+ Reply to Thread

Thread: They nerfed pyros for a good reason.

Soulwalker

Default They nerfed pyros for a good reason.

Dominator/lock/am = more utility and tons of burst/aoe. I love storm shackling a warrior --> traitorous influence ---> dark touch ---> neddras grasp ---> radiate death. Oh don't even get me started then pop sac life dmge and trinket bust out your shades..50 percent debuff target. People start dropping like flies at the codex when their all bunched up trying to do something. Oh hai is that your healer in the back there? Let me dot him up, heal debuff -> incompetence-> and blast him with my shades/voidbolt/drainbolt. I'm having fun. It's hilarious to watch warriors die in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomson View Post
    Dominator/lock/am = more utility and tons of burst/aoe. I love storm shackling a warrior --> traitorous influence ---> dark touch ---> neddras grasp ---> radiate death. Oh don't even get me started then pop sac life dmge and trinket bust out your shades..50 percent debuff target. People start dropping like flies at the codex when their all bunched up trying to do something. Oh hai is that your healer in the back there? Let me dot him up, heal debuff -> incompetence-> and blast him with my shades/voidbolt/drainbolt. I'm having fun. It's hilarious to watch warriors die in seconds.
    I think you may have it somewhat backwards.

Dark Touch, Grasp, Radiate, Shackle, TI. that way the dom stuff is least likely to be cleansed.

Warriors are excellent TI targets as they have off GCD attacks that proc it.
    MMs make good targets too. The have cast and non cast abilities that they like to string together for burst, TI procs when they finnish the cast and again when they hit the instant... oh and they never stand still.

I really enjoy this spec myself, and my cleric friend is telling me it's a hell of a lot easier to heal me when I run it compared to 51pyro (I think I used to flicker out of his LOS).
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    I think you may have it somewhat backwards.

Dark Touch, Grasp, Radiate, Shackle, TI. that way the dom stuff is least likely to be cleansed.

Warriors are excellent TI targets as they have off GCD attacks that proc it.
    MMs make good targets too. The have cast and non cast abilities that they like to string together for burst, TI procs when they finnish the cast and again when they hit the instant... oh and they never stand still.

I really enjoy this spec myself, and my cleric friend is telling me it's a hell of a lot easier to heal me when I run it compared to 51pyro (I think I used to flicker out of his LOS).
    \

Ah I could see what you're saying..that is definitely a better idea for a rotation..lol Thanks for that but yeah man definitely way more utility I mean a lot of buttons but once you play it for like a week. You can easily get it down..and with time you could be unstoppable. The burst damage when you use your cds right is ridic and aoe dmge you can pull off.

This was the proper way for Mages to counter Cleric Healing, not Pyro burst. I'm happy with this change to mages. I do think SP hits too hard, though. Does it bypass Valor?

Signed,
    Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    I do think SP hits too hard, though. Does it bypass Valor?

Signed,
    Warrior
    If it does bypass valor I would think its a bug and should not... does necro pet/pet-zerg bypass valor?

Every calling has a way to counter SP, some have many. AE Fear, confuse, silence make SP useless. The buff can also be sheared off the mage. If the damage is out of line it isn't by much.

I kill more people with shackle + TI than I do with SP.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomson View Post
    You actually got a snare to land in a WF? We're you the only one on your team in the WF?

+ Reply to Thread