+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this count at all towards being competitive?

Rift Master

Default Does this count at all towards being competitive?

I showed my Plut parse in a different thread, sitting at 1763 DPS, and claimed I could get it better without the cast time lags, etc.

Here's the parse on a Target dummy with raid buffs. I'm not in Best in Slot, and RNG could have been better in the form of Opportunities, but... Still.
    Rogue guildie had a betting contest that he could out-DPS me with full raid buffs on the Target dummy.

...I won.

Now I'm not saying it's representative of what can or can not be done in a Raid fight with actual mechanics, but I firmly stand by my belief that Mages are VERY capable of putting out competitive DPS if played properly.

Rift Master

Missed the Edit timer.

Damage breakdown.
    We had multiple people parsing the fight, hence the DPS discrepancy (The Break-down is also ~3 minutes longer than the actual parse, but I wanted to show that it's legitimate and not just ********.)

Fun ****, right?

Edited in: This was with no Chloros for Wild Growth. So it can be a decent bit higher than this too.

Double edit: But we do need a buff. Lol. I look forward to what the Synergy Crystals do for us.
    Last edited by Arianna; 07-10-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Cool. What build is that?

guessing from the spells used it's the cookie cutter necro/lock.

I don't know how you do it Arianna, we both parse roughly the same on the dummy (+/- 25 DPS) but your Plut parses are so much higher than mine...

Which buffer is slacking d**$&t
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Rift Chaser

I would say that along with your other parse shows that you are competitive, but I'm with deadly, I don't know how you are pulling it off. To that end, I have 3 questions:

1. Soul Purge as highest damage. So I'm guessing this is the 31necro/35lock spec?

2. If your parsing highest with soul purge (and not 38 lock with defile), does that mean that defile is not a competitive/viable option? I know defile is bugged, just looking for clarity on soul purge v. defile.

3. What's the deal with plague bolt? I see you mention casting it only on opportunity - is that simply for a stack of deathly calling so you don't have to toss out a grave rot?

Thanks.

1763 is still too low. It's about the best mage parse I've seen, but a cool 200 dps behind what the other classes can do on Pluto.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    1763 is still too low. It's about the best mage parse I've seen, but a cool 200 dps behind what the other classes can do on Pluto.
    I'm not sure I've seen a cleric parse for more than about 1700, nor do I recall seeing any ranged rogue parses for more...

The only people I've seen parsing for 1.9k+ are melee rangers, melee sabs and paragon and champ warriors.

So being about average for a ranged class and 200 below the highest dps melee (With using nice gear + best 1h melee weapon in game (With it's rather powerful proc)) does seem competetive.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Taril View Post
    I'm not sure I've seen a cleric parse for more than about 1700, nor do I recall seeing any ranged rogue parses for more...

The only people I've seen parsing for 1.9k+ are melee rangers, melee sabs and paragon and champ warriors.

So being about average for a ranged class and 200 below the highest dps melee (With using nice gear + best 1h melee weapon in game (With it's rather powerful proc)) does seem competetive.
    There was a parse posted where there was a rogue, warrior, and melee cleric all doing 1900+. May have been from travqt, can't remember. But your cookie cutter druid/shaman/inq are indeed doing that kind of dps. None of the other cleric specs are even remotely approaching that, however.

Also, I feel like your last sentence is like saying mages are competitive because everyone else has an advantage and that's why mages are competitive. It's like we're getting a golf handicap or something. Unfortunately, a boss's health number does not consider the handicaps of the enemies it faces. If melee is scaling with relic gear better than casters, then that advantage should be evened out somehow. Either nerf the melee procs or buff the caster procs.
    Last edited by Pyrocaster; 07-10-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taril View Post

I've seen clerics parse over 1900. Shocked the hell out of me when I saw it, but it can be done. Melee clerics evidently scale well.

spotters might be > wild growths for necrolocks

otherwise its a decent parse

your rogue should still outdps you tho

i prefer zoomancer at plutonus, the burst for the last 20% is way better
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    There was a parse posted where there was a rogue, warrior, and melee cleric all doing 1900+. May have been from travqt, can't remember. But your cookie cutter druid/shaman/inq are indeed doing that kind of dps. None of the other cleric specs are even remotely approaching that, however.
    It would appear that if melee clerics are hitting 1.9k then it's just any ranged spec that is terrible at doing DPS which doesn't make much sense in a raid situation (Usually melee > ranged because ranged can do damage when melee cannot, this is normally applied in MMO's because of PvP and kiteing)
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sculti View Post
    i prefer zoomancer at plutonus, the burst for the last 20% is way better
    That seems like a better choice to me too...the burst for the last 20 or 10% is more important than the overall dps on this fight. Unless I guess you have the boss on farm status and you're experimenting with ST DPS builds.

Rift Disciple

I still don't get the use of plague bolts in this spec. According to the damage breakdown you posted your average plague bolt hit for 1473.24 compared to void bolts of 1524.81. Okay maybe it is for the deathly callings, but the average damage of your grave rot was 413.51 and that ticks 4 times per cast. So I just can't see what justification you have for them, even on opportunity procs.

Obviously you are doing something right to manage 2k dps on the dummy while raid buffed, I am just stumped as to why plague bolt is used.

he should be running a rotation similar to this one

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Version-1.3%29

i explain when you should use PB
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast