+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: What build would have helped take out this War in PvP?

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    491

    Default What build would have helped take out this War in PvP?

    so there was this War that had 129 KBs in PoS/deaths 8

    as a dom 51/AM 15, I tried to drain energy, shackles, inept..the whole gammit.....didn't change the fact that it was still hitting me for 1200, with dots and immune to everything.

    It had two sidekicks with it where ever it went....but ALL OF US(8-10 at a time) couldn't take the sidekicks out before this War obliterated the 8-10 trying to take them out.(sidekicks Immune to everything as well)

    IMMUNE....whenever(51 dom), it did't matter, I always tried something when I rez'd(32 times)..never anything worked.. it would just jump from one to another 3 hits dead.

    I know you aren't supposed to hit the tank, but this thing had no shield(polearm)...we couldn't take it out, and the healers(i hope it was two of them, because otherwise Damn) couldn't be killed either with a group of 8-10...constant respawn same guys as we were all die'ing( they were camping by the spawn)

    what, as a mage, should I have done...I don't know much about Warrior skills....but core dmg w/o energy skill hits for 1200 with 100's dots to follow?( after like death 16, energy pool had run out...stilll hitting me for 1200)

    I know yall probably need more info...honestly didn't live long enough to see much besides the 7-8 lines of buffs.

    Here's a question Warriors are in Red in PvP...but the enegy pool this player was pulling from was in the 1,000's.....I thought they only got 100 energy like rogues.

    I thought Cleric then, but no I checked game log and its name was in Red. One side kick was a cleric dressed as a mage(had mage mask on, but throwing up healing communion).....I dropped everything I could in 8 secs....got half way down on mana, and that was the best i could do before dying again.(traitorous/mass-betray/priest/inept/ and all CC's immune)

    So what am I supposed to do? Run away?

    8 deaths i didn't see, but I imagine it happened when 20 people ended up on the 3.
    Last edited by quicklikesloth; 07-04-2011 at 10:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post
    so there was this War that had 129 KBs in PoS/deaths 8

    as a dom 51/AM 15, I tried to drain energy, shackles, inept..the whole gammit.....didn't change the fact that it was still hitting me for 1200, with dots and immune to everything.

    It had two sidekicks with it where ever it went....but ALL OF US(8-10 at a time) couldn't take the sidekicks out before this War obliterated the 8-10 trying to take them out.(sidekicks Immune to everything as well)

    IMMUNE....whenever(51 dom), it did't matter, I always tried something when I rez'd(32 times)..never anything worked.. it would just jump from one to another 3 hits dead.

    I know you aren't supposed to hit the tank, but this thing had no shield(polearm)...we couldn't take it out, and the healers(i hope it was two of them, because otherwise Damn) couldn't be killed either with a group of 8-10...constant respawn same guys as we were all die'ing( they were camping by the spawn)

    what, as a mage, should I have done...I don't know much about Warrior skills....but core dmg w/o energy skill hits for 1200 with 100's dots to follow?( after like death 16, energy pool had run out...stilll hitting me for 1200)

    I know yall probably need more info...honestly didn't live long enough to see much besides the 7-8 lines of buffs.

    Here's a question Warriors are in Red in PvP...but the enegy pool this player was pulling from was in the 1,000's.....I thought they only got 100 energy like rogues.

    I thought Cleric then, but no I checked game log and its name was in Red. One side kick was a cleric dressed as a mage(had mage mask on, but throwing up healing communion).....I dropped everything I could in 8 secs....got half way down on mana, and that was the best i could do before dying again.(traitorous/mass-betray/priest/inept/ and all CC's immune)

    So what am I supposed to do? Run away?

    8 deaths i didn't see, but I imagine it happened when 20 people ended up on the 3.
    I saw a similar type warrior in codex the other day, he was hitting me for 1500 per hit average and I was going like a fly.. When i returned back , he will still up and killing my teammates like a squirrel.. The burst damage he had was so fkn big, it puts pyro to shame pre 1.3...

    We brought him down with 8 people with constant attack on him...

    I challenged another warrior with similar dps, i was playing as a dom/chloro/war with around 7k hp.. I got killed so quickly that i didn't even realize what i was doing.. He lost 30% of his hp and i was dead..

    Anyway with that sort of burst and with our shi..ty cloths, we can't win easily against these sort of warriors..

    Warriors needs to be nerfed..

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    802

    Default

    the problem is you.

    you must understand DoM is a support class.
    useing 51 points in this soul, you are left with nothing.
    sugest you not spec above 32 points in DoM, and use a other soul as main

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    491

    Default Im well aware

    Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    the problem is you.

    you must understand DoM is a support class.
    useing 51 points in this soul, you are left with nothing.
    sugest you not spec above 32 points in DoM, and use a other soul as main
    i know im not the Goat

    I find that warlock dark fury doesn't get the immune thing...my 51 dom gets in the upper 200k with my SP, I always do more dmg, than I take...but that's not a good measure i know.

    So if i spec'd in 34 points into storm/pyro...they'd be dead? I doubt it, not sure maybe 51 archon tgo boost the other 9 guys might have helped more.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    The problem is not you. Don't listen to the other person, he/she has no idea wtf they are on about.

    51 point in Dominator has nothing to do with the problem. Support setup or not, you cannot sit there and say they deserve to die fast or be very squishy when these so called Warriors are pure DPS yet they are not where near as squishy as any Mage setup.

    Best thing you can do in this situation, if they are spawn camping you in a warfront is "try" and get all your teams attention and tell them to wait before going and regroup. If you're Dom, tell them you will keep the warrior transmogrified or which ever and get your leader either to mark or tell everyone to focus fire the healer.

    Even still, I have seen warriors take more then a few people to kill without a pocket healer whilst still dishing out this tremendous damage.

    There isn't really any suggestions or proper soul setups to give for this problem at the moment. The fact that melee range was increased because of the jumping problem ( which didn't even fix it nor was it ever going to ) and their damage currently, we cannot do much.

    I can deal a good amount of damage but when I compare my casting spell damage or even instants to this warrior DPS spec, it's not where near it both sustained and burst. It's beyond the joke.

    But hey, let these warriors and rogues before them have their fun.

    One last thing though. What I find rather amusing is that warriors sit there and say that they do deal out huge damage ( on par with mages - lol ) and have high killing blows but have high deaths and damage taken. What a load of garbage. Mages have more damage taken and deaths than warriors by far. So many times now warriors will have high KB's and a couple or so deaths with bugger all damage taken. These are not R6 warriors either.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Wenn half your WF group is red names and they all "coincidentally" have the same spec.. you know something is up

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    So you are telling me, "8-10" people were actually focus firing one person and couldn't bring it down?

    Nice story, keep 'em coming. What's the next one about? Santa Claus and his reindeers?

    Those were either the biggest baddies ever, dealing no dps at all and bringing no purges nor healing debuffs, or there were like 8 clerics spamming all out heals freely at the exact same target you all were focusing on.

    You know what's more likely? You "thought" there were 8-10 guys working together, while they in reality were firing at random targets like morons.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    So you are telling me, "8-10" people were actually focus firing one person and couldn't bring it down?

    Nice story, keep 'em coming. What's the next one about? Santa Claus and his reindeers?

    Those were either the biggest baddies ever, dealing no dps at all and bringing no purges nor healing debuffs, or there were like 8 clerics spamming all out heals freely at the exact same target you all were focusing on.

    You know what's more likely? You "thought" there were 8-10 guys working together, while they in reality were firing at random targets like morons.
    It would be worse if said warrior was dual weild instead of polearm I think ;x

    But covenant + spam heals can really keep a warrior alive long enough to have your team devastated. (Ofc, assuming PUG who never purge).

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    What? warrior autohitting a dom for 1,5k ? yeeesh i need that spec...

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    It would be worse if said warrior was dual weild instead of polearm I think ;x

    But covenant + spam heals can really keep a warrior alive long enough to have your team devastated. (Ofc, assuming PUG who never purge).
    The problem of PUGs is selfmade and actually further supported by a lot of people. As long as you recommend willy-nilly selfsufficient speccs for "being solo" in a WF, PUGs will suck.

    Imagine everyone would do this stuff, we'd end up with 90% of all WFs consisting of tanks and so called survival speccs. Noone would actually be able to deal damage or heal others properly.

    Yes, if you don't do that, you'll end up in a few WFs without healing and get bashed. But if you get lucky you'll have decent groups and a lot of fun.

    I know I won't change this behavior, just wanted to point it out. Shouldn't hurt, maybe someone even starts to think about it...
    Last edited by Elerina; 07-05-2011 at 03:31 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    The problem is not you. Don't listen to the other person, he/she has no idea wtf they are on about.

    51 point in Dominator has nothing to do with the problem. Support setup or not, you cannot sit there and say they deserve to die fast or be very squishy when these so called Warriors are pure DPS yet they are not where near as squishy as any Mage setup.
    I agree with this, although I'm confused as to how the warrior was doing so much damage if you were focusing him with all your dominator abilities. Mass Betrayal, Traitorous Influence, and Transference should completely lock him out of all of his abilities for 7-15 seconds. Then add your Void Shroud. Make sure you have your reflective presence up when you get the charge for it.

    Now, if his healers are spamming cleanses on him, then they aren't doing any healing on him. If they aren't cleansing him, he should be neutered in terms of damage with spam heals. Either way, you should be able to win, as your team focuses him down either with a healing debuff or with no incoming heals on him.

    If somehow he lived through all that, then I dunno man. Can reflective presence be dispelled? Maybe you're getting purged is the problem then, because reflective presence should kill him at least some of the time with the standard dominator rotation.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    if you don't have valor you're gonna get insta gibbed by top warriors. they have crazy burst.

    try to get 6000 hitpoints. 'kite', which in this game means use someone else as a decoy. then put your debuffs on him to slow him down. warriors are not tanks in this spec. its ok to drain his energy & such. keep in mind though he probably has 850+ valor with 2 healers so gonna be a pain to kill.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Pooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Healers are spamming "cleanses" now. I pretty much stopped using my Dom spec in WF's last week because of this. It didn't take the healers long to catch on to the Dom's and start spamming the "cleanses".

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    First strip the warrior. Take his buffs off. Then divert your attention to his buddies. Take his buddies out especially if it's a cleric, chloro, bard, etc. You will not bring down any of them if you don't take out their heals.

    If the Warrior is being obnoxious. take him out of the game with cc so you can focus his buddies. Squirrel him, snare him, fear him, stun him, untill it's his/her time to die.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remath View Post
    First strip the warrior. Take his buffs off. Then divert your attention to his buddies. Take his buddies out especially if it's a cleric, chloro, bard, etc. You will not bring down any of them if you don't take out their heals.

    If the Warrior is being obnoxious. take him out of the game with cc so you can focus his buddies. Squirrel him, snare him, fear him, stun him, untill it's his/her time to die.
    couldn't get close enough to healers before being 3 hit, and even worse is that elite guards would come running up to spawn point when you used aoes(dom shackles/trait/etc)

    dang guards took me out 5-6 times themselves.

    everyone immune, everytime I cast...could have been bad luck....hopefully

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts