+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats the true glass cannon soul setup?

Soulwalker

Default Whats the true glass cannon soul setup?

Basically guys i was wondering what the true Glass cannon mage setup was, ie super high damage but next to no defence. at the moment im spect'd into Necro/Lock and found it pretty fun but i was hoping to start up another role which is more true to the glass cannon style, any ideas on a good build for it?
    thanks guys

Soulwalker

I think in another thread people were saying it was sc/dom but I'm not 100% sure.

Prophet of Telara

With the nerfs to pyro, none really exist.

Soulwalker

yea i looked at the Pyro soul tree and thought it would be the best bet but i did hear it nerfed like crazy, what were the nerfs exactly?

@dreadfull i thought dominators where all about controling the fight and not so much killing people though?

Plane Touched

None at this stage.. Only warrior and rogue have this cannon blasts..

True, but there are wery little glassy about them :P

None. We're glass squirt guns.

pew pew pew pew
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by dreadfull View Post
    I think in another thread people were saying it was sc/dom but I'm not 100% sure.
    Doms aren't squishy...anything with that much crowd control and debuffs isn't squishy.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xrik View Post
    Doms aren't squishy...anything with that much crowd control and debuffs isn't squishy.
    As I said I wasn't sure on the "glass cannon" part. I was just replying with what I have read in other peoples post. I've only messed with chloro/dom/am , but I do still think there squishy.

Soulwalker

GAH thanks for the answers guys but to be honest that annoys me, as far as i had ever known any MMO that i had ever played whether it be nine dragons, Runescape (back in the day), or even for the 10 levels of WoW i played (pre rift) the mage's was supposed to be the guys standing up the back of the Raid or party SMASHING away with crazy awesome spells that do insane damage, but the second the front line breaks or the group gets flanked the mages either run away or accept whats going to happen. Personally that's fun, the constant threat of getting destroyed in half a second is what makes playing a mage great.
    but i guess ill have to wait for the next patch for any hope of it

HOWEVER if anyone still has a setup that's like this than it would be much appreciated

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by nicklarter View Post
    GAH thanks for the answers guys but to be honest that annoys me, as far as i had ever known any MMO that i had ever played whether it be nine dragons, Runescape (back in the day), or even for the 10 levels of WoW i played (pre rift) the mage's was supposed to be the guys standing up the back of the Raid or party SMASHING away with crazy awesome spells that do insane damage, but the second the front line breaks or the group gets flanked the mages either run away or accept whats going to happen. Personally that's fun, the constant threat of getting destroyed in half a second is what makes playing a mage great.
    but i guess ill have to wait for the next patch for any hope of it

HOWEVER if anyone still has a setup that's like this than it would be much appreciated
    Why even try new games if all u want is the same old thing......Rift is trying to mix it up sum.... good or bad i give them props

Rift Disciple

Mages are just glass now. The cannon aspect was removed with the patch.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    pew pew pew pew
    lololcoster

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by nicklarter View Post
    ..the constant threat of getting destroyed in half a second is what makes playing a mage great.
    that part is still there, just not the rest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast