+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage tank

Telaran

Default Mage tank

Basicaly i got fed up of warriors matching my DPS. So i thought im gonna make a mage tank thats not using Elemental my result

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...o.Vdc0VA0zRR.o

8.5k health i could stack END but i didnt this is for pure fun and has yet to be of any use except in warfront where it takes a while to kill me lasted 3 split personalitys against a dominator in a duel but it lacks any DPS
    link below to my bars and look closly theres my 8.5k health

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...706222917.jpg/

Rift Chaser

It's not a tanking build, but it would be hard to get rid of.

Tanks not only need to mitigate damage, but hold aggro. You cannot, thus you are not a tank. Looks fun to try though.

Telaran

ok it's my ATTEMPT at a tank of course it can't hold aggro but it is soo fun to do. Made me love to be a mage we have so much choice when it comes to spells

Kinda the same as im using for pvp, just 1 more point in chloro for corrosion/living energy, and 5 in AM just so I can push out more dmg/aoe healing.
    Ofcourse I miss out on Neddra's Essence and Choke...but yeah, still playing around with what fits me the best in wf. (nvr wanted to enter wf before due to pyro, disliked it sooo much)
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

Soulwalker

Default lol

way too many pts to cloro imho, try a 32 lock with 3 to your DOT buff, your neddras and shadow life buff, along with improved warlock armor and spellpower buff, 16 necro for a flat nasty soul purge and mana regen debuffer, and 18 to cloro for a few insta heals and spells that can be thrown around on your oppertunity procs for extra life the only thing you lack is a stun break which often neddras or shadow or in rare cases both can be used to overcome it, roots and slows and damage over time psn ect can be overcome with your cloro skills not to mention u can absorb elemental hard hitters for 200% dmg with natural conversion, soul purge is one of the best dmg skills in the game imo, my personal favorite class is a 45 warlock 16 necromanacer 5 archmage it rapes face, only a well tuned dominator can really handle it.

Shadowlander

This is actually similar to the build I use, while it does lack dps - it's certainly durable.
    The depth in Chloro is primarily for Essence surge, which can just rip apart someones morale as they realize that instead of almost winning the fight they have to kill me all over again.

You should switch out Archmage and sub in Archon for Searing Vit and pillaging stone though.
    For @#!*s and giggles you can also fill out your soul tree while spamming a life spell on the test dummy to really get your hp's high. For branch abilities like Raised in Nature, and Vitality that buff your stats by a percentage, you can stack buffs for those specific stats before saving your soul tree.

So spec into Natural Awareness and Neddra's strength - save your build, then apply pillaging stone, searing vit, bard buff, cheap int potion etc. Spam life spells on test dummy for natural awareness - then spec into raised in nature and vitality while finishing out your tree.

The buffs are recalculated if you switch specs or zone into a dungeon though but it's fun if you plan on dueling in meridian.

Is your 8.5k with Shadow life or without?
    Last edited by Disda; 07-07-2011 at 07:24 AM.

If we are talking about a PVP "tanking" build there is no replacing Shadow Life and Neddra's Essence.

I really like Corrosion, Wild Growth and Nature's Fury, but my favorite "I'm not dead yet" move has to be Essence Surge with Shadow Life up.

I run 0 archon to mitigate the buff shearing in PVP.

This is what I run in PVP when I don't have a healer or am solo.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread