+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best 1v1 build ?

Default Best 1v1 build ?

Recent Port Scion matches really made me wish I'd play a ranged class. That wf is so ranged biased, it's just sick. There is just so much more you can do as ranged and even more so with aoes than going in rambo style and, even with heals, only managing to focus 1 opponent at a time.

1v1 is the most important thing to me. So, without going for a healer build, what is the mage soul/build that can deal with anything 1v1 wise ?

Some said necrolocks are what I want, others say chlorolocks.

High valor chlorolock takes a really long time to kill for any 1 calling, so long for some that the chlorolock's dot's and opportunity nukes begin to outpace the incoming DPS. Chlorolocks do have problems taking out 1v1 anything that has the ability to heal itself, fight ends up in a stalemate or draws out to 5 minutes.

I am rather enjoying my Dom Lock right now. 1v1 I feel pretty good against anything that's not a heavy Void Knight, other doms can be interesting sense you are both cleansing each others debuffs and reflecting things back.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Recent Port Scion matches really made me wish I'd play a ranged class. That wf is so ranged biased, it's just sick. There is just so much more you can do as ranged and even more so with aoes than going in rambo style and, even with heals, only managing to focus 1 opponent at a time.

1v1 is the most important thing to me. So, without going for a healer build, what is the mage soul/build that can deal with anything 1v1 wise ?

Some said necrolocks are what I want, others say chlorolocks.
    Those specs that are mentioning locks and chloros, are the boring and simple, but reliable PvP specs imo. They are usually heal yourself while you dot others, or stand still and dot others... I'm getting that you want something flashy, that can 1v2 people, blow stuff up, etc... SC/Dom is the spec I think you want.
    I run that almost all the time now.

(1) 39 SC / 22 Dom / 5 Ach... is the perfect solo build for PvP, I have 4 PvP builds, and this one gets used the most. When I make PvP vids, this is the flashy one that entertains ppl lol. It is a 1v1 domination machine. You max out as much as you can in SC, to get damage bonus for your water spells, and have 22 Dom for 2/2 microburst.

(2) 31 SC / 22 Dom / 14 Ach (with 2/3 Overload, because you are 31 points for Lightning Storm) is the ultimate warfront\AoE build, and you can go 30/22/15 if you want to drop lightning storm for 10% more crit damage in overload... I personal find lightning storm + 440 crit trinket a gamechanger in Codex/Blackgarden so I keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Menaace View Post
    Those specs that are mentioning locks and chloros, are the boring and simple, but reliable PvP specs imo. They are usually heal yourself while you dot others, or stand still and dot others... I'm getting that you want something flashy, that can 1v2 people, blow stuff up, etc... SC/Dom is the spec I think you want.
    I run that almost all the time now.

(1) 39 SC / 22 Dom / 5 Ach... is the perfect solo build for PvP, I have 4 PvP builds, and this one gets used the most. When I make PvP vids, this is the flashy one that entertains ppl lol. It is a 1v1 domination machine. You max out as much as you can in SC, to get damage bonus for your water spells, and have 22 Dom for 2/2 microburst.

(2) 31 SC / 22 Dom / 14 Ach (with 2/3 Overload, because you are 31 points for Lightning Storm) is the ultimate warfront\AoE build, and you can go 30/22/15 if you want to drop lightning storm for 10% more crit damage in overload... I personal find lightning storm + 440 crit trinket a gamechanger in Codex/Blackgarden so I keep it.
    Cool. Thanks for the tips. I'll go for the 1st one

Could you please link the 1st one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_u9Fs-GRXo

group pvpees
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biqdDRQ5ATY

chloro/dom

32/34 is the best 0 in archmage

chloro/dom is the best all around nothing counters it, it counters everything besides zergs, stormcaller is the shyt for that 45sc/21 archmage for any aoe happytriggerness

i run 44 lock/ 18 chloro/ 4 am

and the oonly class i really have a problem with is necro/locks spamming soul purge lol

but los fixed that

Quote Originally Posted by Genovah View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_u9Fs-GRXo

group pvpees
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biqdDRQ5ATY

chloro/dom

32/34 is the best 0 in archmage

chloro/dom is the best all around nothing counters it, it counters everything besides zergs, stormcaller is the shyt for that 45sc/21 archmage for any aoe happytriggerness
    I was 4 and 0 as a Domlock against a Chlorodom last night... everything has a counter.

I could shadow life + Neddra's Essence through his SP, he could not heal himself through my SP. My Voidbolts/Drain Bolts were also hitting him much harder and faster than his Vile Spores/Ruins were hitting me, and I could save charge for reflective presence by using choke in place of arresting presence.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Ascendant

try this one. spend the remaining points how you prefer. e.g. anti-crit

I use this build except 15 in am for overload. (20 points in chloro). I fear nothing in 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    try this one. spend the remaining points how you prefer. e.g. anti-crit

I use this build except 15 in am for overload. (20 points in chloro). I fear nothing in 1v1.
    How does a Dom template fail to have Arresting Presence?

You fear nothing because you are facing people that never need to be silenced/interrupted?

AP is one of the few things in this game that can counter SP (to a degree).
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

What I have found to be fun and exciting is dom/lock or dom/chloro. It isn't a healing build but it gets the job done. With the CC of Dom and the self healing of lock and chloro it makes for a fun time. With transference from dom will devastate any warrior/rogue that is trying to gank you. You need at least enough points in AM to deal with 2v1 for detaunt. Split Personality is when things get too hairy and you cant deal with it. With split personality you will be able to handle 3 people with some skill 4 if you want to show off. Just pray that the opposing side doesnt purge you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    How does a Dom template fail to have Arresting Presence?

You fear nothing because you are facing people that never need to be silenced/interrupted?

AP is one of the few things in this game that can counter SP (to a degree).
    I fear nothing 1v1 especially other casters. A silence is pointless when I can just squirrel them and eat their health & mana rapidly. A guaranteed reflect, a backup 60% reflect aura, natural conversion, and especially deny make other casters a joke to fight.

But to counter your argument:
    First, 4 unallocated points? Grab it if you want.
    Second, I don't use arresting presence pretty much ever in 1v1. I'd rather kill them (entropic veil).
    Third, I find spell reflect as my second charge dump in group situations is more effective than arresting presence. The healers I most want to target with arresting are simply too far in the back. If I'm dead I can't keep arresting on them, now can I?
    Last edited by ururu; 07-08-2011 at 07:45 AM.

A 0 cooldown AE silence, is something you should be picking up and using.

That and 3/3 empowered presence too, makes the reflect aura much better too.

A full charge AP pretty much shuts down the SP ghost for most of their duration, I'm finding it immensely useful against other Doms as well as AE packs.
    Last edited by Hethroin; 07-08-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    A 0 cooldown AE silence, is something you should be picking up and using.

That and 3/3 empowered presence too, makes the reflect aura much better too.

A full charge AP pretty much shuts down the SP ghost for most of their duration, I'm finding it immensely useful against other Doms as well as AE packs.
    If you want those, there's 4 points you can use to get them.

However, note the topic is 1v1 build. You cannot expect to start with charge in such a fight.

Regards
    Last edited by ururu; 07-08-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    If you want those, there's 4 points you can use to get them.

However, note the topic is 1v1 build. You cannot expect to start with charge in such a fight.

Regards
    I do the Scarwood Reach fight dailies all the time for the 60 charge pots.

+ Reply to Thread