+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancers Question--Lifetouched Soulstone greater essence?

Soulwalker

Default Chloromancers Question--Lifetouched Soulstone greater essence?

Hi all....just curious if the inscribed soulstone essence for Chloros is worth utilizing. I searched some of the various guides and have information on the majority of the others that can be used, but didn't see much on this. Thanks for any input in advance.

Telaran

I'm not 100% sure of the item, but I'm going to assume that it's the one off the vendor that increases Vile Spores damage.

If that is the case, then I can say with reasonable certainty that it is not worth it for a 51 chloro build as 51 chloro rarely uses Vile Spores.

For a chloro/lock build designed solely for raid healing, then it might be worthwhile. I'm really not sure, and only empirical testing could give us a clear answer. My instinct though is that it probably does not as you only cast Vile Spores maybe 1 in 5 times. It's also not clear if it still works if your Radiant Spores gets overwritten by another chloro.

Plane Touched

Casting radiant spores gives you a buff that stays on you even if another chloro overwrites the radiant spores buff on the mob(s). You get a 16 second buff, I believe, that increases the damage of your VS casts by 32, which in terms of heals (assuming even only 110% from a basic specced LGV) will yield 176 additional heals per cast, split up between the 5 recipients of the heal, and I believe if affects the DoT as well.

Chloro/locks spam vile spores more often than not. Usually it's something like Ruin-->NT-->VS-->VS-->NT-->VS-->VS-->Ruin, which let's the DoTs play out a bit (plus NT still hits harder than any other nuke we have), so it's worth having for a chlorolock, but it's debatable as to how much better it is than something like Crystal Vines, especially since it forces you to cast your radiant spores every 16 seconds.

Telaran

Yeah, exactly. My rotation varies a bit depending on the fight. In most fights there are significant periods of time in which only light raid heals are necessary. In those situations and in situations where DPS matters a lot, I usually work Nature's Fury into the rotation. When you're casting that it cuts down on your Vile Spores usage quite a bit.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by swarmofseals View Post
    Yeah, exactly. My rotation varies a bit depending on the fight. In most fights there are significant periods of time in which only light raid heals are necessary. In those situations and in situations where DPS matters a lot, I usually work Nature's Fury into the rotation. When you're casting that it cuts down on your Vile Spores usage quite a bit.
    Great point, I do the same with nature's fury generally, but recently respecced into another build I've been working with, which doesn't include the 2 points in nature's swiftness, leaving nature's fury to an opportunity proc if there's not a lot of heals to throw out at the time.

+ Reply to Thread