+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fireball bugged?

Rift Disciple

Default Fireball bugged?

did i miss something entirely or does Ignition not lower the cast time on fireball anymore?

my fireballs still last 2 seconds...

anyone else having this prob?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Necrax View Post
    did i miss something entirely or does Ignition not lower the cast time on fireball anymore?

my fireballs still last 2 seconds...

anyone else having this prob?
    A common misconception.

Rank 1 Fireball is a 2.0 second cast.

It slowly goes up each rank, with Rank 5 or 6 making it a 2.5 second cast. The tooltip in the Soul Tree doesn't reflect this very well.

So Ignition is decreasing Fireball from 2.5 seconds to 2.0 seconds. This is why its not a 1.6 second cast time. Sorry to disappoint =(

Rift Disciple

no worries, thanks.

if this is true, did it change recently because i dont remember it being a 2.0 second cast even on level 10 with ignition.
    also, the tooltip on the ingame talent tree says 1.6 seconds while the tooltip on the hotbar says 2.0 seconds.

it is confusing indeed

thanks anyways.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Necrax View Post
    no worries, thanks.

if this is true, did it change recently because i dont remember it being a 2.0 second cast even on level 10 with ignition.
    also, the tooltip on the ingame talent tree says 1.6 seconds while the tooltip on the hotbar says 2.0 seconds.

it is confusing indeed

thanks anyways.
    Ahhh to clarify by Rank I mean Rank of the spell. You reach rank 5 or 6 Fireball around level 20 to 25 or so, not level 10. I believe it has always been this way yes. And you are correct the tooltip in the talent tree is wrong and should be fixed. =)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Goodtank View Post
    Ahhh to clarify by Rank I mean Rank of the spell. You reach rank 5 or 6 Fireball around level 20 to 25 or so, not level 10. I believe it has always been this way yes. And you are correct the tooltip in the talent tree is wrong and should be fixed. =)
    i know. i meant rank 10 fireball...kk i'll check it out.

+ Reply to Thread