+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Chloro = better positioning?

Telaran

Default Melee Chloro = better positioning?

I have been wondering if it is actually more beneficial for chloros to be on melee range? A lot of times before my spell hit the boss, most of the raid are alrd 95% healed. There are also times hen my wild growth dont reach everyone however there are times i got blamed for being too close to boss when i can be in max range distance, such as in uruuluk when explosive xtal is not reflected n end up killin more ppl or in gsb on first boss. I just want to know if the shorter distance i am to the boss, the faster it heals the raid? So the next time i can explain tothem that i need to be in melee range? Thx.

Plane Walker

This is what I do. i stay in melee range unless there is a fight mechanic reason not to. Like on most boss fights I don't stand in melee range. But for trash pulls I'm up on the edge of the tank box and keeping Corrosion up. Seems to work quite well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kirra12 View Post
    I have been wondering if it is actually more beneficial for chloros to be on melee range? A lot of times before my spell hit the boss, most of the raid are alrd 95% healed. There are also times hen my wild growth dont reach everyone however there are times i got blamed for being too close to boss when i can be in max range distance, such as in uruuluk when explosive xtal is not reflected n end up killin more ppl or in gsb on first boss. I just want to know if the shorter distance i am to the boss, the faster it heals the raid? So the next time i can explain tothem that i need to be in melee range? Thx.

Shadowlander

To clarify, 'max range' in this context is 20 metres, right? (Synth functionality )

Telaran

My max usually around 20-25m because i have to have flourish and other instant cast works, but i am a raid healer so max range shud be at 35m for livegiving to work?

And I just got scolded again for being in melee and died of one of the melee one-shot attack that I suppose to avoid but idk bout it..

I guess all I can do for now is just being in 10m away from boss?
    Thx everyone.

Shield of Telara

You don't need to stand close to lower your projectile time since if you're paying attention to what is going on the the fight you know when the AEs etc are going to hit and can time your spells accordingly.

But yes standing in an appropriate location to make sure eveyrone is in range of your veil/WG etc is pretty basic stuff that sadly some chloros(and healers in general) fail at.

Well for pulls with multiple mobs can provide extra DPS via Corrosion, but if you stand to close your Natural Corrosion DoT from Vile Spores won't do the dot-tick before the second VS hits. This will just contentiously refresh the DoT rather than actually doing the damage. However this only really applies to AoE healing as VS on LBV heals for trash. But it is worth noting. Otherwise I try to stay close, but not in melee. Even Corrision has a pretty decent size on it, so you dont need to be pointblank or anything.

However as Sakkath says travel times shouldn't be a problem. If any fight relied purely on you needing that .1~.3 seconds to get that hit in...you were doing something wrong from the start (or the tank was).
    Last edited by wallweasels; 07-06-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Shield of Telara

Your distance from the mob shouldn't have any affect on when you overwrite your nature's corrosion dots unless there is some wierd bug involved.

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    Your distance from the mob shouldn't have any affect on when you overwrite your nature's corrosion dots unless there is some wierd bug involved.
    It takes 2 seconds to actually tick the dot. So any situation were you cast faster (burning purpose) your dot won't tick. Sorry I forgot to say with BP active is only when this happens. Oops :x
    Last edited by wallweasels; 07-06-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Plane Walker

Raid tank shouldn't rely on that 0.1-0.3 fly time. One of the few reasons I get closer would be for corrosion (which is a nice dot for trinket/essence proccing), fluorish, and wild growth. Almost never ST heal now a days, no point when clerics can do it better and we r better at raid heal.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    If you stand in one place and spam VS, since the travel time of the bolts is the same, there will be 2sec delay between the impacts of the bolts. However, if the mob gets closer to you between two casts then the second one will have a shorter travel time and will hit the mob sooner then 2sec. So it could happen.

On the topic of Corrosion: I don't remember how it worked pre 1.3 but now it procs an LGV/LBV heal on each hit of each tick. So it's quite a good additional healing when there are lots of mobs.

+ Reply to Thread