+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mage no longer required?

Telaran

Default Mage no longer required?

Are mages surplus to requirements in raids due to low DPS?, Belonging to a large guild that raid 3-4 times a week, a pattern started to from recently(just after 1.3 patch), that mages were being replaced by other classes, e.g. last few raids in ROS out of 20 slots only 3 were given to mages. Can`t blame the guild for this for we all know that mage`s are now a poor second to other classes, don`t think Trion have any idea what they have done to the mage class.
    ok, we might have a few niche builds but when it comes down to the overall picture we really got royally s*****d by trion.

that is exactly right, its not fair to mages that because trion decided to **** on mages dps, that we are being replaced by anything

the only spots a mage should be filling (providing you have the numbers to do without) is 1 archon and (Optionally) 1 chloro

im giving this game till 1.4 to iron out the mage nerfs, if they don't i see no reason to play

i play a mage to play a mage not to play a gipped calling

If your guild has any other class that can fill the spot, it'd be stupid to bring a Mage for dps. You want an Archon, and one -- maybe two -- Chloromancers for aoe heals, since Archons up the raid dps more than having a single extra dps-er and Chloros are the best at raid-wide healing even though we can't tank heal worth crap. Mages dps is just too pathetic to be worth bringing as anything other than filler.

Mage aoe is still relatively good, but not better than rogue aoe.

Single target wise, we are rock bottom. (Even melee clerics are better.)

In strictly min/max terms, you really don't want mage dps right now. The class strength lies in buffs and raid heals.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Please stop crying. It does not help anyone.
    You do realize that if no one complained, nothing would ever get changed?

Sez, these simple statement of facts are not "crying." Mage dps on the whole is the worst in the game right now.

It does nobody any good to pretend otherwise or to try to shut down conversation by dismissing this as "crying."

If you want to play a mage, it's important to do so with your eyes open and understand the present state of the class. This may change and probably will change, but there it is for the moment.

Plane Walker

Sez plays the forum, and w(h)in(e)s more often than not.

aux

Hey guys, +1 postcount.
    I'm so BORED

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tokaguwa View Post
    Are mages surplus to requirements in raids due to low DPS?, Belonging to a large guild that raid 3-4 times a week, a pattern started to from recently(just after 1.3 patch), that mages were being replaced by other classes, e.g. last few raids in ROS out of 20 slots only 3 were given to mages. Can`t blame the guild for this for we all know that mage`s are now a poor second to other classes, don`t think Trion have any idea what they have done to the mage class.
    ok, we might have a few niche builds but when it comes down to the overall picture we really got royally s*****d by trion.
    See this Link:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...edom-of-choice

Quote Originally Posted by Lloigor View Post
    Dear Community,

for some time already I have been affected by this topic.

Playing a Mage means, as far as my experiences are concerned, you are only approved to T3 as full Chloro or full Archont.

I am well aware that these specific souls are very impartant for the raid. However, I prefer much more playing the classic version of a Magician, namely as a (pure) DD.
    But as Mage-DD you are not allowed to join T3-raids. The statement of my guild-members and other people is here as follow:

„Only 2 Mages will be taken to the Raid; one full Chloro and one full Archont. There is no place for a Mage when DD, as the other classes can do much better and higher DPS. „

Lots of other guilds have the same opinion.
    I can say this, because very often we are jumping from one guild-TS to another. And of course we are talking about different topics all the time. One main topic ist the replacement of the Mage with his low dps.

And so my giuld-members try to persuade me playing one of these „specific“ souls; Archont or Chloro. Both of these souls, however, I do not like to play.

Only when people are missing a Mage may help out as DD. And even then, only when playing the SC/Ele-combination. But also the SC/Ele-DMG is, by using that extremely long and complex rotation, compared to other classes just too low.

To call a Spade a Spade:
    Mage is broken.
    We have two souls for support.
    We have no dmg-soul that could compete with dmg-souls of other classes.
    We have very long and difficult rotations (for example SC/Ele) getting screwed up with any movement.
    We have the worst survivability.

Meanwhile, I have seen some players given up playing their Mage (for reasons mentioned above) to finally play a different class wich is accepted as DD and brings much better survival-skills and support as a Mage ever could do.

Other players already quit playing Rift for exactly these reasons I have already outlined:

„As for me, playing a Mage, the game is done right after T2, just because of the less DPS compared with other classes, there is someting going wrong in this game“.

For these reasons I wish to have a better ballance between the different Mage-Souls, for example more and better Synergie-Skills that were already requested by many other players (even proposed during the Beta), so that really several and different meaningful soul-combinations are possible; but also a much better ballance between the Mage and the other clathes.

Dear community, I would be interested in your opinion and experiences on this topic.

Rift Disciple

So says the highest DPS class. You know where The rogue forums are - go there.

If every ossicle dps your guild brings does more than your Mage then sure, however that generally isn't the case, even in progressive guilds. If you have access to unlimited numbers of players then maybe I'd see it happening but that's not really possible.

Telaran

We are a guild trying to down plutonis for the first time. Our mages are hitting numbers 500 dps less than our top warriors and rogues. These mages are getting put on the sideline any way possible as we need to hit a certain dps number to beat this guy. I believe there is a large gap between people who work hard to get maximum dps and the semi casual mage compared to warriors and rogues. I am seeing 1,400 vs 900 dps rogue/warrior vs mage. Trion needs to look into this.

Trion really shyt the bed with 1.3

Rift Chaser

Once again, I'll say it. I play a warrior DPS, and I support this thread. Mages may make me cry in PvP, but we're talking about PvE and they really need a fix in that area.

They don't need to do the best single target dps since their AoE is off the charts and the lack of PBAoE threat, but it needs to be competitive to rogues and warriors.

Plus, mages' rotations are a lot more complicated.

Trion, please fix. K thx.
    Last edited by Shockakhan; 07-07-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilman View Post
    We are a guild trying to down plutonis for the first time. Our mages are hitting numbers 500 dps less than our top warriors and rogues. These mages are getting put on the sideline any way possible as we need to hit a certain dps number to beat this guy. I believe there is a large gap between people who work hard to get maximum dps and the semi casual mage compared to warriors and rogues. I am seeing 1,400 vs 900 dps rogue/warrior vs mage. Trion needs to look into this.
    Have you guys even cleared GSB yet? My t2 Mage, raid rift boots/gloves are the only "raid gear" I have, puts out more dps than your mages do, and that's after 1.3 hit. I don't see how your mages are doing less than I do unless they haven't even geared up in T2 gear yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast