+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Necrosis, Flesh Rot and Blood Spike Bug?

Shadowlander

Default Necrosis, Flesh Rot and Blood Spike Bug?

Flesh Rot (3/3) reads: "Increases the duration of your Necrosis by 6 seconds and increases its total damage by 60%".

Here's some data that I believe points towards a bug:

Necrosis and Flesh Rot
    Base Necrosis hits for 130 (non-crit) per tick. It ticks 7 times over 12 seconds giving a total accumulation of damage = 910 (76 DPS, rounded up).

Talented with 3/3 Flesh Rot, Necrosis hits for 110 (non-crit) per tick. It ticks 10 times over 18 seconds giving a total accumulation of damage = 1100 (61 DPS, rounded down).

So with talented 3/3 Flesh Rot, we are not seeing a 60% increase in Necrosis damage, we are only seeing about 21%: (1100/910) - 1 = .209 OR (910*.208) + 910 = 1100

If it were indeed 60%, we would see (910*.60) + 910 = 1456 total damage done, over 18 seconds or 10 ticks = 146 per tick or 81 DPS (rounded up).

Necrosis, Flesh Rot and Blood Spike
    ALSO: Blood Spike, dealt by the Skeletal Zealot pet, reads: "...If the enemy is affected by Necrosis this ability has a 100% chance to critically hit...".

The pet is currently not "seeing" the extended duration of the Necrosis (provided by Flesh Rot). This means that for 6 seconds the pet is not guaranteed to crit using their Blood Spike.

So, they way it stands right now, Flesh Rot is a DPS DECREASE as far as I can tell. Can anyone explain what I might have done wrong in these calculations or confirm they are getting similar data. If in fact this data is correct, there's a pretty serious bug here and we're losing a pretty serious chunk of DPS due to that bug.

I dropped it after reading more on it, Most of the time your dots are cured in PVP, and in PVE i'm going to refresh for blood spike crit anyway.

So as of right now it's a pretty big DPS drop for me, so I got rid of it.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Shadowlander

Pet is doing 338 per hit, non-crit, and 882 per hit, crit. Base, without the decrease in CD on Blood Spike provided by Deathly Calling, he's non-crit hitting 1 out of 3 times per 18 seconds. That's a pretty HUGE difference, above and beyond the DoT itself doing less overall DPS with Flesh Rot.
    Last edited by Laryn; 07-10-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Prophet of Telara

60% doesn't mean add an additional 60% damage, unless you were completely untalanted otherwise. It stacks additively with other damage modifiers.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    60% doesn't mean add an additional 60% damage, unless you were completely untalanted otherwise. It stacks additively with other damage modifiers.
    Same stats, points only spent in 5/5 deadly plague...

Necrosis: 74 dmg per tick, 7 ticks over 12 seconds 74 x 7 = 518 Total damage

With flesh rot 3/3, deadly plague 5/5

Necrosis: 63 dmg per tick, 10 ticks over 18 seconds 63 x 10 = 630 total damage

The ONLY points spent in my tree are the ones listed.

It's your SP scaling

look completely naked, 0 SP

3/3 talented should do 60% more

the talent increases the BASE damage, then your SP is added.

Imagine its base is 100
    talented 160
    Now add 500 from SP and you're looking at 600/660

The more SP you have the less this ability scales
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Shadowlander

If it's scaling off the base only then the talent is definately worthless at the higher levels. This can't be "working as intended" because, if so, it means you talent in to something to lower your DPS which makes no logical sense. Why would anyone in their right mind build a talent in to a tree to lower your DPS without giving you some sort of gain? Nevermind the tooltip doesn't say anything about a bonus off the base damage only.

Sucks for those 51 point Necros out there; you can't untalent it and will automatically receive less damage done per tick and thus lower your DPS.
    Last edited by Laryn; 07-10-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Rift Disciple

Completly naked (no one would ever actually do this I would hope)

Necrosis no flesh rot - 29 dmg per tick 7 ticks 203

necrosis with flesh rot 31 dmg per tick 10 ticks 310

so... 203 + 60% = 324...

I can't get my SP any lower without someone to debuff me!

Yeah but, IRL you're wearing a watch with +50 spell power on it. You forgot to take it off, too ;-)
    Lost in orbit...

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    It's your SP scaling

look completely naked, 0 SP

3/3 talented should do 60% more

the talent increases the BASE damage, then your SP is added.

Imagine its base is 100
    talented 160
    Now add 500 from SP and you're looking at 600/660

The more SP you have the less this ability scales
    This isn't how a single talent in game works, so I doubt it.

Telaran

I'll test it later. Kazzin you don't happen to have its coefficient already so I can skip that part, do you?

Shadowlander

3 sek longer means
    you can cast 2 more Shadow bolts in this time.

só its a huge dps increase.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aarpia View Post
    I'll test it later. Kazzin you don't happen to have its coefficient already so I can skip that part, do you?
    It's 30%, but I did it myself.

Flesh Rot ONLY applies to the base damage of the spell, and not to the spell power term (as DeadlySight said). This HAS to be a bug, because there isn't a single other talent in the game that I know of that works this way.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankDark View Post
    3 sek longer means
    you can cast 2 more Shadow bolts in this time.

só its a huge dps increase.
    its a huge math fail here.
    1. where does that '3 secs' come from?
    2. necrosis is not a channeled spell. shorter duration means that you just need to refresh it sooner, not sitting there idle and staring at it for entire 3 secs(or 6 secs).
    Last edited by Only; 07-11-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Only View Post
    its a huge math fail here.
    1. where does that '3 secs' come from?
    2. necrosis is not a channeled spell. shorter duration means that you just need to refresh it sooner, not sitting there idle and staring at it for entire 3 secs(or 6 secs).
    Yeah but if you look at a longer battle, for example 3 minutes then the numbers looks like this:
    - you have to refresh the talented necrosis 10 times (180/18 = 10)
    - you have to refresh the untalented necrosis 15 times (180/12 = 15)

So you need to spend 5 more GCDs which could have been used for 5 Void Bolts or almost 4 Shadow Bolts.

However the talent seems to be bugged because it should affect the whole damage not the base damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast