+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks 1.3 chloro is super powerful?

Telaran

Default Am I the only one who thinks 1.3 chloro is super powerful?

So when rift came out I played a rouge. we did some raiding and at some point had a few mages quit, so i rerolled a mage, power leveled it to 50, and right as i was hitting we merged with a bigger more progressed raiding guild.

Wanting to keep raiding, i spent a few hunderd plat making the crafted gear.... overall maybe not quite as good as the t2 plaque gear, but close. I raided about 5 days before 1.3 came out.

Before 1.3 I was competetive, I kept pretty much even with superior geared clerics, so i was afraid of the naysayers crying "nerf" on the forums.

Ive since picked up about 2-3 pieces of raiding gear. Im still undergeared compared to two of our clerics, and quite frankly I smash the meters. When i raid with them, when we pug a healer, when i heal t2's everything is pretty much easy. on the vast majority of fights when we arent overhealing i break 1k healing easily, and ive topped out around 1300-1400 in some fights (I average around 1125 on greenscale).

Now, I will admit, im not a tank healer, I use lifegiving and raid heal, and its fantastic. I mean they nerfed flourish and it needed it bad, it was so amazingly overpowered, and its still super super strong.

I think one of the reasons people complain about chloro is maybe that they havent played it in a raid setting. There are so many fights that have big raid AOE's every 10-30 seconds, so flourish does massive chunks of your healing and raid recovery. examples I can think of are: plants on greenscale, air phase on greenscale, warmaster wolf phase, hylas soul fracture, plutonis' aoe's, etc just to name a few. throw in a massive tank heal in essence surge, bloom pretty much healing any raid member to full on cooldown, and the various goodies you get from your other souls and i cant really see how people are complaining.

For aoe healing i use 35 chloro 31 lock and 0 archon.

for tank healing, which admitedly is slight nerfed but still not hard for a chloro (my hps is only slightly lower on some bosses and even on others compared to aoe healing) i use 51 chloro 15 dom and 0 archon.

Not only is chloro a strong healer, arguably superior to clerics if played right, it is much more fun to play now and if you master it it is much more involved than the "1 button macro spam" that people complained about pre 1.3

is there anyone else out there happy with where the soul is now?

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Rakan View Post
    is there anyone else out there happy with where the soul is now?
    I think this thread is intended to cause an argument.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Am I the only one who thinks 1.3 chloro is super powerful?

YES

Am I the only one who thinks the OP is a super ******? Likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryNerfedMage View Post
    YES

Am I the only one who thinks the OP is a super ******? Likely not.
    Still mad, bro?

Telaran

its not meant for an argument at all, but every day i read 10 threads crying about how they dont like it, surely there are others like me that think the chloromancer is a viable and fun spec, and also powerful as is.

I DONT want trion to change it again and im hoping there are others happy with it as is as, as i am, so they dont feel the need to alter it any.

Dude compares his raid healing hps vs his tank healing clerics hps and thinks hes ok. More news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Dude compares his raid healing hps vs his tank healing clerics hps and thinks hes ok. More news at 11.
    Hmmm... /thread?

Rift Disciple

I run MH chloro in raids for our guild. For most fights I top the healing charts except for alsebeth usually where the mobility in the air phase supports the clerics more. We usually run with 1 other chloro as well, who heals in AoE mode and I'll out heal him most of the times, but this isn't because I'm better than him or anything. What I've come to realize is that hps isn't like dps at all where you can always get bigger and bigger numbers. You can only heal how much damage has been done. Most of the time it comes down to who can heal the fastest after big burst damage.

I'm very active with my flourish and I make sure to always have spores up which does a large chunk of my healing. I usually run with the melee as well which keeps me in range for Wild Growth. If the fight has aoe damage coming, I'll save my WG and pop it a few seconds before to make sure the heal is ticking when the damage goes off. Same for the channeled AOE heal. Because of this its like I 'steal' the healing from the other healers

Really though its probably not that chloro's are overpowered now, but that your clerics just aren't very good. In reality, you probably would have done more healing before overall in 1.3 and you would just be that much further ahead than your clerics. They should be keeping up close with you, but remember you can only heal how much damage has been done. The healing charts will usually be all over the place as to who does best if everyone in the raid is doing their job.

EDIT: Also, as said above, dedicated MT healers will not top the chart, which is why hps meters are pretty stupid. If the tank didn't die, they did their job.
    Last edited by Enrick; 07-07-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Soulwalker

So, it's easy to heal T2s in raid gear and you top HPS charts while AoE healing in a raid? Sounds overpowered to me....

Sez

Like I said at the start.

Argument Thread.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Default Please excuse me........

Just testing to see if I finally figured out how to show my Signature. And the testing continues......not working.
    Last edited by thesassyone; 07-07-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: refreshing basically to see if my test works

Telaran

it doesnt have to be an argument thread, but apparently people seem to be so incensed about the mage class they cant even discuss rationally.

@ the person who said "in raid gear": i just specifically said i was almost entirely in crafted gear:

hood, rings, robe, all the darkcloth gear. wpn is crafted.

so yeah, im in 3 pieces of raid gear, that hardly means "in full raid gear"

and the person who says "QQ you do good numbers when raid healing"

Whats wrong with this? there are raid healing clerics as well in our raid, better geared than I, and i out heal them with ease.

The argument im putting forth is this: maybe we should cry a little less about being slightly worse tank healers than clerics when we can out aoe heal them. we are still performing a vital raid function and are necessary and required members of any raid to be succesfull.

and the people who are bringing up t2's. i dont even know what to say. I could solo heal t2's in full crafted gear BEFORE t2's were nerfed.

Now i can heal them without even using synthesis.

in all seriousness, chloro healing is fine as it is, and I'm not trying to start any arguments or anything, but there has GOT to be someone out there other than me who sees this.

Rift Disciple

all mage is OP. I mean, my SC can AOE for 2200 while warriors and rogues can only pull 1200 single target. pfft, they can't even compare to my dps.
    Last edited by Rydis; 07-07-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Now, I will admit, im not a tank healer, I use lifegiving and raid heal, and its fantastic. I mean they nerfed flourish and it needed it bad, it was so amazingly overpowered, and its still super super strong.

Quit reading right here. Obvious troll and ******* *****.
    Dear Players,
    We really don't have a Vision for the Mage Class. We are just winging it based on conversations around the water cooler. Occasionally we hire a Shaman to come read squirrel entrails. He says he can predict the future and it makes a tasty sandwich when he is done, so who are we to argue. Please continue to insert your $15 per month and have a nice day.

Soulwalker

it doesnt have to be an argument thread, but apparently people seem to be so incensed about the mage class they cant even discuss rationally.

@ the person who said "in raid gear": i just specifically said i was almost entirely in crafted gear:

hood, rings, robe, all the darkcloth gear. wpn is crafted.

so yeah, im in 3 pieces of raid gear, that hardly means "in full raid gear"

and the person who says "QQ you do good numbers when raid healing"

Whats wrong with this? there are raid healing clerics as well in our raid, better geared than I, and i out heal them with ease.

The argument im putting forth is this: maybe we should cry a little less about being slightly worse tank healers than clerics when we can out aoe heal them. we are still performing a vital raid function and are necessary and required members of any raid to be succesfull.

and the people who are bringing up t2's. i dont even know what to say. I could solo heal t2's in full crafted gear BEFORE t2's were nerfed.

Now i can heal them without even using synthesis.

in all seriousness, chloro healing is fine as it is, and I'm not trying to start any arguments or anything, but there has GOT to be someone out there other than me who sees this.
    Chloro's raid healing is great, there is no argument there. It's the other people, I would argue the majority, that don't raid that are struggling. You can't just tell everyone that it gets better when you start raiding if the majority of those people won't ever raid at all.

I never said you were in full raid gear, I only said raid gear, so I apologize if you read it as meaning full. The fact is, it is much more difficult for new level 50 Chloros to heal T1/2 experts without well geared teammates, prior knowledge of fights, or off heals. Working as intended? Only when the same can be said about clerics.
    Last edited by BoxerguyT89; 07-07-2011 at 11:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast