+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My new Dom/Chloro/AM PvP Build

Default My new Dom/Chloro/AM PvP Build

I love playing 51 Dom in Warfronts, but found that I got stomped a lot when I wasn't in a group. This was my attempt @ a solo-friendly build that also allowed me to do dailies and survive in oRvR. I've tried it out for a day so far and it seems pretty good:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...k.xdIu0A0zRo.h

Basically, all the good stuff in Dom besides Mass Betrayal and all the 'selfish' good stuff in Chloro. I find that Chloro makes me more survivable (though not sure how it would compare to Lock) as well as allows me to off-heal the group.

I find myself Top 3-5 in both damage and healing in most WFs which would seem pretty darn good. Still, looking for feedback. Usual rotations are:

- Squirrel, Shackle, VS, RS (and, if I need to be mobile, spamming Ruin/Neural Prod)
    - Transference/TI when going up against melee
    - (vs Healers) Incompetence/Transference/TI (I left out Lament because it's difficult to see if it is actually effective and heard it wasn't all it was cracked up to be)
    - Accelerated Decay is my "Detaunt"
    - SP sprinkled in when available

I have trouble against VKs (then again, what mage doesn't?) and still have trouble vs melee trains in general.

Any feedback is welcome.

PS Should also point out that I'm P6 with 800+ valor if that helps.
    Last edited by wfsaxton; 07-07-2011 at 09:03 AM.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Server: Seastone, Guild: Hot Shots

Drop Synthesys... what's the point of havng it if you dont get NT?

Get reflective presence, especially if you're going 3/3 in the Empowered Presence talent, trust me on this one. Get at least one point in Durable Control, so that random dots are not auto-breaking squirrels.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Ohh ohh Can you look at mine?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...o.xdhhVN0zRo.h
    Or

its similar, I removed SP simply because I keep forgetting to use it... and when I do Every body and there grandma focuses to kill me ASAP.. I like to look unimportant (Hide Helmet and Shoulders )

Is it worth getting the Control Op and Swift Control?
    Last edited by Dominion85; 07-07-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    Drop Synthesys... what's the point of havng it if you dont get NT?
    Where else you gonna put the point? I know I never use it, but there are only 2 other spots to put the point in and they are both kinda meh. Might as well have something that helps you in 2vX situations.

Get reflective presence, especially if you're going 3/3 in the Empowered Presence talent, trust me on this one. Get at least one point in Durable Control, so that random dots are not auto-breaking squirrels.
    I was thinking about putting at least 1 point in Durable Control.

Reflective presence kind of scares me cuz I don't "see" it do anything. I much rather Arrested Presence and watch casters run around like idiots, right? Or do you think it is uber-powerful?

Perhaps I can drop Chloro down to 28 and put some more pts into Dom and AM to cover for it....I do lose my only "oh ****" button though.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

SP is OP. You should definitely use it.

Also, 5/5 in ineptitude is kind of meh. The healing done is terrible, even with 20% increase, and 5% decrease in healing for 5 points seems to me kind of a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominion85 View Post
    Ohh ohh Can you look at mine?

Or

its similar, I removed SP simply because I keep forgetting to use it... and when I do Every body and there grandma focuses to kill me ASAP.. I like to look unimportant (Hide Helmet and Shoulders )

Is it worth getting the Control Op and Swift Control?
    I would definitely say so...I love Swift Control. After squirrelling you can get a Shackle, RS, and VS off (or RS, VS, VS) all quickened.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by wfsaxton View Post
    SP is OP. You should definitely use it.

Also, 5/5 in ineptitude is kind of meh. The healing done is terrible, even with 20% increase, and 5% decrease in healing for 5 points seems to me kind of a waste.

I would definitely say so...I love Swift Control. After squirrelling you can get a Shackle, RS, and VS off (or RS, VS, VS) all quickened.
    Yeah thats what I thought.... Mana Drain just doesn't cut it for me :/

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...k.xdIhVG0zRo.b

What do you mean you can't see reflective presence do anything?

Do this:

Travel to shimmer sand and solo one of the Malforge Pyromancer elites without reflective pressence, now try the same and use reflective presence. The mobs work the same as a turret mode pyro.

Hint: Reflective Presence can target any faction (so target of target does not work). You can cast it on you or the enemy. Casting on the enemy puts the reflection effect on your faction within 10m of the enemy. Casting it on you puts the reflect effect on your faction within 10m of you.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread