+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mages Complaint for Trion to See

Soulwalker

Exclamation Mages Complaint for Trion to See

I am not going to talk about the 1.3 soul changes, but each update mages are getting weaker and weaker and the other classes getting stronger. I had enough today when I saw my warrior friend doing a 2K AOE damage on dummies and me with my best pyro build barely got over 1k, It's not because of gear nor that I don't know how to play a mage. I have been playing this level 50 mage since I started playing Rift. The fact is mages get killed before even casting their first spell and if you use your survivability for example the one found in warlock it just makes your dying process a little longer..., their DPS sucks compared to other classes. I know that mages are known for their low armour and survivability but it's redicolous how easily we get killed.

I think I am talking for all the players who are playing Mages. I am just asking Trion or to buff us or to nerf the other characters atleast a little bit because this game is getting really annoying and making all players thinking about quitting it or thinking about re rolling a different class.

At the moment from a raid of 20 people mages get only 2 slots, one for archon for the buffs and one for chloro for the AOE healing, anything else would be a waste ...

I wish that Trion at least answers our complaints or give us a sign that they are reading what we are writing in these forums.

Telaran

try playing stormcaller then laugh at your warrior friend when you triple his aoe dps.

Soulwalker

You would need at least 5 targets you attack with Storm in order to pass the warriors DPS and this only happens in certain circumstances.

so you mentioned warriors AEing target dummies, then complained when your single target soul can't AE like that, then moved to PvP survivability in the same paragraph as if there was a connection between them

then complained about players choosing perfect-world raid configurations as if trion has anything to do with that, and as if everyone has the option to pick and choose who to bring, and as if it really ****ing matters what the raid configuration is with all current PvE content on farm

and then you say the one class everyone's complaining about gets one of these two mystical guaranteed raid slots.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Rift Chaser

It's a shame you were born into a life of servitude as a mage, that must really suck. Having to sit back and watch all those other/better classes that you can't ever play.......oh wait.

Fast forward a few months, after you've rerolled a warrior. **Dear Try-on, please fix warriors, someone killed me before I even got to them**.

Mages are not without their problems, but these pity party threads really are pretty laughable.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    It's a shame you were born into a life of servitude as a mage, that must really suck. Having to sit back and watch all those other/better classes that you can't ever play.......oh wait.

Fast forward a few months, after you've rerolled a warrior. **Dear Try-on, please fix warriors, someone killed me before I even got to them**.

Mages are not without their problems, but these pity party threads really are pretty laughable.
    I see your point. Mage DPS certainly needs tweaked on st, aoe is fine. I agree the whining is hard to hear but the truth is mage deserves a little love in the next patch. If the next patch arrives without some st increases then I would expect more complaints and deservedly so.

Red face

Im fine with my mage's dps, just spec SC and lock with elementalist and ya have massice AeO dmg with decent single target abilities. Usually im in the top 3 in WF's and i have to watch my dmg cause i aggro from tanks alot but chloro has gotten harder....

People who play other classes may come into threads like this to chide, and bork-bork, but the fact is that mages single-target dps is pitiful, even with a tried-and-true role build and rotation.

I find it hard to believe that Trion's design team has such a huge oversight. Perhaps someone needs to provide them with a flashlight?

Mages are in the position of having to devise the "ideal" rotation, and then manage it, carefully, often whilst running around dodging various ground effects during raids. Other classes can devise one-button macros, chase the mob around spamming that one key until it nearly cracks (i've heard it on vent more than once, lol) and produce 2x the dps of a mage who is managing a rotation that is Much more complex.

No one plays a mage to be low-armor, low-HP, AND low dps. People roll mages to Burn Stuff Down. We want our big BOOM! Where is it? Remember when mages had to worry about pulling aggro? Think back to other games you've played... yep.

No, I'm not talking about PvP. As Trion has said all along... pvp balance will be managed separately from pve balance. This is Essential to the fun-factor of playing mages in Rift. If mages are, occasionaly, one-shotting folks in pvp, then that issue needs to be examined by design, and nerfing of mages because of pvp needs to stay in the pvp milieu.

Our real competitors in the aoe departments aren't warriors. It's rogues.

Soulwalker

I guess it really depends if you're pveing or pvping. If you're pvping we are fine.. necro/lock/am = beast mode or dom/lock/am chloro/dom/am all of these are very viable and can destroy people 1v1 1v2 and pull off pretty good single target dps. I could understand pyro is easy to play..you literally use 3 buttons when not stunning or dropping ae snare or gos..but try the other classes out there and you'll see!

Rift Disciple

I have to say that there is definitely something wrong when more often than not you find yourself in a group and the first conversation goes "Do you have a Chloro build? Great. We really need you to run that so the clerics can go dps build and not have to waste time doing heals."

Or the ever growing trend (at least in my experience on Faeblight) where you group with clerics who have completely ignored healing builds. I ran a dungeon the other day that had four clerics in the group. Not ONE had the ability on their own to heal the group. It was through a combined effort of four clerics in variations of dps builds that the dungeon was completed with people standing.

Suga has a great point that games are built around trade-offs. You trade survivability and damage mitigation as a mage for bust dps and big bada boom! Well, right now we're missing the big boom.

There should never be a situation where the more mages you add to a group, the more the group dps drops. Unfortunately, that's starting to become the case. Instead of finding ways for mage heavy groups to scale back the damage output, we are often struggling to figure out a way to increase it.

Someone in development needs to take a long hard look at how things are going. I'm with ya. I believe in ya. Now please show me that continued faith is deserved.

AoEn 3 dummys using no CDs in Meridian SC is 2500+ DPS

Seriously, where do these people come from...
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    AoEn 3 dummys using no CDs in Meridian SC is 2500+ DPS

Seriously, where do these people come from...
    If you read carefully, you will read where the problem is single-target DPS. You'd know that if you were a mage.

When there's a raid where the objective is to stand there and AoE 3 test dummies, I'm sure I'll be top dog.
    Last edited by Suga; 07-08-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suga View Post
    If you read carefully, you will read where the problem is single-target DPS. You'd know that if you were a mage.

When there's a raid where the objective is to stand there and AoE 3 test dummies, I'm sure I'll be top dog.
    "I had enough today when I saw my warrior friend doing a 2K AOE damage on dummies and me with my best pyro build barely got over 1k"

You mean where he said he was upset about his warrior friend doing 2k aoe damage on dummies and he could only do 1k.

Maybe you should read carefully? I'm well aware what mage problems are. I'm a full T3 Raiding Mage. I'm also well aware terrible people saying Mages do 1k AoE DPS don't help the cause. By AoE 3 test dummies, you mean like Greenscales add phase? Heralds adds? Alsbeths adds?

Quote Originally Posted by Suga View Post
    You'd know that if you were a mage.
    L.
    O.
    L.
    Last edited by DeadlySight; 07-08-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Lee Trevino, on why he has never had a golf coach: "When I find one who can beat me, I'll listen."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySight View Post
    "I had enough today when I saw my warrior friend doing a 2K AOE damage on dummies and me with my best pyro build barely got over 1k"

You mean where he said he was upset about his warrior friend doing 2k aoe damage on dummies and he could only do 1k.

Maybe you should read carefully? I'm well aware what mage problems are. I'm a full T3 Raiding Mage. I'm also well aware terrible people saying Mages do 1k AoE DPS don't help the cause. By AoE 3 test dummies, you mean like Greenscales add phase? Heralds adds? Alsbeths adds?
    I'm not here to debate with you. I don't know you. I can't substantiate anything you post as fact.

Since you decided to engage me in something that approximates conversation, I will respond.

The first couple paragraphs of you post are unintelligible to me. They seem to present some anecdotal evidence about AoE damage on test dummies. But, I could have sworn that I clarified that my mage concerns are mainly with Single-Target DPS, which represent the bulk of the raid encounters that I, personally, have seen so far.

I do realize, especially since you stand upon them to support your (position?), that there are a few (3) boss fights in the current live raid encounters that require AoE dps. What is that? Three out of fifteen or so encounters? A vast minority.

So, my question would be... what is your purpose of posting in this thread? What's your objective? Because, I fail to glean it from the content of your posts.

My objective is to encourage Trion to bring mages in line with both their description of the mage class in the character creation process, in line with the description of the offensive mage souls, and in line with what we have become accustomed to being the tool kit of dps mages in other games past. That being, DPS Masters.
    Last edited by Suga; 07-08-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: stray comma

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast