+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's wrong with my dps?

Telaran

Default What's wrong with my dps?

As the title says. Its been a week since I turned 50. But I feel I almost lose at all dps meters in t1-t2.
    I tried with boss dummy today and got 750 dps with it. while my friends are getting 900s with the same level of gear as mine. One of them is warr and the other is rogue. I am using a 38/28/0 - Lock/Necro/domi build and got 828 SP, 616 crit and 208 focus. So do you think I am doing something wrong. because I dont see a problem with my play or my build.
    This was the most useful one after tring all others including this weird zoomancer build. Please give your opinion about it.

Class is gimped. Dont compare yourself to other classes, you will only get depressed. Only compare yourself to other mages.

Your dps reflects your stats, so I'ld say you do okay.
    I'm pulling 1040ish with same spec (from bluedot's website), but then again, my stats are higher (1075sp, 700crit).
    In 5mans mages aren't gimped, opposed to what most say. In raids....yeah, that's another story.
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

Hi, new to the game and curious what is used to track dps. Is it in game or similar to world of logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Hi, new to the game and curious what is used to track dps. Is it in game or similar to world of logs?
    Advanced Combat Tracker, there's a guide somewhere on this forum about it.
    It's a stand-alone / 3rd party program.
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

Thank you.

I know what's wrong with your dps.... you're still playing a mage.

The problem's not with you, the problem is with the Mage calling. I would be more concerned if you were doing comparable or better damage compared to your rogue and warrior friends, because that would mean they're doing something very wrong.

There's nothing you can do it about now, just join in and bug Trion about it until they make us actually do decent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bippo View Post
    As the title says. Its been a week since I turned 50. But I feel I almost lose at all dps meters in t1-t2.
    I tried with boss dummy today and got 750 dps with it. while my friends are getting 900s with the same level of gear as mine. One of them is warr and the other is rogue. I am using a 38/28/0 - Lock/Necro/domi build and got 828 SP, 616 crit and 208 focus. So do you think I am doing something wrong. because I dont see a problem with my play or my build.
    This was the most useful one after tring all others including this weird zoomancer build. Please give your opinion about it.
    Check out my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Bippo View Post
    If you want squeeze out a couple more points in dps, I would switch your 0 point Dom soul to 0 point Archon. This gives you Pillaging Stone, which stacked 5 times will give you a bit extra spellpower and crit. Will it close the gap between you and your friends? Probably not, but it is a step in that direction.

True, you lose the squirrel from Dom, so your going to have to figure out where your going to place your priorities.
    Experience debt is merely a gauge to show how much Awesome I'm generating.

Quote Originally Posted by Baluba View Post
    Class is gimped. Dont compare yourself to other classes, you will only get depressed. Only compare yourself to other mages.
    the god damn truth ^

Plane Walker

I've tried various builds, and max out at about 1000 dps against a dummy (Pyro/Elem), but over time comes out at about 750.
    My Chloro manages 550 against the dummy on average, so I just use that always - Is it worth losing a full healer for just 250dps? I think not. Ofcourse that's only if there are 2 healers present and I have time to use ALL my spells, Warlock DoT's included.
    I have ~900 SP, 600 Crit.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 07-06-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by extinction View Post
    the god damn truth ^
    Amen, amen.

+ Reply to Thread