+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Degeneration appears to be removing buffs that it should not be removing.

Default Degeneration appears to be removing buffs that it should not be removing.

Special thanks to Mahousensei of the Dayblind server for helping me confirm this.

Also, a quick forum search reveals this, but it's not on the 1.3 Known Issues list.

Anyway every now and then I notice that my Lifegiving Veil gets purged when it's no longer supposed to. It was only today that I noticed the spell responsible for this, and I'm not sure if there are others.

Upon further testing, not only did Degeneration remove my Lifegiving Veil, it also removed my Battlemaster's Brew valor buff.

Degeneration is a channeled DOT placed on the target; it's possible that the game does not consider this DOT a "purge", and any similar skills (I can't think of any off the top of my head, but pointing this out just in case) may have the same issue.

Bug report has been appropriately filed btw, just put this thread here to draw attention to it.
    Last edited by Corian; 07-08-2011 at 01:58 AM.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

aux

Thanks for telling everyone about this bug. I'm sure nobody will abuse it now.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Thanks for telling everyone about this bug. I'm sure nobody will abuse it now.
    If you weren't already casting your purges on healers you really need to reconsider how you've been playing.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Prophet of Telara

Well-known for a long time.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Well-known for a long time.
    Yes, but it's kind of amusing that only mages can remove lifegiving veil now.

+ Reply to Thread