+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necro Corpse Explosion in PVP?

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Default Necro Corpse Explosion in PVP?

So i've been trying to use corpse explosion in pvp but it doesn't seem to work. I've definitely cast it on people within seconds of death when they are definitely within 10 meters of others but it does nothing. I don't even see the explosion animation that you see when it triggers in pve.

Am I just using it wrong? Are you meant to cast it on your undead pets or your allies or something? That wouldn't really make sense to me because I've used it in pve, but now that i think about it i think i've only tested it on "undead' mobs in pve.

I saw a nasty corpse explosion crit on port scion once, but in retrospect i realized it was cast by an idol rather than a player.

Plane Touched

Several weeks ago I posted this same observation and concern. Nobody responded/cared then either.

Soulwalker

Might be because you two are the only ones using Corpse Explosion, haha.

That's not a dis, I just think its a terribly rare spell, which probably means it needs a little lovin' all around.

-S

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sillverfire View Post
    Might be because you two are the only ones using Corpse Explosion, haha.

That's not a dis, I just think its a terribly rare spell, which probably means it needs a little lovin' all around.

-S
    Chicken or the egg. Nobody is going to use a spell in PvP that does literally *nothing*. It is actually quite solid for PvE, and I can think of several examples--pretty much any time that you have a group clumped together--that it can be useful in PvP.

I hate to go to this

but I think it should work like seed of corruption in wow only a completely standalone dot that can be cast on multiple targets god knows we could use another dot. Causing chain reaction explosions is always fun and it would line the spec up more with sc/ele's aoe.

on topic

I tried it in pvp after reading this, it doesn't do anything at all.
    Last edited by Magetron; 07-06-2011 at 03:03 PM.
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Yea it's a shame that this does nothing. Would be great in pvp situations where you know someone is about do go down while they run to their group. Would give some nice 1k+ aoe crits

I miss the Diablo II corpse explosion, but i guess it was almost totally useless in pvp in that game too. It was, however, one of the strongest pve abilities in the game.

+ Reply to Thread