+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixing mages is as easy as 1 2 3!

Soulwalker

Default Fixing mages is as easy as 1 2 3!

1. Soul Purge has a mana % cost instead of consuming charge to use
    2. Essence Link, redirects 20% of the total damage you take to your minion
    3. Make all pets/minions level 50 (instead of keeping lesser ones at level 32, or whatever it is)

oh and also I guess something nice would be having Life Leech have zero air travel time
    and where is Warlocks DoT cover? Unstable Affliction isn't in this game, and it's really quite unfortunate.

wtb slsl
    Last edited by Vaxor; 07-08-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Yes, because every mage wants to play a smelly necrolock.

Soulwalker

well in all honesty the 2 closest soul trees from WoW -> Rift

Pyro/Elementalist/Dom
    Necro/Warlock

with a bit of tweaking in the elemental tree (buffing a lot of everything, especailly the pets)
    and a bit of tweaking within necro/warlock trees everything would be where it should.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxor View Post
    3. Make all pets/minions level 50 (instead of keeping lesser ones at level 32, or whatever it is)

oh and also I guess something nice would be having Life Leech have zero air travel time
    and where is Warlocks DoT cover? Unstable Affliction isn't in this game, and it's really quite unfortunate.

wtb slsl
    Your subject is misleading.

Soulwalker

wtb slsl
    I agree +1. But i feel like each soul ( maybe except domi ) should have flicker-like ability as in WoW blink - in my opinion that single ability makes mages - mages ! Giving them their precious range, considerign how all classes have their ways of easy reaching you.

Althouh i think 20 % damage transfer to pet is a bit too much, cuz take out yoru lvl 50 knight pet with 5 points in HP increase talent + revivify will make necros ( if they have 31 lock ) waayyy to powerful.
    Actually i think they should make life leach insta cast but put it higher in the lock tree. Or its talent should be like this - "Each point reduces cast time of life leach by 30% and increase its total damage by 10 % per point spent - 3 pt talent. ". Also remove the each void bolt gives 100 % recast of lfie leach on talent and replace it with something like - "Gives your void bolt a 25/50/75/100 chance to place a stack of Shadow Presence (random name i know ) dealing 2 % of its total damage over 3 secs , lasting for 12 secs - Max 5 stacks. " I think this will be a kinda fair buff to warlock, giving us a bit increase of DPS + Giving us 1 more DOT - Because as a lock myself i think we are havingvery few DoTs atm... Cosndering we should be the main DOT class in game.
    Last edited by Desdan; 07-08-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Rift Chaser

and where is Warlocks DoT cover?
    What do u think about this suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post
    Warlocks should have a passive talent like this:

If your dots are dispelled, enemy gets instant 15(?)% dmg of the total dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamist View Post
    Indeed, but the damage you get from dispelling a given dot should be more significant + include some silence/stun effect. 15% is not much when it comes to 'should I dispell or not dispell' question.
    I very much wold like to see something that makes dispellers think twice when they want to clear the dots from a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post
    This was just a suggestion.

Of course 15% are not that much; but getting this instant dmg over and over and over for each dot that is dispelled should hurt ...
    But you also can say 20% or maybe more. I just tried not to go over the top.

An additional silence or what ever would be nice; but donīt forget about the immunity.

Maybe the enemy could also lose mana or energy or so.
    Or we could get back 5(?)% mana...

There are many possibilities in this regard.

+ Reply to Thread