+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro question from a newb

Question Chloro question from a newb

I don't understand the difference between Livegiving Veil and Lifebound Veil. Both cause me to heal up to 5 targets within 35 yards for a percentage of damage I deal, but Lifebound Veil just seems to heal for a whole lot less (30% talented, I'm guessing 60% on the Synthesis target) whereas Livegiving does 100% of the damage I deal. Both reduce healing from spells that target multiple enemies by 80%. L.Giving does 110% of the damage dealt by DoT effects as healing, but L.Bound does a paltry 40%. Looking further down the tree, it seems that with more soul points dumped into it the L.Bound heals get more buffs from having Synthesis up but still seems like a weaker version of L.Giving. (Numbers used are based on Life damage.)

Is L.Giving there to provide awesome heals at low level, with L.Bound shining at endgame? Is L.Bound just plain worthless? I don't understand why both Veils were given to me so early in the game when Giving is far and away superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post
    I don't understand the difference between Livegiving Veil and Lifebound Veil. Both cause me to heal up to 5 targets within 35 yards for a percentage of damage I deal, but Lifebound Veil just seems to heal for a whole lot less (30% talented, I'm guessing 60% on the Synthesis target) whereas Livegiving does 100% of the damage I deal. Both reduce healing from spells that target multiple enemies by 80%. L.Giving does 110% of the damage dealt by DoT effects as healing, but L.Bound does a paltry 40%. Looking further down the tree, it seems that with more soul points dumped into it the L.Bound heals get more buffs from having Synthesis up but still seems like a weaker version of L.Giving. (Numbers used are based on Life damage.)

Is L.Giving there to provide awesome heals at low level, with L.Bound shining at endgame? Is L.Bound just plain worthless? I don't understand why both Veils were given to me so early in the game when Giving is far and away superior.
    LGV for group healing, LBV for healing mainly your Synthesis target. Casting Synthesis automatically applies LBV and can therefore not be used with LGV active.

It's that simple (and it's all standing right in front of you in those tooltips :P)

Soulwalker

Have a look through this thread mate, perhaps it will then make more sense

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...und-Veil/page2

+ Reply to Thread