+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zoomancer

Default Zoomancer

So I was in expert Runic Desent yesterday and I was my little necrolock pulling like 250 on single target. Is that good? And about 700 on AOE. Again is that good?

Anyway back to the original question. I got told to try out a zoomancer. I have never heard of it before and am now wondering what the spec etc looks like. If someone could please post the spec here that'd be great

Are we talking level 50? 250 dps is fairly poor, if so.

Now, if you're talking around 30-ish, that's not bad.

Now, for the Zoomancer spec, I've seen a couple of variations. Basically, enough points in Necromancer for Lich Form (31), enough in Dominator for Split Personality and Splintered Mind (28). I've seen the other points (7) in Necro and heard of people putting 7 in to Warlock, instead.
    Last edited by Mourbid; 07-06-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourbid View Post
    Are we talking level 50? 250 dps is fairly poor, if so.

Now, if you're talking around 30-ish, that's not bad.

Now, for the Zoomancer spec, I've seen a couple of variations. Basically, enough points in Necromancer for Lich Form (31), enough in Dominator for Split Personality and Splintered Mind (28). I've seen the other points (7) in Necro and heard of people putting 7 in to Warlock, instead.
    I have poor reading comprehension at work. :/ I see that is level 50.

Check out the guides in the stickied thread at the top of the Mage Discussion board. Should find lots of useful stuff for specs, rotations and macros.

The Zoomancer spec is easy to use but it's pretty much just a single-target spec. Pyro/Ele is also simple and good single-target with somewhat better aoe. SC/Ele is great aoe and single-target but is much more complicated to pull off. There are a few Warlock/Necro builds floating around, as well, if that's what you like.

Find something that fits for you and get used to it. You'll do better.
    Last edited by Mourbid; 07-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmire299 View Post
    So I was in expert Runic Desent yesterday and I was my little necrolock pulling like 250 on single target. Is that good? And about 700 on AOE. Again is that good?

Anyway back to the original question. I got told to try out a zoomancer. I have never heard of it before and am now wondering what the spec etc looks like. If someone could please post the spec here that'd be great
    That is extremely low DPS for lvl 50, check out the sticky posts and browse these forums for specs and info. The zoomancer spec is great but I wouldn't recommend it starting out you should explore all specs first and pull those numbers up.

: / thats odd. People say I'm well geared for T2's and almost set for raids. : /
    Might have read the dps meter wrong though.
    Last edited by Kashmire299; 07-06-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    [SIZE="4"][B][I]Subscribe to MrRise87 and MrKashmire299 on Youtube - Kashmire299, for great Rift videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRise87
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKashmire299
    Follow Kashmire299 on Twitter

Shield of Telara

Zoomancer is fine even while waiting on cooldowns. But once again it's single target so pretty much reserved for boss fights. Even then it's situational depending on the boss/fight mechanics and pets surviving.

IMHO Stormcaller/Elem is probably the best all around spec with good AoE for trash and decent single target DPS for boss fights

Quote Originally Posted by Sumuji View Post
    Zoomancer is fine even while waiting on cooldowns. But once again it's single target so pretty much reserved for boss fights. Even then it's situational depending on the boss/fight mechanics and pets surviving.

IMHO Stormcaller/Elem is probably the best all around spec with good AoE for trash and decent single target DPS for boss fights
    I am currently pulling around 700-900 dps with pyro/lock/archon build in ST and around 1.2k-1.8k in medium sized mob pulls.
    Numbers vary according to situation and party build , but i like it due to being viable for a 800-900sp mage and works very well in 5man.
    I dont know how good it is on raids, but will test it sometime.

Edit: Just post it cause SC/Ele is boring and overrated imo, good change of pace with a more simple build such as pyro
    Last edited by Veramir; 07-06-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Soulwalker

what parser are you using?

i noticed that the riftjunkies parser parses zoomancer lower than it really does. i switched to ACT and it accurately parsed it.

For some reason zoomancer doesn't get its pets properly counted in most parsers. This gives you a lot lower cited dps when you copy/paste it into chat. But if you go through the parser and add the numbers up yourself you'll see a much higher number (I had it post 600 when just me + my normal zealot was far beyond that, think the total was closer to 1k once I added everything up)
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

+ Reply to Thread