+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Potential bugs/oversights with Necro, other things/annoyances

Soulwalker

Default Potential bugs/oversights with Necro, other things/annoyances

Hello,

I wanted to post what I believe are a few bugs/oversights that haven't had any attention at all since release.

1. Exhume bug. I have noticed that this root ability appears to go on cooldown when you die in a 5-man or raid dungeon; doesn't seem to happen in WFs. I have noticed that whenever I am resurrected, Exhume is on cooldown (even though it wasn't when I died) and will have a random amount of time left before it can be used again.

2. Does Trion know how to sort lists? How about sorting the lists of spells in your spellbook? How about allowing users to sort the list of Shards on the character login screen? Nothing appears to be sorted. This is an oversight and also one that's been around since the beginning.

3. It would be awesome if Trion would allow it's inflexible UI to actually show a cooldown timer in SECONDS rather than a vague clock mechanism. This would be something similar to the Omni CC WoW mod, for reference. If a countdown clock on cooldowns is too much, at least put it in the tooltip so you know how many seconds are left before the ability is ready again. This falls under the oversight category.

4. Loading screen changes. I have noticed that the loading screen that is displayed when you enter or leave a dungeon is wrong. For example, if I enter DSM, I will get the Meridian loading screen. When I leave DSM, I will get the DSM screen (this is appropriate). When I get into another dungeon, say AP, I will see the DSM loading screen again. Strange behavior.

I admit that all of these, save #1, are relatively minor annoyances. However, #1 should be looked at for the next patch cycle. All of these issues seem like they would be easily fixed.

Anyone else experiencing similar troubles?

Plane Walker

Default not really a bug, its intentional

in WF's I tried soul switching

do a 51 dom..cast my shackles,trait, and 2 min CD on Betray.....then run away and switch souls to dps

but the switch causes some timers to start before I can use them......Exhume is one of those.

I think the mechanic is designed to prevent.....feign death, switch soul, blow massive CD's of temp soul build.....switch back to Necro

think about popping heatwave then switching souls after you blow up someone.

This is where you are having the Exhume issue.

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post

do a 51 dom..cast my shackles,trait, and 2 min CD on Betray.....then run away and switch souls to dps

but the switch causes some timers to start before I can use them......Exhume is one of those.

I think the mechanic is designed to prevent.....feign death, switch soul, blow massive CD's of temp soul build.....switch back to Necro

You can't swap souls in combat to my knowledge so you'd have to find a way to drop combat to make that work (and Feign Death only works to get out of a necro-based build, it won't let you get back to necro afterwards).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post

I am talking about when you actually die in a 5-man or raid -- not feigning. No, the mob WTFBBQ hit your face for 10k damage and you're lying in a pool of your own virtual blood... and Exhume was not on C/D before you died. ;-)

If someone SWs and rezzes you, I have seen time after time Exhume go on C/D with what appears to be a random time remaining on it. I understand it is a 1 min C/D, but I love to use it to bring my pet back up quickly to get buffs rather than waiting 8 seconds to cast it.

+ Reply to Thread