+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The other side of chloro

Default The other side of chloro

So im in the server que, and ive been meaning to post this thread for a few weeks now so what vetter time to do it lol. Btw i don't mind server que's before u flamers eyes start lighting up lol. ANWAY!!

I want to make a chloro thread that looks at the facts as such rather than just saying OMFG its OP or it' **** and maybe here some suggestions on what people feel can progress the tree forward. Hopefully it wern't a noob vs vet rage fest like most of these threads nowadys lol....

Firstly just want to say that im fairly newish to this game compared to some of u vets out there but fairly experinced with mmo's now. The second thing i want to say is that i dont like or dislike the choloro tree and i feel that its just in the process of being balanced atm. For game designers my opoion is that a tree like choloro is quite tricky nut to crack. The whole, lets do dmg and heal concept is awesome but can at times tricky to balance, but i want to start with the good points of the recent changes to 1.3, and remeber although they are my opions i liek to think there is a elelment of fact involved so please lets look at these points in mature way. Try not to flame too hard,

Natural healing: Hmmmmmmm i know what u r thinking. Why is this good? I know osem of you liek this heal. I agree is does have soem negativity with the whoel 'spam' factor, but the bottom line is that we needed it. I think they set it out as a 2.5s cast to try make players use it in certain situations to try and withstand the spam. This hass obv failed because i think in soem difficult solo healing times we have spammed this and no one likes to do tht its boring. At the end of the day though i felt we needed it not just for tank healing but to progress the class. We are gunna need soem direct heals in there along the way apart from bloom for us to main heal at the end of the day!

Tank/Group healing: We are more defined as these roles. The fact that our veils cannot be purged is much needed change and i think its cool how chloros can the option for the two diffrent types under one tree.

Less AOE dmg: pre patch we had alot of our hard hitting spells that mainly involved aoe dmg. Thats quite full on so im glad that gor rectifyed tbh. I also belive that our overall dmg getting nurfed was a gd shout to. Although we are mages you are rolling a healbot spec at the end of the day lets not get ahead of ourselfs lol.

So yeah there are prob more gd points i havent mentioned but in a round about way some cracks filled in the class that were there pre 1.3 that were kind of resolved. I think the main one being better tank healing now really. so the bad points..... lol

Rotation, wait what roations: It sucks we know it. Void life spam ahoy! What ever way you try and go around it its one our most powerful moves atm so powerful you can just use it most of the time. When things get tough bloom and natural healign and your sorted (slightyl diffrent for aoe healing i know). Not cool!

Unused spells: Someone put on a recent post on these forums that there choloro tree now has the most unsed buttons. Its ture at the end of day, BUT is it.....

Im gunna leave just those two bad points and move onto a genral anaylsis. Ive seen alot of people grizzle about radient spaws and natures touch. Its true the way we heal now is changed alot and not all for the best. how ever i still use both of these spells. Firstly radient spaws, Instant and does do soem healing for u doign nothign in return really so why not? ok when things are hat you care face it but in the easy tiems it does quite nice top ups to your gorup. Natures touch i use with oppertunity. If it crits it does soemthing and instant cast so why not.

I guess my point is that yeah things have gone a bit topsy tervey as the chloro we all like has changed but its important that they make the next adjustments right. So here are soem of my suggestions,

SoR: Lets key this up with radient spaws more! They already work hand in hand but it would be easy to buff. This would allow chloros for a more accesible rotaion that could benfit who ever was targeting it!! Its also really easy to buff. Perhaps make the buff it leaves on the target stay on there for 20 seconds? Some nice heals there and allows radient spaw back in a rotations.

VL: Channel it for longer and whack a CD on it!! Allows longer healing when things are a bit teachy but stops the spam. Prob would have to buff the ehaling u get from it for this to happen though.

Natures touch: Difficult what to do with this spell. It would be easy to say just buff it but perhaps they could change it to make a aoe heal or soemthign for a small amount. I feel we soemtiems lack soem gd DIRECT aoe healing when flourish is on CD. Dunno

Well enough of me would be gd to hear how you guys think they can move off from here, chloro can still be a great class. Its very easy for them to fix certain spells too just change the healing coefficent from dmg on spells so we are arnt down and out yet!
    We moan if it's too hot and we moan if it's too cold,
    If the weather is good, the car is ****,
    And if the car is good, the house is ****,
    And if this house is good, the neighbours are ****,
    And if neighbours are good, then society is ****!! Humans will always moan!!

51pt chloro for tank heals, chlorolock for HPS both are totally viable for raiding, and for you slugs still stuck on 5man content chlorolock with synth is still totally viable.

Chloro is fine in capable hands.

As for the rotation being derp... at least its in line with warriors and rogues, no?
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    51pt chloro for tank heals, chlorolock for HPS both are totally viable for raiding, and for you slugs still stuck on 5man content chlorolock with synth is still totally viable.

As for the rotation being derp... at least its in line with warriors and rogues, no?
    I didnt state at any point chloro was capable healing spec. The point i was making is for peopel to come up with suggestions about they feel about improving the spell rotaions and how we heal. I dont care whether we are inline with rogues or warriors pre 1.2 was far more dynamic how we actually healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post

Also Im not intrested in HPS battles. You raid, you heal, you get the job done. Its been like that for most of the genric modern day mmo's. You check your hps when you feel there isnt enough healing. I personally dont care which class is the best healer. You play your class to the best of your abilty and it dont matter if you are a cleric of chloro they are both capable, you define which one you play by whats most enjoyable to you as aplayer thats why its important for chloro's to not lose its dynamic feel.
    Last edited by Randytavis; 07-11-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Champion

NT is fine thanks, leave it alone. A rotation of NT/VL/VL is superior to VL spam due to the breathing room that a NT crit heal gives you. I've tried out both rotations and including NT is way easier to heal with. Definitely need to do something with SoR though. It doesn't provide healing and the DPS is lacklustre, especially for such a hefty cooldown. The buff to RS doesn't last anywhere near long enough to make it worthwhile to cast.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Randytavis View Post
    Natural healing: Hmmmmmmm i know what u r thinking. Why is this good? I know osem of you liek this heal. I agree is does have soem negativity with the whoel 'spam' factor, but the bottom line is that we needed it. I think they set it out as a 2.5s cast to try make players use it in certain situations to try and withstand the spam. This hass obv failed because i think in soem difficult solo healing times we have spammed this and no one likes to do tht its boring. At the end of the day though i felt we needed it not just for tank healing but to progress the class. We are gunna need soem direct heals in there along the way apart from bloom for us to main heal at the end of the day!
    I dont see your point. We needed it? I pretty much never touch it. Why cast a spell that heals for the same as NT while NT will heal 4 other ppl aswell and u are dealing dmg with it. Everyone spaming this on a tank should have rolled a cleric instead of healing as a mage.
    Only situation were i can see that u might use it is in PvP.

I hope there will never be any more direct heals as it would destroy the idea of a Chloro:
    Healing through Damage.

Anyone who wants more direct heals should get a cleric.

Telaran

NT is also great to cast while a boss is mid induction if the tank is at full morale at the time.

Natural healing is a great tool for a few times when you want big healing on someone other than the tank, I have used it to save people who get eyebeamed in GP when the cleric on beam duty was a bit slow to react, especially on thaalgur where there isn't time for the target to get healed up to full after the beam ends because the AoE comes right after it.

It's nice on Caelia too while she's immune and lightning channeling. Presumably on the bonelord in IT too though I haven't had any desire to go back there and find out

I reckon it's a useful tool to give us at 51. Anyone spamming it on the tank is missing the point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellchen View Post
    I dont see your point. We needed it? I pretty much never touch it. Why cast a spell that heals for the same as NT while NT will heal 4 other ppl aswell and u are dealing dmg with it. Everyone spaming this on a tank should have rolled a cleric instead of healing as a mage.
    Only situation were i can see that u might use it is in PvP.

I hope there will never be any more direct heals as it would destroy the idea of a Chloro:
    Healing through Damage.

Anyone who wants more direct heals should get a cleric.
    If your reffering to natures touch and natural healing, natures touch for me dosent heal anywhere near the amount natural healing does. I do agree with what you are saying though, but tbh it is handy for certain situations liek the poster above stated if a player is on epsecially low health and others are on CD. But yeah i do agree with you very situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Randytavis View Post
    natures touch for me dosent heal anywhere near the amount natural healing does
    No offense, but then you're doing something wrong. NT crit will heal your tank for 5k+, NH crit can't touch that. Unless, of course, you're using Livegiving to tank heal (lol).
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Soulwalker

Honestly im stuck in Chloro/lock for aoeing. watching 2k+ heals hitting raid members, just makes me drool =D
    on Duke and the Focus in RoS, im normally doing 850+ dps and 1100 hps...
    The hps varries due to whichever clerics we are bringing...
    I even use this specc to heal the tanks adds on prince

Only time im actually doing 51 chloro is on LGS, where im on tank duty...
    Its hard to tell if they should change the current Chloro tree, i mean if you nerf my dps ill heal alot less. Another nerf to the healing would kill me. No more raiding...

At some points i do see why people think we are OP, but i would have to point the finger at the clerics slacking in the corner... I have really good cleric healers, only reason why i can get such a high hps, is because of 20 people taking dmg from add or mechanics =D

cant provide a parser, how ever specc + macro + rotaion + stats + the server im playing on

And i dont see why we got NH either, i would rather have keept my aura to effeckt 10 people instead of 5 =P

+ Reply to Thread