+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tank healing Greenscale

Ascendant

Default Tank healing Greenscale

So, my guild finally made it to Greenscale after weeks of struggling with raid attendence. It was quite an exciting time. But this dragon is making me bash my skull in. What is the proper healing setup? The encounter seems heavily biased against the Chloro style of healing. The 75% healing debuff is kick my tail and I just can't seem to keep up. I'm only pulling around 500 HPS since there are so many penalties, and a lot of movement. What successful strategies have you all accomplished for this fight.

We don't have the members to simply replace people at will, nor is that the type of guild we are. DPSing for me is not an option.

Get one of your clerics to go 51 Purifier for the 51pt ward during breath, and have another spec for Healer's Covenant (just in case.) That should give you the buffer you need to keep your tank up.

Oh, and use Natural Conversion when he casts Noxious.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Our guild uses 3(?) Clerics specd for the shield on Rest Flames

Heals are reduced 75%, Absorb shields are not
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Rift Chaser

Sounds like you just need to maybe gear up a bit, another piece of raid tier or two, and maybe start using your CD's at a different time. Im not even using essence surge on breaths, im waiting for the moment when I have to but it never happens. Make sure the clerics are using covenant on the main tank for breaths to help you aswell. Also your rotation, I am aggressively cutting off my Void Life to cast natures touch, keep withering vines, and radiant spores up. Always look for your opportunity to procc and cut off a void life for an instant Natures touch. Never stop casting aggressively using void life in between everything while keep vines + radiant up time as close to 100% as possible. Its almost possible to have an opportunity proc up for each time natures touch cools down, if it is cooled down go ahead and cast it if there is no opportunity, but base your aggressive style around trying to have opportunity up each time it does cool down, remember that each tick of void life can proc opportunity. Hope this help you improve your HPS.

Chrion, Waiting on Diablo. http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8EF69AE1...le#Discoveries
    Last edited by Combustion; 07-09-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Soulwalker

I we generally run 8 heals (including bard) for the fight. 2 cleric and chloro always healing the MT; the rest are AE healing: generally at least 1 other chloro, 1 bard and 2 clerics, the 8th is then filled in by who we have on, it can be any of the 3 listed above. We don't really pay attention to the off-tank, which is always a void knight tank. Also make sure your tanks have i think 160 of their needed resistances preferably close to that unbuffed than top it with Planar Protection and the archon/bard resist buff.

For breathes our guild does: Healer's Covenant, MT cd, MT cd, and another Healer's Covenant if we hit 4 breathes.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    Sounds like you just need to maybe gear up a bit, another piece of raid tier or two, and maybe start using your CD's at a different time. Im not even using essence surge on breaths, im waiting for the moment when I have to but it never happens. Make sure the clerics are using covenant on the main tank for breaths to help you aswell. Also your rotation, I am aggressively cutting off my Void Life to cast natures touch, keep withering vines, and radiant spores up. Always look for your opportunity to procc and cut off a void life for an instant Natures touch. Never stop casting aggressively using void life in between everything while keep vines + radiant up time as close to 100% as possible. Its almost possible to have an opportunity proc up for each time natures touch cools down, if it is cooled down go ahead and cast it if there is no opportunity, but base your aggressive style around trying to have opportunity up each time it does cool down, remember that each tick of void life can proc opportunity. Hope this help you improve your HPS.

Chrion, Waiting on Diablo. http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8EF69AE1...le#Discoveries
    My Chloromancer spec is deep into Dominator, so I don't have the benefit of Opportunity. Deny and Memory Wipe have proven too useful for me to get rid of. But Natural Conversion; I didn't even know that Noxious would be affected by it due to being AoE. I'll definitely try that out.

As far as raid gear comes, I've had to make due. We've received all of 2 Mage pieces for the entirety of our raiding career, one being the Emerald Edge which I have, and another being a neck piece which went to someone else. Everything else was just cleric tanking gear :x

EDIT:
    Stat-wise, we're looking at roughly 1050 spellpower, 23% crit, and 277 focus. Essence-wise, I run two shielding greaters, because they make me happy.
    Last edited by Caydin; 07-09-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Rift Disciple

Respect to 51 chrolo/10 lock/5 elem

macro

#show Void Life
    cast Ruin
    cast Void Life
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Dark Touch

Cast Nature's Touch when Opp procs

During the air phases I switch to LGV to give the raid more heals since the tank isn't taking as much damage. I switch back to Synth/LBV as GS is landing.

I got another macro just for putting up Synth back on the tank. LBV is autocast when Synth is applied.

#show Synthesis
    target tank
    cast Synthesis
    raid Synthesis on %t

Quote Originally Posted by suroktheslayer View Post
    Respect to 51 chrolo/10 lock/5 elem

macro

#show Void Life
    cast Ruin
    cast Void Life
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Dark Touch

Cast Nature's Touch when Opp procs

During the air phases I switch to LGV to give the raid more heals since the tank isn't taking as much damage. I switch back to Synth/LBV as GS is landing.

I got another macro just for putting up Synth back on the tank. LBV is autocast when Synth is applied.

#show Synthesis
    target tank
    cast Synthesis
    raid Synthesis on %t
    That macro does nothing but cast Ruin then Void Life, nothing else.

1) I don't know why you would main spam Ruin, It's only usefullness is for movement when Bloom and Flourish are on CD
    2) I don't know what peoples obsession is with NT and VS anymore.. Have you guys actually looked at the HPS on VL? Raid healing, sure. MT healing... ....
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

That macro will only cast RS and DT while moving.

Deadlysight is correct, if your tank healing go look at Void Life!
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    That macro will only cast RS and DT while moving.
    I think the point is to make NT go off while moving... with an Opp proc... but then again, you gotta line it up.

No real reason to macro it in if you're gonna have to do that much work.

I thought NT was good for tank healing, has priority over VL casts? I may be wrong on this...

Rift Disciple

For Pete's sake people puting spells after a non CD spell is always for when you are moving. In the Greenscale fight you are going to be moving a whole bunch. Nature's Touch will cast off the macro while moving when Opp procs and Vile Spores is there just in case Nature's Touch is on CD. The only valid critic is maybe putting in Ruin ahead of Void Life.

Quote Originally Posted by suroktheslayer View Post
    For Pete's sake people puting spells after a non CD spell is always for when you are moving. In the Greenscale fight you are going to be moving a whole bunch. Nature's Touch will cast off the macro while moving when Opp procs and Vile Spores is there just in case Nature's Touch is on CD. The only valid critic is maybe putting in Ruin ahead of Void Life.
    It just doesn't make sense to me since VL isn't a spammable spell. It doesn't have a CD but chain casting it clips the 3rd tick and to be fully effective you need to delay the next VL by a fraction of a second. If you wanted a cast on the run priority macro it should go NT/VS/Ruin/RS/DT

Ascendant

I wouldn't use such a macro, anways. Given my luck with things, Ruin would be used when I'm not moving, so I wouldn't have it when I truly need it.

Does Natural Conversion heal the first tick of Greenscale's Noxious, or the entire amount?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    My Chloromancer spec is deep into Dominator, so I don't have the benefit of Opportunity. Deny and Memory Wipe have proven too useful for me to get rid of. But Natural Conversion; I didn't even know that Noxious would be affected by it due to being AoE. I'll definitely try that out.

As far as raid gear comes, I've had to make due. We've received all of 2 Mage pieces for the entirety of our raiding career, one being the Emerald Edge which I have, and another being a neck piece which went to someone else. Everything else was just cleric tanking gear :x

EDIT:
    Stat-wise, we're looking at roughly 1050 spellpower, 23% crit, and 277 focus. Essence-wise, I run two shielding greaters, because they make me happy.
    Ok well If you are main tank healing and want to improve then try 51 Chloro, 10 lock 5 ele because your job is to heal the tank, not be a dominator, if a dom is needed for a particular fight then one of the dps mages should already have that utility covered, you should be spending every global worrying about healing as best you can. Do not make a macro to play Chloro, the entire point of it is that it is dynamic and your rotation is NOT static if you are doing it right, those Chloros that use macros to heal are T2 dungeon heroes at best. Read my little paragraph again, and give it a shot the next time your guild goes in there. I promise you will see improvement and have alot of fun with the specc. Atleast try it and come back with some feedback on how you did.

Chrion, Waiting on Diablo http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8EF69AE1...le#Discoveries
    Last edited by Combustion; 07-10-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Ascendant

I attempted the 51/10/5 spec in GP last night, but I wasn't very impressed. Opportunity would never actually be up when I needed it. I can definitely understand the theory for the spec, though, so when we next try Greenscale, I'll give it a whirl.

I just don't really like it for challenges where the tanks isn't constantly under 100% health, because the move ends up being on cooldown at the very moment where it would be most effective. Example, Thalguur's Earthquake. Constantly, Opportunity would proc just as I was winding up a Nature's Touch in anticipation for the AoE damage, or conversely, it would already be up, but would fade away a second before. Either way, I would end up with Nature's Touch on cooldown, or not in flight, and thus it becomes useless to cast anyways, because and Flourish would result in a smoother gain of health.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast