+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVE DPS Spec, with no pet

Shadowlander

Default PVE DPS Spec, with no pet

So, I have been experiementing with roles to find one that doesnt require a pet but can offer good DPS. I am not super well geared I can pull around 600-800 DPS on boss fights depending on how much I have to move. I am just sick of dealing with a pet or relying on it doing what I want. For example while fighting Scarn last night my pet would not attack for the life of him! I had to tell him to attack atleast 5-6 times before he finally stuck on the boss.

So I figured I would come here to see if anyone has found a nice build that doesnt require Ele or Necro pets to boost DPS, any thoughts or suggestions? I was thinking of trying a Pyro/Lock combo but I am not home right now to give it a try. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Telaran

Here's a Warlock/Domi spec - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...k-28-Dominator

There is also a SC/Domi spec out there that uses the BS/AB rotation without LS, search around a bit the build should be somewhere around here.

here's a link to a sc/dom build. this build didn't use BS/AB and still did really nice numbers
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?217409-sc-dom

this is the build that i use now. it does about the same as necro/dom, but uses no full time pet, and has a crap load of aoe. BS/AB is still buggy though, so some like it, and some don't.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...sdo.MsiudkoMbz

i'm still trying to work out if tossing a couple into ele for lightning strike is worth it overall. 0 archon is pretty beast, but again, still working the numbers. what's nice about adding lightning strike is, if you have the genesis pylon, you proc quick thinking off of it. so you can use it prior to hailstorm or lightning strike if it's in your build. generally you want to use thunderblast prior to AB for quick thinking proc.

again though, this sc/dom is by far the best overall build that i've found so far. great ST-DPS, and great AoE, and no need to worry about a full time pet.
    Last edited by DaddyDaz; 07-06-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Telaran

Well, I use this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...o.q0eoRb0VzM.V

Macros I use are as follows:

Macro1:
    Macro is as follows:
    #show Countdown
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast countdown
    Cast Volcanic Bomb
    Cast Leeching Flames
    Cast Earthen Barrage
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball
    Cast Searing Vitality

And

Macro2:
    Macro is as follows:
    #show Countdown
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast countdown
    Cast Leeching Flames
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball
    Cast Searing Vitality

Make sure all your buffs are up as the entire spec is based on having ALL of your buffs up plus auras. Rock Slide, Pillaging Stone, Arcane Aegis, Vitality of Stone, burning intellect etc, pyromancers armor etc. I know it seems strange but if you look deep in the archon tree you will see that having aura's up increases your overall DPS.

Then, just throw down a ground of power use Ashen Defense (helps with melle DPS) and Crumbling Resistance. Spam Macro 1

Then all you have to do is spam macro 1 untill full charge, use internalize charge, trinket, Heat wave and spam macro 2.

Once heat wave is over just go back to macro one + internalize charge.

With Cleansing Flames, a pretty good shield, GREAT buffs, and the spell power/crit bonus you get from earthen barrage and Volcanic bomb you actually get a pretty good support role as well.

With 900SP/540 Crit I have done 956 DPS on a test dummy with averages around 870-895.

The problem comes in raid with an archon however. Not sure if his auras will have same additive effects, or if you would have to overwrite his to get the same effect. Also more then likely will not gain anything from the Earthen Barrage/Volcanic bomb bonuses as he will have them up himself.

Shadowlander

Great! Thanks for the feedback, I will try them out tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Amnita View Post
    Well, I use this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...o.q0eoRb0VzM.V

Macro1:
    Macro is as follows:
    #show Countdown
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast countdown
    Cast Volcanic Bomb
    Cast Leeching Flames
    Cast Earthen Barrage
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball
    Cast Searing Vitality

And

Macro2:
    Macro is as follows:
    #show Countdown
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast countdown
    Cast Leeching Flames
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball
    Cast Searing Vitality

Make sure all your buffs are up as the entire spec is based on having ALL of your buffs up plus auras. Rock Slide, Pillaging Stone, Arcane Aegis, Vitality of Stone, burning intellect etc, pyromancers armor etc. I know it seems strange but if you look deep in the archon tree you will see that having aura's up increases your overall DPS.

Then, just throw down a ground of power use Ashen Defense (helps with melle DPS) and Crumbling Resistance. Spam Macro 1

Then all you have to do is spam macro 1 untill full charge, use internalize charge, trinket, Heat wave and spam macro 2.

Once heat wave is over just go back to macro one + internalize charge.

With Cleansing Flames, a pretty good shield, GREAT buffs, and the spell power/crit bonus you get from earthen barrage and Volcanic bomb you actually get a pretty good support role as well.

With 900SP/540 Crit I have done 956 DPS on a test dummy with averages around 870-895.

The problem comes in raid with an archon however. Not sure if his auras will have same additive effects, or if you would have to overwrite his to get the same effect. Also more then likely will not gain anything from the Earthen Barrage/Volcanic bomb bonuses as he will have them up himself.
    His aura's will overwrite yours and you won't get the cast speed/spell power bonuses. If you recast yours to overwrite his, your just hurting his dps and taking away his bonuses.

You will benefit yourself and the rest of your raid with more uptime on earthen barrage/volcanic bomb because one archon cant maintain 100% uptime on those... but its not worth all the negatives.

Telaran

Yes, but good for T2's

Rift Disciple

Yes, but good for T2's
    How can you justify 5% crit over waning power, flaring power, mental flare, and an offensive dispel?

Macro1:
    Macro is as follows:
    #show Countdown
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast countdown
    Cast Volcanic Bomb
    Cast Leeching Flames
    Cast Earthen Barrage
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball
    Cast Searing Vitality

And

Macro2:
    Macro is as follows:
    #show Countdown
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast countdown
    Cast Leeching Flames
    cast flame bolt
    cast fireball
    Cast Searing Vitality
    Wouldn't those macros stop at Fireball? It won't go on to cast Searing unless you were moving, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharde View Post
    Wouldn't those macros stop at Fireball? It won't go on to cast Searing unless you were moving, right?
    Correct, which is the point I think.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

+ Reply to Thread