+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do you still need Synth to get Nature's Touch.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Default Why do you still need Synth to get Nature's Touch.

... if they don't even work together anymore. Doesn't make sense IMO

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    ... if they don't even work together anymore. Doesn't make sense IMO
    They do. It still heals your target with synthesis for an additional 100% of its damage, same with Void Life (they both heal your synth target twice.) Says it right in the tooltip.

Edit: Keep in mind, it only works if you have Lifebound Veil up (not Lifegiving Veil), and applying synthesis to a target automatically puts up LBV.
    Last edited by Uhgii; 07-09-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

lol I thought they removed it's synth bonus to make it more of an aoe spell. Was just a base damage nerf dunno what i was thinking. As you can see i've put my chloro role on the shelf for 1.3

Plane Touched

Haha it's okay -- and technically, still works as that in my chloro/lock spec. It does more life damage than VS and Ruin, so I spec into synth (and don't use it) to get NT in my rotation. My heals and DPS went up!

Champion

For pvp i specced into dominator for the after transmorgrify bonus of 40% reduced cast times for 5 seconds (turning natures touch into a reasonable cast time and powerhouse of healing ;D ) Chloromancer then became a tirtiary tree, one just for backup group healing between my debuffing and dps-ing but it does it great

Ascendant

Actually its LBV in root that don't make any sense - what use has it if you don't take synth and NT (or VL at 51points)?
    LBV has no advantage, only disadvantages over LGV if you don't talent synth.
    they should remove it form root and make so the talent synth gives you both the skill synth (to cast over the tank) and the skilly LBV (so you can refresh your buff after you die without needing to casting synth again on the tank)
    not an huge problem but it only confuse people over the differences between lgv and lbv - changing it as this would make the link between LBV and synth and its difference from LGV more clear
    Last edited by Ruizo; 07-12-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    Actually its LBV in root that don't make any sense - what use has it if you don't take synth and NT (or VL at 51points)?
    LBV has no advantage, only disadvantages over LGV if you don't talent synth.
    they should remove it form root and make so the talent synth gives you both the skill synth (to cast over the tank) and the skilly LBV (so you can refresh your buff after you die without needing to casting synth again on the tank)
    not an huge problem but it only confuse people over the differences between lgv and lbv - changing it as this would make the link between LBV and synth and its difference from LGV more clear
    People will only get confused if they don't read properly. You get LBV the same level Synthesis is available.
    Last edited by Caydin; 07-12-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Rift Chaser

So that for a fight like, lets say the last boss of expert AP, you can switch to lifegiving veil, and replace void life on your bars with vile spores, then on a boss (or trash) where there is little group damage and heavy tank damage you can put vile spores away and throw your void life back out to lifebound veil.

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    So that for a fight like, lets say the last boss of expert AP, you can switch to lifegiving veil, and replace void life on your bars with vile spores, then on a boss (or trash) where there is little group damage and heavy tank damage you can put vile spores away and throw your void life back out to lifebound veil.
    Sort of related: You can still heal EVERY t2, with t2 gear, using Lifegiving Veil. BUT you should still synth the tank if you have a 51 chloro build. When you need extra tank heals you can swap to lifebound on the fly, and if you need mana you can still pop empathetic bond while Lifegiving Veil is up as long as synth is on the tank.

+ Reply to Thread