+ Reply to Thread

Thread: yet ANOTHER Lifegiving Veil / Lifebound Veil thread :P

Default yet ANOTHER Lifegiving Veil / Lifebound Veil thread :P

Ok, before people start trolling let me get something straight, I know how these spells work, and when to use what etc.

My question is has anyone else noticed a bug in life lifebound (and or on the Synthesis side?). Im low lv (24) but the other day while running DD I noticed the main tank, with synthesis up (and lifebound naturally) was getting extremely low heals, I almost lost him once or twice.

I was hitting the mobs for around 150..and he or she was getting healed for between 60 with my vile spores (not sure what Natures touch was healing for). I switched over to lifegiving and the tank was then getting healed for 100% of the damage i was doing.

I tried re-casting synthesis, changing roles and back again, and was still getting low numbers. I have tried it on a couple of other runs since then and noticed similar results.

Just wonder if any other mage is noticing this issue? ..or am i seeing things?

Plane Touched

If there was another mage in the group they may've been overriding your synth. That's the only thing I can think of.
    Argizeos - Rank 52 - Wolfsbane

RIP Chlorolock

This happens on higher lvls tho. With Warrior tanks, they have a skill (cant remember its name now, will ask tomorrow and edit post) prevents them from receiving healing from synth. So all they get is the lousy 60% from Lifebound Viel.

When im healing, i ask the tanks not to use it.
    Retired

Rift Disciple

Synthesis only heals if the tank is within 20 range, while the Veils heal at 30 range.

You need to stay within 20 range of the tank or he wont get the extra heal from synthesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalille View Post
    Synthesis only heals if the tank is within 20 range, while the Veils heal at 30 range.

You need to stay within 20 range of the tank or he wont get the extra heal from synthesis.
    This is only for Void Life. Nature's Touch still can be received from 35m.

Soulwalker

Im still a bit confused... when I look at the percentages of the lifegiving veil v s. the lifebound veil, lifebound is clearly lower in group heals, and with synthesis, it basically doubles the percentage for the reipient of synthesis, but the overall percentage of life damage to healing is still lower than with lifegiving veil, which is 80%, where lifebound with synthesis is 30% x2 = 60%, right?

If this is true, then wouldn;t the purpose of using lifebound plus synthesis be to heal the tank as much as you can and the group less so as not to generate as much threat from the larger group healing with lifegiving veil?

Or am I missing something? I feel like I am, because so many people would not miss something like this. I must include though that I am still a lower level (21) mage and so have not done as much research into later abilities as I would like. I wanted log on and take another look before posting, but wth. I did notice Natural Healing has a role in this as well.

Soulwalker

OK so, am I wrong? Am I right? I would really like to know the deal with this, because honestly its quite confusing, and I can't find any reason other than threat generation to go with lifebound over lifegiving.

Plane Touched

With talents in Empowered Veil Lifebound Veil is 30%
    Natural Fusion boosts this to 90%
    Synth boosts this by 100%
    I think this is 180% but it might be 190% (not sure if it's additive or multiplicative)
    Then, Natures Touch itself adds another heal for 100% of damage dealt, and void life does all of the above except its 90% of damage dealt instead of 100% for the last step.
    Argizeos - Rank 52 - Wolfsbane

RIP Chlorolock

Soulwalker

OHHHH Ok I see, so its cumulative.... but I thought lifebound only gave a 30% heal, combined with 100% thats 60%, where lifegiving is 80%... but then again, with natures fusion and void life I guess you're better off if youre doing tank healing, and thats the point, isnt it?

It makes sense if natural fusion does indeed do that, So ill Have a look at the skills again and hopefully understand it. The descriptions are just soooooo long!
    Last edited by xWintersunx; 07-16-2011 at 11:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread