+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cholormancer and 5 Mans

pro

Default Cholormancer and 5 Mans

So i have been seeing all these threads bashing chloros and after doing all the T2's. I must healing is still possible but very difficult. In pugs where peoples gear barley meet the requirements and the tank is fresh 50 and doesnt have experience and/or toughness it is hard even on trash pulls. On a few boss fights a bard has to help which isnt good at all considering clerics are completly independent in most groups its just the cleric and everyone else dpsing. So a cholor having to have help even on bosses isnt very fair when you out gear clerics. Im not saying healing as chloro is good but im saying it is possible with a good group. I ran chloro51/war10/ele5. and when the tank over pulls or someone aggros extra natural splendor is your OH sh**. it has litterally brought my whole group back from seconds to death. I also found myself greatly relying on bloom and flourish and praying for oppurtunity procs to get natural healing. which i orriginally thought these were skills used for when things got a little hairy not to be relied on and thrown into rotations. since the chloro does heal through damage those skills are nice and needed but shouldnt be oftenly relied on.

Raiding however is a different story i cant tank heal at all and only able to group heal which is unacceptable imo. My guild doesnt let me heal however because we have alot clerics so i normally end up as the archon since we only have a few mages and most arent heavy raiders.

So comparing the new chloro to the old one we basically got really scr3wed over which sucks since we are also behind on dps leaving us with only one raid spot.

Trion i would like to say that you had a good idea at making 51pt viable but you need to up the tank heals and raise group or just revert back to one veil (most people would love this)and just leave things as they are and just lower natural healing to be more usable and a life saver skill.

Shadowlander

Oh not another chloro sucks thread! Seriously there's too many of them!

pro

Quote Originally Posted by eclap View Post
    Oh not another chloro sucks thread! Seriously there's too many of them!
    if we dont voice our oppions trion will think everything is going fine and nothing will get fixed.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    if we dont voice our oppions trion will think everything is going fine and nothing will get fixed.
    While I agree that voicing displeasure is certainly our right, I hope you do not believe that Trion cares at all about our opinions. It will only lead to disappointment.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 07-11-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

I able to solo heal tanks on raids and I can solo heal T2's as a chlorolock.

So not only is this another "omg chloro sux now" thread, but it's gettin another L2P responce.

Raiding however is a different story i cant tank heal at all
    That, is not a chloromancer issue. I MT heal every raid encounter in the game.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Ascendant

Raiding however is a different story i cant tank heal at all and only able to group heal which is unacceptable imo. My guild doesnt let me heal however because we have alot clerics so i normally end up as the archon since we only have a few mages and most arent heavy raiders.
    To be honest, and I'm not trying to be mean, but your guild most likely won't let you heal due to the possibility that you might be bad at it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Chloromancer tank-healing in a raid scenario.

Shadowlander

5 man healing as a 51 chloro is fairly simple and honestly i enjoy it, however i do use a 51chl/10dom/5war build and make very good use of reflective presence only boss that is close to challenging anymore is last boss xCC. Relying on an opportunity proc is like trying to tank heal hoping for a crit.

As far as raids go I am always assigned a tank healing role (alsbeth, greenscale, prince, and herald add tank) but chloros have an ability no cleric does, we can switch from raid heals to tank heals mid fight. When albesth flys switch to lifegiving, when 2 caster adds are dead ( use reflect on add tank to take away some of the damage) switch to lifegiving adds about to spawn hit lifebound.

Plane Walker

I'll just say what I did in another thread..
    It is certainly possible to be a perfectly good healer. A cleric would surely struggle to heal if the group was barely up to a T2 as well.

I recently solo healed Calyx the Ancient (last AP boss) with only me chloro, cleric tank and 1 rogue dps.
    The other 2 guys (including a cleric healer) had died, with my rez failing with another insta death.
    I stuck my synth on the MT and we proceeded to kill the remaining 80% of the boss with me solo healing, even when I constantly had to be moving about.

Not only that, I was only specced as 44 Chloro / 22 Warlock / 0 Dom since we had the Cleric main tank healing, so didn't even have Void Life that everyone seems to think is essential.
    I'm not saying it wasn't a tough fight, I had to use all the spells at my disposal, but still had time to throw in my warlock DoT's where possible to keep our overall dps up.

I have ~1000SP, 650 Crit.
    I also really enjoy the chloro now I've got used to the changes.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 07-11-2011 at 11:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread