+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro/Ele for pve

Rift Chaser

Default Pyro/Ele for pve

with the changes to pryo in 1.3 has anyone relooked at this spec. i am trying it out now just wanted to see what others thought about it now.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...zxo.Vthz0xoAzz

Rift Disciple

Probably gonna lose points for saying this but IMO pyro is not a very viable PvE build. Sure you have the 10% damage reduction from ele, but you're really gimping yourself on hit points/self healing. It's not a big deal for open-world and T1/T2 instances, but once you start raiding you need more survivability and mobility than pyro provides - there are times when you'll take a lot of damage as part of the mechanic of the fight (i.e. eye gaze in first boss of GP) - if you have 3500HP in that fight, you will die.... not to mention there are higher DPS builds than pyro for both single target and AOE.
    Tankalron :: Fires of Heaven :: Deepwood (US) Defiant

Rift Chaser

I am testing and asking as this spec was one of the highest single target dps builds out there and with 1.3 it got a buff so i am just looking at it again. i would like to know what ppl are getting that have better gear than me as i only have t2 gear. as to survivability and mobility i think it is about the same as SC/Ele and if your hp is 3500 it is not you spec it is your gear that is lacking again i am iin only t2s and have way more than 3500.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankalron View Post
    Probably gonna lose points for saying this but IMO pyro is not a very viable PvE build. Sure you have the 10% damage reduction from ele, but you're really gimping yourself on hit points/self healing. It's not a big deal for open-world and T1/T2 instances, but once you start raiding you need more survivability and mobility than pyro provides - there are times when you'll take a lot of damage as part of the mechanic of the fight (i.e. eye gaze in first boss of GP) - if you have 3500HP in that fight, you will die.... not to mention there are higher DPS builds than pyro for both single target and AOE.
    Actually , You are quite wrong.

Raid buffed as pyro / ele I have 5600-5800+ Hps. I don't see where you get the 3500 hps number.

Mobility? Hotkey Burning Shield + Ground Of Power - Problem solved.

Pyro/Ele also scales very well with gear and raid buffs and offers a ton of burst. Something Necro/Loc doesn't do so well. Also , It offers viable AoE ability - something zoomancer fails horribly at.

It's currently an all around solid raiding spec if played properly.
    Last edited by Azreell; 07-05-2011 at 08:12 AM.
    "That's all we expect of man, this side the grave: his good is - knowing he is bad."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Azreell View Post
    Mobility? Hotkey Burning Shield + Ground Of Power - Problem solved.
    Burning shield is actually worthless if you don't use the absorb from it. The cast time of GoP is less than or equal to the GCD anyway, so casted or instant is irrelevant.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

Prophet of Telara

Unless you're in a guild full of people parsing over 1800 on plutonus, if you're a good player then your DPS should be competitive.

Lackluster on greenscale though.

+ Reply to Thread