Devouring Shadows
    Just a question, why would you not include ignite in your burst? Its an instant, has an initial DD component, and can crit for decent damage. If the point is to maximize your burst I'd figure you would throw that in there as well, with a mediocre ele spec I played I would see fairly frequent 300-500dmg crits on ignite alone (the higher end as I gained more sp of course). I think you should be able to add it to the tail end of the macro and get the same effect with the ignite going off too
    Last edited by syn2083; 07-11-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    -Crash the silence for the sake of memory-

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by syn2083 View Post
    Just a question, why would you not include ignite in your burst? Its an instant, has an initial DD component, and can crit for decent damage. If the point is to maximize your burst I'd figure you would throw that in there as well, with a mediocre ele spec I played I would see fairly frequent 300-500dmg crits on ignite alone (the higher end as I gained more sp of course). I think you should be able to add it to the tail end of the macro and get the same effect with the ignite going off too
    In all honesty, usually by the time that drainbolt has been cast, enough spells have been triggered to give me an Opportunity... which I then immediately Lightning Strike for a delicious 2800+ crit. ... with all your +dmg going, you can get in the upwards of 3800.
    IraLee

Rift Disciple

your build really lacks a lot of things and I think it sux, but anyway thanks for the info.

These are my builds today, since I hate the lamer builds like dominator, DotS and Inmmune CloroWarlock sucker:

Pyro 31, 18 Cloro, 17 Warlock
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....xdbzmh.xx0Vzo
    Very fast builds, all instant cast, a lot of burts and a lot of life. It probably has more burst than ur build.

Pyro 32, 18 Cloro, 16 Archmage
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....xdbzmh.xx0R0c
    My old build. With less life but more damage. If you have a healer covering you this build is perfect.

With about 600 valor you will own in a lot of situations with those builds. It lacks a silence to stop op clerics but you will kill everything else.
    Last edited by Spacesoul; 07-12-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Champion

Yeah I'm really not a fan of this one. It might work, but there are builds with equal burst ability and far more survivability and more skills at your disposal.

Show us a parse of yourself doing 4.5k+ dps for any stretch of time and I might be swayed.

Telaran

The only reasonable explanation for that Scion screenshot, is that your warrior friend, a healbot or 2, and yourself stood on the bridge while Defiant controlled it and just spammed AoE s they spawned. nearly 900k dmg is a bit ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast