+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Void Life bugged?

Soulwalker

Default Void Life bugged?

Has anybody else noticed Void Life only ticking twice? It seems to happen when I have another cast of Void Life queued up behind it. The tooltip implies you get three ticks and if I let it go without queueing, it does three ticks. It's just when spamming VL, as is expected in average conditions when you want to get them off as efficiently as possible, it ticks twice and then there's a big fat 2 second downtime before I get another tick.

Soulwalker

Well the answer is kinda simple, your clipping your casts, just be more careful when timing them

Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of a [nochannel] macro... so you gotta watch your ticks, make sure the third is going off before queueing your next cast.

Rift Disciple

For those of us with high latency, we have to account for that as well. Almost brings back the horrendous memories of using quartz and a stopcasting macro in TBC.

Shadowlander

its broken, and trion dont say a word about it.
    simple fact.
    oh but they had time to work on stream of reclamation visual bug... yea, very usefull right ?

Queueing causes VL to clip it's last tick. If you turn off queueing you can also clip the last tick if you tap buttons/keys to avoid slack time between casts. As far as I can tell, the issue is that VL's last tick of damage fires after the spell dissipates from the target (as noted in the combat log), so if you cast anything before the last tick of damage fires, you will clip it (and lose 33% of VL's damage). The only way I've found to avoid this is to pause between VL casts/after a VL cast and wait for the last tick of damage to fire before starting another cast. In cases where heavy spell effects make it difficult to see damage ticks, you'll have to guesstimate. I /bug this issue daily.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Soulwalker

Thanks Fuzzy Kittens. Good to know it's not just me having the issue. I'll keep reporting it and get the other Chloros in my guild to do the same.

To the other posters claiming that I'm just clipping the channel that's false. Channels without cooldowns will queue with themselves. This shouldn't clip anything if the engine is doing its job properly. Also it takes about a half a second after the channel bar ends to tick the damage, and a half a second after the channel starts to get the first tick. So even if I time it perfectly I'm getting 1.5s-tick-1s-tick-1s-tick-click-1.5sec-tick etc. This is better than the current 1.5s-tick-1s-tick-2s-tick-1s-tick-2s-tick etc. but not by much. And it's not any better at all when you factor in that I'm not actually going to be able to do it perfectly every time in real-world scenarios.

Soulwalker

Default Synthesis distance

I am surprised I have seen multiple threads on the clipping but almost not threads on the fact that synthesis is not always proccing from void life tics. If the tank is more than about 21meters form the caster.

here is another thread relating to this but no replies:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Void-life-bug

Has no one else noticed this or tested it? I have been bug reporting this since the day 1.3 released and nothing is happening. How many hot fixes are we up to now? Let's get this spell fixed Trion.... you pigeon hole us into a spec for tank healing and give us busted main utilities to work with.

Ascendant

add to the pile the fact that even the littlest pushback will make you clip the 3rd tick of void life.
    that spell is just screwed.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Banned

If you take damage during a channeled spell it makes your channel go faster and you wont get the 3rd tick

Shadowlander

so still not a single word about this annoying bug by trion ?
    not even a "hey we aware and working on it" no ETA nothing...
    they are just ignoreing it.
    wth i pay my sub for if they dont take this game serius ?

In all liklihood this probably happened because they totally ****** chloros up in 1.3. There was a last-minute effort to save the changes with void life, but it was rushed and not properly tested.
    Dear Players,
    We really don't have a Vision for the Mage Class. We are just winging it based on conversations around the water cooler. Occasionally we hire a Shaman to come read squirrel entrails. He says he can predict the future and it makes a tasty sandwich when he is done, so who are we to argue. Please continue to insert your $15 per month and have a nice day.

Rift Chaser

Never do 2 in a row in a raid environment, you shouldnt have time to anyways, your withering vines or radiant spores are falling off, or you have a ruin up sitting there being unused, or you have an opportunity procc and a natures touch up begging you to use it. I cut off my own void lifes half way through (global CD) anyways because there are things to do if you are actually trying to play well. get more aggressive and keep your vines / spores uptime at 100%. Played properly you wont run into this bug, spamming void lifes back to back means your dots are falling off, and you have high priority spells just sitting there not being used while you play lazy bad style chloro. Thats not to say trion shouldnt fix bugs, but L2P.

Chrion, Waiting on Diablo
    Last edited by Combustion; 07-12-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Shadowlander

Another patch and no word about the void life bug... so i keep healing my tank for less 33% capacity.
    gogo trion. nice of you ignore your custumer real problems and just fix cosmetics...

+ Reply to Thread