+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low lvl rift soloing

Soulwalker

Default Low lvl rift soloing

Hello, I heard a necro/lock/chlor or ele/chlor/lock can start soloing rifts (including elite boss) since low lvls. Is it true? And if so, what build would you recommend?

Thanks.

Rift Disciple

Either mage pet soul should be able. I used ele/dom/chloro for most of my leveling, never had a problem with anything.
    refugee from Corthana and Byriel

If you don't mind having 2 speccs, I'd recommend doing the Necro/WL thing for stages 1-4 and switching to Ele/something or Chloro/Pet for the boss.

However, if Ele/something is your spec anyway (SC/Ele for instance), just make sure you got Improved Quicken Elements. It's not horribly effective but that heal will keep your pet alive no matter what. Watch his health closely and judge how much damage spells you can dish out before you have to return to maintaining the heal-channel.

Necro/WL can kill the elites, too. But it's a little harder. You lack the uber-heal but make up for it with strong dots and generally higher dmg output.

Having Chloro + any tank pet should work like a charm too as soon as you got Synthesis and all that stuff. The thought behind this is to use life based spells for dps and healing, having no need to maintain Quicken Elements. This needs quite a few points to be effective though.
    Last edited by Elerina; 07-08-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Soulwalker

I tried when I was on trial as a lock/necro/domi and almost made it at lvl9, but I think I should definitely be able to do it as chlo instead of domi and with the healing bolts.

I'm not sure if I should max Necro first or Lock? I've done lock cause it seemed better but I'm not sure. The first skelly is pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Accedie View Post
    I tried when I was on trial as a lock/necro/domi and almost made it at lvl9, but I think I should definitely be able to do it as chlo instead of domi and with the healing bolts.

I'm not sure if I should max Necro first or Lock? I've done lock cause it seemed better but I'm not sure. The first skelly is pretty weak.
    I'd say stick to Necro until you got Ancient Tomb (21pts). Afterwards you can go for the WL goodies. That's what most people prefer. I personally went further into Necro for Clattering Bones. I always play with the Zealot out (the rogue-ish pet) and this will make him hurt.. badly. But sticking with 21 and work on WL from there is just as good.

Rift Chaser

At lower levels, here's what I did. Got loc to 6 for the life to mana, got chloro to 8 for the insta cast bloom. (that combo right there means you never run out of mana. At that point, you can go a couple different ways. Since you get a free pet, you can pick ele (which seems like a bit tougher of a pet to me), or, you could start putting points into the necro tree until you get to soul purge.

Soul purge + bloom+life leech + essence link makes you pretty much unkillable to anything you should be fighting.

I spent almost all my time leveling in some combo of loc/necro/chloro. There are certain break points where it's good to juggle things around when you can get to certain skill levels. To me, that's a big part of the fun of the game, is trying all those different combos and seeing what works for you.

I will say that feign death is now one of the spells I have a *really* hard time being without. 22 necro, 8 chloro, the rest Loc, is pretty much bullet proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    At lower levels, here's what I did. Got loc to 6 for the life to mana, got chloro to 8 for the insta cast bloom. (that combo right there means you never run out of mana. At that point, you can go a couple different ways. Since you get a free pet, you can pick ele (which seems like a bit tougher of a pet to me), or, you could start putting points into the necro tree until you get to soul purge.

Soul purge + bloom+life leech + essence link makes you pretty much unkillable to anything you should be fighting.

I spent almost all my time leveling in some combo of loc/necro/chloro. There are certain break points where it's good to juggle things around when you can get to certain skill levels. To me, that's a big part of the fun of the game, is trying all those different combos and seeing what works for you.

I will say that feign death is now one of the spells I have a *really* hard time being without. 22 necro, 8 chloro, the rest Loc, is pretty much bullet proof.

Pretty much the same, but i ended up with 16 in Chloro for the buff on my pet. It keeps him alive through 99% of any situation i have encountered. only my Cleric has more survivability.

Granted the major event rifts... those guys my pet doesn't last. I could probably solo the big guys.. but it would take a lot of kiting and luck. not to mention forever...

Soulwalker

I have made a storm caller/pyro/ele (first toon) and she is able to handle most of the rifts her level. I just aoe slow what I can then aoe dps it all down, freeze them in place when My aoe slow is back up, recast it, aoe dps, then use that aoe wind knockback when/if they get too close. On the boss mobs I try to keep them stunnlocked and slowed, kite em around and resummon my tankpet with the freeze. Only trouble I run into is when the mobs are immune to my skills. Then I solo my *** on back to safety.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Accedie View Post
    Hello, I heard a necro/lock/chlor or ele/chlor/lock can start soloing rifts (including elite boss) since low lvls. Is it true? And if so, what build would you recommend?

Thanks.
    Yes its possible. I am currently 43 with a Necro/Lock/Chloro and I am soloing 44 - 45 Rifts. Working towards my Sigil. That build will give you a lot of survivability and the Zealot pet does very good DPS.

G

+ Reply to Thread