+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: my new SC/DOM BS/AB WIN

Default my new SC/DOM BS/AB WIN

i made a post a while ago using a similar build without BS/AB, but didn't get much love. i went ahead and fixed the build, added in BS/AB, and made a rotation up. i am blown away by this build.
    for comparison, i'm getting 1200 over 5 min with the necro/dom build (at the time this was written). this build has more dps, is more mobile, has no full time pet, and has a crap load of aoe when needed. also, this parse didn't allow for storm shackle, but on a moving raid boss, it's a huge dps increase. this build also has all the goodies from Dom that are more then useful for many raid bosses. this build is required for our guild's Alsbeth kills.

my unbuffed stats at time of this parse(with the int buff from dom): 1185sp, 761crit, focus capped

build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...sdo.MsiubkoRbz
    or http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...sbo.MsiubkoRfz for better % to reflect/interupt

5 min parse: (05:00) Boss Practice Dummy: 1230 Ddazzle-Arctic Blast-4312 | Ddazz | 1230

breakdown of the parse: http://gyazo.com/dbdff4665cb4bc2ecb9890696fe95a43.png

as you can see i messed up a lil bit doing this, but was so impressed with the initial results, i had to post the findings. i missed static flux on an arctic blast, and a couple didn't get the BS crit buff, but still crit.

key:
    PS=Pillaging Stone
    SV=Searing Vitality
    BS= Building Storms
    AB=Arctic Blast
    CB=Cloudburst
    SS=Storm Shackle
    HS=Hailstorm
    TB=Thunderbolt
    T-Blast=Thunderblast
    RS=Raging Storms
    SF=Static Flux
    IS=Ice Shear

rotation:
    PSx5 (refresh every 4:30)
    SV (refresh every 4:30
    TBx3
    IS
    (will be at full charge)

BS on
    CB (or ice shear if refreshing is needed prior to BS/AB/RS)
    T-blast* (for quick thinking proc) (NOTE: current bug prevents quick thinking procs. fill with CB or IS here until fixed)
    SF on
    AB
    CB
    BS off
    RS
    SF off
    HS (every other rotation if stationary, even with single target)(set up while RS is finishing its channel)
    SS (every other rotation if moving, or if target will move)
    CBx2 (x5 if i didn't use HS AND SS together)(x4 if i only used HS OR SS. (one or the other))
    TB
    CBx2
    rinse/repeat
    (place ice shear as needed)

priorities: SS > AB > HS > RS > CB

for split personality and static discharge, make sure the adds are fully out, before tossing static discharge on them. use CB as soon as you pop SP. this is to force them to target as soon as they are up. the added CB also gives you the time needed to make sure your SP gets SD.
    for mana, use heroic mana tonic, then mana wrench as needed
    use storm shackle on moving targets ( use in place of a CB)
    use hailstorm on stationary targets (use in place of a CB)
    don't refresh ice shear too early, refresh as it's falling off in place of a cloudburst, or before you cast T-Blast.
    for those using genesis pylon: the 45 sec cooldown on it causes quick thinking to proc. use this on either a HS, or a SS. (i didn't use it for the parse)

AoE rotation
    hailstorm when off cooldown
    Lightning Storm
    or FL x3
    LF
    rotate FL with LF
    when group is close to dead, use up all elect charges with LF
    note: if one target is a priority, place ice shear on it when 3 stacks of elect are up.
    Last edited by DaddyDaz; 08-17-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Soulwalker

Any chance you can break this down for every 10 levels?

Me and some friends just started a 5 man group. I'm supposed to fill support, and this does it.

post removed. updated original post.
    Last edited by DaddyDaz; 07-12-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by g0at View Post
    Any chance you can break this down for every 10 levels?

Me and some friends just started a 5 man group. I'm supposed to fill support, and this does it.
    for a support role, i don't know if i'd play this build. it's really geared to make use of your points at 50. i'd recommend necro/lock for leveling, or chloro for 5 man support/heals.

Rift Disciple

Daz, did you try adding a CB inbetween AB and RS to make sure RS gets the hypo buff? Or does it always get it with this rotation? Unfortunately I can't test it this moment, but the other post you made got me really interested in SC/Dom and I use it for fights like Alsbeth and love it.

death's edict might be a nice way to get the quick thinking proc as well I use this in the necro/dom spec too and it does more than thunderblast in my exp.
    I should test this spec out more I messed around with it for awhile early on but at the time it seemed necro/dom was doing better so I kinda shelved it for a bit ^^ I love the sc and dom class concepts though, its definitely something I've wanted to be viable since beta
    Last edited by Inixia; 07-08-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscelot View Post
    Daz, did you try adding a CB inbetween AB and RS to make sure RS gets the hypo buff? Or does it always get it with this rotation? Unfortunately I can't test it this moment, but the other post you made got me really interested in SC/Dom and I use it for fights like Alsbeth and love it.
    i thought about tossin in a CB in between AB and RS, but am still kinda paranoid about losing charge to keep the rotation up. it's the reason i pop SF off and then BS off during raging. as long as charge isn't an issue, i think it would work really well. good call though, i'll try and play with that tomorrow as i have an early wake up.

edit: this worked well. updating main post. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    death's edict might be a nice way to get the quick thinking proc as well I use this in the necro/dom spec too and it does more than thunderblast in my exp.
    i checked it and it was a dps loss when i was looking at it. death's edict, haunting pain, and neural pod were all dps losses. i can double check it again tomorrow though. np. may be something we can toss in prior to HS or SS to shave off the rest of the time over GCD. good call.

thunderblast does more dps in this build becuase of the synergy with the SC soul. 3 stacks of elect and ice shear improve thunderblast a bit.
    Last edited by DaddyDaz; 07-12-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Ascendant

hah, cool!

Interesting build.

Soulwalker

I tried this spec and used the same rotation as you except the HS. I got 1017 and with my normal AB/BS rotation in SC/Ele spec I get 1150.

Do you really get more dps as sc/dom than sc/ele, where you hitting more than one test dummy? losing the 30% crit dmg seemed to be the problem for me, I do have a bit more crit compared to SP than most other mages, could be that or maybe the HS part do a big difference I dunno. But can you please confirm that you do more dmg with this build compared to sc/ele?

I even used this build when we downed alsbeth last time, came out on 1200 which is pretty bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Ov3rflow View Post
    I tried this spec and used the same rotation as you except the HS. I got 1017 and with my normal AB/BS rotation in SC/Ele spec I get 1150.

Do you really get more dps as sc/dom than sc/ele, where you hitting more than one test dummy? losing the 30% crit dmg seemed to be the problem for me, I do have a bit more crit compared to SP than most other mages, could be that or maybe the HS part do a big difference I dunno. But can you please confirm that you do more dmg with this build compared to sc/ele?

I even used this build when we downed alsbeth last time, came out on 1200 which is pretty bad..
    i get on average about 70 less when using SC/ELE BS/AB. i'm also getting about 30 less with the necro/dom build on average.

you should be using hailstorm for the stationary single targets though, as that's part of the rotation. and no, i wasn't hitting more then one target. you can see by the amount of hits, and break down the parse yourself.

Telaran

what is the purpose of hs?

Quote Originally Posted by kalliades View Post
    what is the purpose of hs?
    i'm not sure i understand the question, but it's purpose is to do damage. as far as spell priority for a stationary single target, hailstorm is really high. you do have to make sure you cast it right after raging is done, and can use the channel time of raging to set up hailstorm to eliminate any extra time not casting something. the reason for it's use right after raging is due to BS. you don't want to have hailstorm still going off when you are trying to set up your stacks of BS for AB.

Prophet of Telara

I think most of us are just sick of the xxx/dom builds.

Shadowlander

i dont know why though, SP is the most stylish spell in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast