+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chloromanc: Lifegiving vs Lifebound veil

Soulwalker

Default chloromanc: Lifegiving vs Lifebound veil

Can someone explain to me the difference between these two spells. They seem to be exactly the same except Life-giving is more powerful. However synthesis states it works w/ lifebound veil, so does that mean it only works w/ Lifebound or does it work w/ lifegiving as well and lifebound can be removed from my bars.
    ty in advance for you help.

Lifebound (LBV) is to heal the tank since it procs Synthesis's bonus. Lifegiving (LGV) is for support/AoE healing. If you have LGV up and a Synthesis'd target, they won't gain an extra bonus from your damage conversions; that'll only happen with LBV. When you Synth someone, you automatically get LBV applied to you to support this idea.
    Last edited by Furienify; 07-05-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

LifeGIVING gives 110%(talented) of dmg to healing the entire group. LifeBOUND only does 31%(talented) healing to the group, but 100% extra healing goes to the person who has synthesis (ie your tank).

In short, lifebound is for tank healing, lifegiving is for ae / group healing. Synthesis only works with lifebound (tank) healing.

I'm a little tipsy, so I hope I didn't get all that backwards =\

As per the comment above; yes it's less confusing to only put lifegiving and synthesis on your bars. Synthesis automatically puts lifebound on you, and doesn't work with *giving. So it's a bit easier to remember that way until you get used to it.
    Last edited by Martell; 07-05-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Soulwalker

cool ty guys, that was killing me

+ Reply to Thread