+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lifegiving Veil / Lifebound Veil [Chloro]

Plane Touched

Default Lifegiving Veil / Lifebound Veil [Chloro]

Why are there both?
    What is the difference?

It seems like Lifegiving has better numbers than Lifebound, and they are right next to each other to unlock, and, I believe, in the reverse order, so it's not like the one is a replacement for the other?

I hotkey them side by side and mouse over them back and forth and the only thing that changes in the wall of text is that Lifegiving has better numbers.

So, what is Lifebound?

Try looking at Synthesis, Void Life, and Nature's Touch.

Or, finding one of the 10 threads about this already in these forums
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Well, there's the welcoming response. gah.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Plane Touched

Lifebound Veil gives you stronger tank healing and poor group healing. Lifegiving Veil gives you stronger group healing and poor tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by notebene View Post
    Why are there both?
    What is the difference?

It seems like Lifegiving has better numbers than Lifebound, and they are right next to each other to unlock, and, I believe, in the reverse order, so it's not like the one is a replacement for the other?

I hotkey them side by side and mouse over them back and forth and the only thing that changes in the wall of text is that Lifegiving has better numbers.

So, what is Lifebound?
    It's a brand new thing for Chloros that has been around just since the last major patch. There was only one (lifegiving) before that. I guess the devs couldn't figure out a better way to balance good tank healing and good group healing so they split them.

We now have a choice: Lifegiving=good group/raid healing but no extra healing for the tank; Lifebound=much less healing for the group/raid but great extra heals for the tank The first one is used for support healing and the second, together with synthesis, to main-heal a tank. As a matter of fact, casting synthesis on someone will also auto-cast lifebound so you don't forget.

Imho the biggest change is in what spells you need to use when main healing. Since our healing-off-damage is much weaker for the group than it used to be when using lifebound, you'll find yourself using direct group and single heals much more now than what used to be the case... even Wild Growth has a use now when the whole party is taking damage in some boss fights or until the tank gathers unexpected adds.

I've started leveling a new chloro (I have a 50 and this is my third) in a different server and I find I can main heal anything and raid heal rifts almost single-handed. Soloing also seems much easier than before: I can take 4, 5 or more same level mobs routinely and come out at full health.

I was skeptical about the changes and I'm still annoyed about being forced to go 51 in Chloro to be a good healer. But I've found that although chloro feels a bit different it's still a very competent mage spec. Btw, Warlock 2nd is still the way to go at least until you get 5/5 opportunity.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Iselin View Post
    It's a brand new thing for Chloros that has been around just since the last major patch. There was only one (lifegiving) before that. I guess the devs couldn't figure out a better way to balance good tank healing and good group healing so they split them.

We now have a choice: Lifegiving=good group/raid healing but no extra healing for the tank; Lifebound=much less healing for the group/raid but great extra heals for the tank The first one is used for support healing and the second, together with synthesis, to main-heal a tank. As a matter of fact, casting synthesis on someone will also auto-cast lifebound so you don't forget.

Imho the biggest change is in what spells you need to use when main healing. Since our healing-off-damage is much weaker for the group than it used to be when using lifebound, you'll find yourself using direct group and single heals much more now than what used to be the case... even Wild Growth has a use now when the whole party is taking damage in some boss fights or until the tank gathers unexpected adds.

I've started leveling a new chloro (I have a 50 and this is my third) in a different server and I find I can main heal anything and raid heal rifts almost single-handed. Soloing also seems much easier than before: I can take 4, 5 or more same level mobs routinely and come out at full health.

I was skeptical about the changes and I'm still annoyed about being forced to go 51 in Chloro to be a good healer. But I've found that although chloro feels a bit different it's still a very competent mage spec. Btw, Warlock 2nd is still the way to go at least until you get 5/5 opportunity.
    Thanks everyone! I'll see if I can find a good 51 chloro spec out there. I think I was using a spec before the last change. The good news is I'm only 15, so I haven't really built up much knowledge to have to learn how to re-tool.

Check my thread and the table to know how you can benefit from each Veil.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...58#post2678758
    Fatality - lvl 50 Mage
    PVP 5/8, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, GSB 5/5, ROS 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11

My MAGE GEAR LIST v5.5 ▓

Out of date and retired

+ Reply to Thread