+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pre 50/5 man "support" build

Telaran

Default pre 50/5 man "support" build

My understanding of "support" for 5mans and especially normal mode dungeons is that its all about off heals with semi-decent DPS. To that end I'm looking for suggestions for a support build and/or validation of what I'm already toying with which is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zVzo.edIhV000o before taking it into a dungeon.

The basic idea is to keep you pet buffs up and to let it do most of your dps while your spamming your chloro attacks to keep the heals flowing.
    From Necro you also get some debuffs, a single target heal, single target hot, and an some DPS ability if/when the healing isn't needed.

Is this viable? is there something better?

Rift Chaser

I used something very similar to that as one of my roles for a long time. I had feign death though, for those pugs where people couldn't hold AOE agro :P.

It's a pretty fun spec if you are running with one other healer, as you can put out some pretty decent DPS if you're not having to spam the chloro stuff.

I found that to be a decent spec when I was in groups that weren't very good or that I didn't trust much lol. Having the pet to pull adds off you is pretty handy when groups aren't very good at agro management.

If you do find yourself in a well organized group though, you might look into putting the other points into LOC instead necro. It's really really hard for me to run almost any spec without loc in it, if for nothing else but the life to mana exchange :P. Being able to stand there literally all day and never run out of mana can be pretty useful at times.

Rift Chaser

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0V0VV.Vdhua0cz

Missed the edit window :P Something down this line was another one of mine. Faster charging, opportunity procs, more spell damage, life to mana, and having mortality for those *oh crap I'm surrounded* moments is pretty decent.

+ Reply to Thread