+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Race Matter?

Telaran

Default Does Race Matter?

does starting race matter that much? I want to play a dwarf mage but i lose out on 5 INT does that matter that much? do you have to be the other race to succeed? will i always be subpar?

Shield of Telara

Race means diddly squat. Unless you're interested in racials
    Last edited by Sumuji; 07-06-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Angelic Flight lets you get on top of stuff.

Rift Chaser

play a dwarf. midgets rule. besides you can hide behind bushes, rocks and fallen logs.

actually race means nothing. play what you like and want. i have a dwarf mage myself and i laugh every time i see him running around with a staff twice as tall as him.

Plane Touched

Yeah races are purely cosmetic, maybe a racial being more useful.

Also Dwarfs rock! It's awesome to jump off everything and not take damage. They also look awesome.

<--- Dwarven Warrior, Cleric + Mage.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

Soulwalker

Your racial means you can drink a lot of booze in RL so you can drunk raid better than nondwarves. but yes, racials (for better or worse) aren't that useful in endgame. :<

Well, the only thing I would think a little about is the different resist bonuses the difference races get. kelari gets +20 fire resist atleast. This is only important for raiders tho

After playing one character with Angelic Flight, I rerolled all my lowbies to be elves so they could have it too. I find it invaluable, especially for getting to some hard-to-reach places. I still use it around Sanctum to shortcut walk times to/from the porticulum, since our port is indoors and mounts drop.

The other consideration for me is Dwarf. I have died quite a few times from falling damage, esp while going after cairns, puzzles, and shinies. They take the concept of inertia far too seriously in this game.

+ Reply to Thread