+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opportunity procs being eaten by bloom?

Shadowlander

Default Opportunity procs being eaten by bloom?

I did a few searches and have been reading the forums, but still have not found a single thread about this. I noticed it last night and my husband swore up and down that I was just crazy and was missing something. So after doing our own testing he saw the same thing that I had noticed in our dungeon runs. That even with bloom being an instant cast spell it does have a tendancy to eat your opportunity procs.

Out of 200 opportunity procs bloom used the opportunity proc 80 times. Took us quite a while to test this as we were trying to ensure that I was not sure the opportunity proc with something different by mistake. I like to use opporutnity for my natural healing and often time i will cast bloom right as opportunity procs and poof there goes the buff.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else had this similiar issue or noticed it as well? Or did I do something wrong.....and yes I know troll me for I did something wrong by rolling a mage and playing chloro *insert eye roll here*

Been like this since before launch. I have faith that one day, it will be fixed.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Shadowlander

Well that's just silly! I guess I never noticed it before since I was not "looking" for the procs for a certain purpose.

Sword of Telara

Flourish eats the proc as well.. I've filed a bug report on this in like Beta 4 but it hasn't been fixed yet. There is hope though as they fixed the effect of cast time increasing spells on upgraded Bloom and Flourish.

Until then watch out for Oportunity procs and make sure you cast NT when you see one.

I might have to check this again, but I believe that Pyro's Ground of Power (cast right after Burning Shield), might have the same problem. Probably it's the same with most of the skills that aren't instant-cast by default, but become so by build or proc.

Carandini

Prophet of Telara

Opportunity will be eaten on any spell that isn't instant by default. Been this way since beta.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Opportunity will be eaten on any spell that isn't instant by default. Been this way since beta.
    thank you that explains a few things as to why some instant casts dont use it and some do.

Rift Chaser

A lot of the skills that get changed to insta cast skills via spending points in the skill tree are hosed. The problem is how those spells are originally flagged in the database and not getting that flag changed when the skill tree changes them.

From a coding standpoint, actually a bit trickier than it seems like it would be to fix.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Dang I really never noticed this but I've played a ton of chlorolock and sometimes I'm just like "WTF where did my proc go?" This must be the answer

There's a way to fix that, at least if you're 51.

#show Bloom
    cast Natural Healing
    cast Bloom

+ Reply to Thread