+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 Dom/Chloro/AM PVP Vid

Telaran

Default 1.3 Dom/Chloro/AM PVP Vid

Here's a PVP video I put together today with a few Codex matches, showing this Dominator spec I started using and have somewhat started to enjoy Warfronts again. I'm Rank 4, but I don't use any Prestige gear in the video. The gear visible is on my Wardrobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCox0lYcdUw

Shadowlander

Nice video. Question though. I've been using chloro warlock and elemental for awhile. That works great for soloing. I wanted to try something else for.awhile, and can't firgure.out what. Im keeping chloro and warlock. Tried stormcalled, but didn't have any use in groups. I was thinking about adding dominator. Do you think it would work good doing dungeons or raids with chloro and warlock. Im gonna try what ur doing for pvp. Havent had much luck with what I have now. Didn't unlock archmage yet either. Dominator seems really good after seeing your video. Very nice.

Telaran

I'm not sure if Dominator would be a good support role in Dungeons and Raids. Only for DPS using the Necro/Dom spec. I really enjoy this spec because I can be versatile. I like to venture on my own, since you're lucky if you can get a Warfront where clerics actually heal, so its better to be self-sufficient. The video basically shows that Valor gear is useless, unless its P5+. When I use my P3-P4 gear, I find I have the same results when using Raid gear. You're just sacrificing some damage for minimal mitigation.

Champion

Ya cool video, out of curiosity, does your storm shackles always hit for that 800-1000 dmg?? or is that just with the entropic viel buff?
    i was planning on pairing dominator with storm caller later for the decreased casting time and the extra aoe dps from storm shackles, if it really is that good i mean. The tooltip reads 3* what the average stormcaller aoe hits for (and it even gets all the SC buffs to air dmg) lol so if thats right it might be a pretty mean build

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    Ya cool video, out of curiosity, does your storm shackles always hit for that 800-1000 dmg?? or is that just with the entropic viel buff?
    i was planning on pairing dominator with storm caller later for the decreased casting time and the extra aoe dps from storm shackles, if it really is that good i mean. The tooltip reads 3* what the average stormcaller aoe hits for (and it even gets all the SC buffs to air dmg) lol so if thats right it might be a pretty mean build
    Always place Incompetence and Radiant Spores on my target right off the bat to 1) build charge 2) prepare for incoming dmg. With that little charge I pop Entropic Veil and use Storm Shackle and Tratiorous Influence to get the bang for my buck. Without Valor gear, I can normally get crits for 1200-1500 with Storm Shackle.

Haha, always nice to see those poor melee fellas die pathetically. Dom just owns <3

Nothing special but solid performance.

But dude.. bahmi male mage? Seriously? Big fat Shreck in a dress... that's not ok, not the slightest.

I really hope for you, trion will introduce a race change soon ;)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Haha, always nice to see those poor melee fellas die pathetically. Dom just owns <3

Nothing special but solid performance.

But dude.. bahmi male mage? Seriously? Big fat Shreck in a dress... that's not ok, not the slightest.

I really hope for you, trion will introduce a race change soon ;)
    Bahmi is the greatest Artifact Hunter around. I wouldn't have World Firsts if I weren't Bahmi

Wow Great vid! Helps me focus on trying not to do to much with my Chloro/Dom mage!

I have a couple of questions. I noticed almost none of these builds use Priests Lament, is it a wasted talent?

When do you use Split Personality? Do you save it till the worst possible moment?

Have you tried to make a macro for Neural Prod - Ruin? Does that work or do you have to be facing the opponent to cast Ruin?

why place 2 points in efficient control? Is it because controlled opportunity is just not worth it since its only +20% damage with no chance to crit?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Albred1 View Post
    Here's a PVP video I put together today with a few Codex matches, showing this Dominator spec I started using and have somewhat started to enjoy Warfronts again. I'm Rank 4, but I don't use any Prestige gear in the video. The gear visible is on my Wardrobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCox0lYcdUw

This is totally off topic, but what software did you use to make that video? Adobe?
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton

Also For us n00b PvPers Still Rank 1 lol I used the same layout and created a very similar build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...gbk.xduhVh0z.E

Can you check it out? I would like to know what you guys think.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dominion85 View Post
    Wow Great vid! Helps me focus on trying not to do to much with my Chloro/Dom mage!

I have a couple of questions. I noticed almost none of these builds use Priests Lament, is it a wasted talent?

When do you use Split Personality? Do you save it till the worst possible moment?

Have you tried to make a macro for Neural Prod - Ruin? Does that work or do you have to be facing the opponent to cast Ruin?

why place 2 points in efficient control? Is it because controlled opportunity is just not worth it since its only +20% damage with no chance to crit?
    ~I find Priests Lament to be a waste of a Cooldown since it is only a chance to proc. When I'm on casters..preferably groups, I prefer Arresting Presence or Reflective Presence. Otherwise my focus is to clean their buffs with Degeneration, drain mana, or have so many debuffs on them/their group that they don't know what to do. Typically if I have Traitorous Intent on them they are taking dmg and losing mana so I use that opportunity to put the 50% healing debuff and go for the kill. Its an endurance fight for sure, but its better than trying to straight dps and dying to Waterjet spam. For Mages, you see more Warlocks/Necros than most stand-still casters because they want to be mobile or jump around while spamming dots. This greatly utilizes Storm Shackle and Traitorous Intent.

~Believe it or not, I always forget about Split Personality and still haven't used it lol. I may just have to macro it into Storm Shackle or something.

~That's a good suggestion and I may macro that later

~I suppose it was the lesser of 2 evils.

Quote Originally Posted by IcanHazWin View Post
    This is totally off topic, but what software did you use to make that video? Adobe?
    Fraps to record, Sony Vegas Pro 9 to edit/render.

Telaran

What do you think about moving those archmage points into double tap / overlord ? I have the pvp rank, do you tnink it would be more effective?
    Veni Vidi Vici.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!" -Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by IcanHazWin View Post
    What do you think about moving those archmage points into double tap / overlord ? I have the pvp rank, do you tnink it would be more effective?
    And I've tried using your spec and I'm completely horrible at it...One on one I can't figure out a decent rotation, do you have any tips?
    Veni Vidi Vici.

Soulwalker

fun watching

can you post your build? Or at least give the numbers (32x/32y/2z)?

thx!

Champion

So what prestige rank are you (I'm just trying to get an idea on how hard it is to pull those 800-1k storm shackles)

if this makes my queries make any more sense
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Mhpbusoz.xdIzo

Its an aoe dominator build that uses the reduced casting time from polymorph, storm shackles and then the rest of the storm caller aoe dps to spike down groups.

Since all those AOEs are on cooldowns i took chloromancer so i could be an off support and heal/debuff in the 20-30 secs between spikes.
    ---------
    PS. hes probably (16) chloromancer/(5-10)pvp tree/(35-40) dominator
    Last edited by garethh; 07-05-2011 at 09:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast