+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I doing something wrong in T2s (chloro heals)?

Soulwalker

Default Am I doing something wrong in T2s (chloro heals)?

I've run two T2s now (same instance, darkening deeps), and either I'm doing something very wrong or my tank is. I usually run just with him, so it COULD be him, but I don't want to accuse him if it isn't.

Anyway, I have 800 spell power, 503 crit, and 151 focus (little too much just for T2s =/). Currently using the 2 epic greaters you can buy with inscribed sourcestone and planarite (crystal vine, frozen deep one tear), and for a trinket I've been using the spirit wolf totem. I also have a bonelord's luck and a Murk shrouded trinket, but I have not tried them.

I do the basic void life spam, making sure not to clip the third tick. When i get an opportunity I either throw a natural healing on the tank if he needs a big heal or a nature's touch to top off my group/do more damage if he doesn't need a the bigger heal. I tried keeping radiant spores up on the first run, and without it on the second, and it didn't really seem to change much, but that could have been bad luck. I use entropic veil as much as I can, unless I'm planning on saving it for when i need some bigger heals (not that there were any in dd).

I also check that it's MY synth on the tank if I have another mage, because I have run into a LOT of mages in T1s that forget and just pop theirs onto the tank. -_- Other than that..I think that's about it. I want to drop some of my focus to get more spell power, I think that would help a lot, and I suppose losing some crit for SP wouldn't be a bad idea either. All of my gear is enchanted, of course, so that isn't the problem either. I do not know what the tanks stats are, but I do know he's still in several blues.

Anyway, some help would be GREATLY appreciated, because I'd love to get the better gear from T2s. Also really interested in the trinket from Deepstrike, but when I googled about that instance...well, I'm not looking forward to that after how bad Darkening Deeps was.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by daxp View Post
    Anyway, some help would be GREATLY appreciated, because I'd love to get the better gear from T2s. Also really interested in the trinket from Deepstrike, but when I googled about that instance...well, I'm not looking forward to that after how bad Darkening Deeps was.
    Keep the focus. 90 focus is the minimum to play, not the focus cap for T2s

Use NT for tank healing opportunity procs. That second heal for a synth target's still pretty powerful. Using NH for opportunity procs when NT is on CD is still useful.

DSM's not that bad. 2nd boss does trip up some undergeared chloros, and the last boss isn't too bad, unless you have bad luck with the disorient.

Jury is still out on 2 greaters/4 lessers vs. 6 lessers. Dropping any crit lessers for spellpower can help up your sp.

And you're in the middle of the suck phase for chloros that many people refuse to recognize. Don't be afraid to run with support heals. There's a couple bosses I still do, just to be lazy on, and I'm at 915/651 sp/crit. It'll get better (somewhat) with gear.

Soulwalker

I thought focus was capped at around 125 for T2s? If it is, I could drop one or MAYBE two pieces for somethign with a little more power on them. If not, oh well, glad I asked before I wasted time/plaques.

And so I just need to power through this phase of my healing then. Hopefully I can find me either a bard or chlorolock or one of the sixteen different justicar support clerics to run with until I get some T2 gear then. Thanks a LOT for your help!

Rift Disciple

were exactly do u have problems? trash? a specfic boss?

for tank healing natures touch should still be in your rotation as far as i know
    use bloom and flourish
    general chloro is a lot more about managing your cds atm

Soulwalker

Anyway, I have 800 spell power, 503 crit, and 151 focus (little too much just for T2s =/). Currently using the 2 epic greaters you can buy with inscribed sourcestone and planarite (crystal vine, frozen deep one tear), and for a trinket I've been using the spirit wolf totem. I also have a bonelord's luck and a Murk shrouded trinket, but I have not tried them.
    I have a question about the Frozen Deep One Tear: does it proc off our LGV/LBV heals or our other, non-direct, heals? I have considered getting one and I would assume it would work like the Crystal Vine just wanting clarification.

The only thing I could suggest to help you with healing the dungeon is to make use of the lowed CD on Wild Growth, 1 minute cooldown isn't really that much and it is a very useful spell. Natural Splendor is a great AoE heal as long as there are multiple targets, and of course you have to have charge.

I try to anticipate as much of the damage as possible, it has been said that Chloro is more of a proactive healer than a reactive one. I spec 51Chloro/10Dom/5Ele so I have access to the reflect from Dom which comes in handy on certain bosses or even trash pulls. Natural Conversion is also a great spell to use on caster mobs, essentially a free heal and can be cast before the fight like Radiant Spores and it doesn't aggro the mobs.

I rarely find myself using Natural Healing and rely mostly on a NT > VL > VL rotation with the occasional Bloom thrown in if things get hairy. I find that with this spec and rotation(I uses the term rotation loosely as all encounters are different) I am able to solo-heal most T2 bosses. Certain bosses I require support on, bosses such as Caelia, Calyx, etc.

All in all: Do not be afraid to ask for support, make use of everything you have at your disposal, and try to be as proactive as possible, anticipating and preparing for the damage is the hardest thing to learn, but also the most important aspect of Chloro healing in my opinion.

My stats for reference are: 925SP, 600Crit, and 210 Focus.

I hope this helps and it is much more difficult than prior to 1.3, I am slightly overgeared for T2s and I realize that it does make a huge difference in healing ability, but the principles are the same and it is still doable, just need a competent group and knowledge of the fights.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Plane Walker

Go in as support, you will have more fun that way.
    Last 5-6 PUG;s I 've done as support chloro (44 chlo / 22 WL), we have had pretty much no wipes. Just the occasional stupid one. Bosses all go down easy.
    It also doesn't matter if the main healer is Cleric or Chloro - 2 Chloro's also works great (one use synth, one doesn't).
    Also there are 2 vendor bought greater essences - 1 procs a ~850 heal of over, time, the other a ~550 shield. For chloro these proc A LOT as they work on LGV/LBV.
    I think I bought 1 in IPP, and the other in Stillmoor.

Dont need to play support. Make a 51 pt build and healing is cake!

My advice to you would be, get more spellpower, try a different tank, take an offhealer like bard...

2 full healers Cleric/Chloro is overkill for t2's.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerguyT89 View Post
    I have a question about the Frozen Deep One Tear: does it proc off our LGV/LBV heals or our other, non-direct, heals? I have considered getting one and I would assume it would work like the Crystal Vine just wanting clarification.
    Yes it does. As does the Sacred Heirloom of Eth from DSM, and most other "proc on heal" items that do not specify direct healing spells, though I have heard of problems with the trinkets from GSB but I don't know for sure and they should proc off our veils

Soulwalker

you do all good.. the solo question i can do: you use lifegiving or lifebound?

i know it is a stupid question... but better do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Atomico View Post
    you do all good.. the solo question i can do: you use lifegiving or lifebound?

i know it is a stupid question... but better do it...
    Was totally just about to ask that... the patch notes may be quite confusing for someone just reading them, and even the descriptions of the two veils is really similar.

LifeBOUND veil is the tank healing veil, probably the one you always want to have up when solo healing a t2.

LifeGIVING veil is the raid/group healing veil, you should use that if your support healing a raid or w/e.

Shadowlander

I also check that it's MY synth on the tank if I have another mage, because I have run into a LOT of mages in T1s that forget and just pop theirs onto the tank. -_-
    To those aking if he's using LGV or LBV, unless they've changed it so that synth works with LGV, your assumption's unfounded.
    Last edited by Tonomi; 07-09-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonomi View Post
    To those aking if he's using LGV or LBV, unless they've changed it so that synth works with LGV, your assumption's unfounded.
    I've known many a person not to read, cast synthesis and then cast LGV /sigh...

Soulwalker

I am, of course, using Lifebound veil when healing the tank with synthesis. I've actually explained the difference between the two veils to some mages queued as chlorolock support that kept overwriting my synthesis.

Anyway, I'm going to try a couple more T2s today, if I have time. The past day or two I've farmed a lot of planarite, and now have a second source engine - one with the two greaters, and one with all lessers instead - and have replaced a few pieces of gear with more power and less crit. Hopefully that's all I really need.

And about the source engines, would it be fair to assume the greater essences might be best used for AoE healing and the lessers for tank healing? The greaters could put their HoT or shield on anyone, not just the tank, so there could be times where they aren't helping your tank healing at all, but the lessers would always be helping.

I use my greaters for tank healing, of course none of it is for the tank lol. With ae heavy fights I don't have time to deal with artards who do stupid crap or fall victim to lag. My general reasoning is the less I have to worry about having to throw them a bloom if flourish isn't enough the more time I can actually upkeep my usual casting order on the tank. My biggest clutch heal is actually natural healing. The heal I despised after our soul mauling has actually become my friend. With 51 pt actually being a good spec I now have circle of life. So it turns that into a quick 3k+ heal that I know is going to crit.
    Last edited by Kiele; 07-10-2011 at 06:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread