+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petition on mages

Default Petition on mages

Trion, you have to do something. The state of mages in pvp atm is just beyond anything ive seen since the early days of AoC where a gemmed guardian could one-shot a necro, while a necro couldnt even outdmg the passive regen of the guardian.

Mages are a joke atm. They are always the first to be targeted, not because they are so dangerous, but simply because they die in fkin 2 sec, and theres not a cleric in the world that will be able to prevent that. One war/rogue will rip a evengeared mage to shreds in 2-4 secs, while 2 of them in a premade will just instagib any robe around.

What needs to be done: You need to give mage a tankersoul. At least some abilities that would make us able to stand up to other classes, or have some abilities to actually get away. Atm we are like practice dummies. Other players have to know that with a certain spec/build a mage is actually not a free kill, but will be able to defend itself by getting away.

I consider myeself a pretty decent player, parsing among top 5-10 both in healing and dmg done. I am a little surprised why Im not doing better, cause in GW, I was completely dominating, especially with a guildteam. However, I was just coming from a BG match where my team had 6/10 mages, and the other team had no mages. It was a slaughter. The two clerics we had just refused to heal after a while, cause the mages just died randomly with no chance of anyone healing. I did midtree, but my teamed mage brethren had no chance.

There will always be good players standing out. But if you compare to good rogue/war/cleric players, mage really cant compare atm. Ive seen warriors do over 700k dmg in WF, while next on the list is barely 400, with an average of around 100. Same with rogues. Clerics is the same.

Mages do not have the tools atm to play competetively. You need to give us some surivivability so other classes will actually consider us an asset to the team, and not just free faction for the opposing one. Id gladly sacrifice all my dmg, just to have a spec so i can be able to survive against 2 wars for more than the 2 freakkin seconds i am granted atm, and thats in p5 gear, with all the chloro instaheals, and domi SD spells.

Petitions are stupid, pointless, and lead to threads being locked down.

I am all for QQ. Quality QQ. Quality QQ doesn't consist of petitions, it consists of parses, numbers, data, and well constructed arguments. We have a good case to be made and ought to make it, and not rely on just throwing our toys out the pram.

Just drown Trion in facts and figures until they cry uncle. We should also keep talking up the abomination of zoomancer, in order to embarrass them into fixing us. This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen playing a mage in multiple MMOs over years and it's not making Trion look good that their mage class has fallen into this state. Our most competitive spec consist of throwing pets at a boss. Totally ridiculous.

But petitions get you nowhere.
    Last edited by Flaviusx; 07-04-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Baluba View Post
    Mages do not have the tools atm to play competetively. You need to give us some surivivability so other classes will actually consider us an asset to the team, and not just free faction for the opposing one. Id gladly sacrifice all my dmg, just to have a spec so i can be able to survive against 2 wars for more than the 2 freakkin seconds i am granted atm, and thats in p5 gear, with all the chloro instaheals, and domi SD spells.
    You should try Necro/Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    Necro lock doesnt really contribute much cept for some meager aoe. Yes they have some survivability CDs but to be able to surive one encounter for a couple more seconds every 3 min or so is not my understanding of a surviverbuild. Dots are too unreliable and very easy to dispel.

Mage should have some options other than being a in the back channeling some measely aoes, and then just die randomly as soon as someone looks at you. We need more versatility.

few ideas of mine.

1 Buff Warlock Armor healing
    2 Remove Armor buff from Elementalist (he doesnt rly need it) and move it to Archmage or remove AM's
    Silent Restorations and make it passive Armor Increase
    3 Buff Archmages' Rune Shield ( like less cd and more Stacks)
    4 Split dmg between you and Elemental/Necro pet
    5 Increase absorb from Fire Shield/Burning Shield/Ice Shield

Yeah, definitely some shield increase, like mana shield, just actually usable. What is it, 5 min CD? Could just as well dont be there at all. That way mages could actually reap some benefits of our vast array of manaregen abilities. Atm it doesnt really matter in pvp at all cause you will be dead way before youre able to use up your mana, or any mana at all for that matter. If Im gonna take double dmg from attacks, and are not compensated with doing more dmg, then I should be given double the amount of hp. If course when theyve eaten through the manashield youre pretty much useless anyways.. But at least you will be able to live a couple sec more.

Most clerics have already given up on healing the purple names as it is basically a lost cause and waste of mana. Damn, I even ignore mages taking dmg myself when im chloro, definitely prioritizing clerics and warriors and rogues for my healing. Little point in healing someone thats gonna be dead anyways in a second or two.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    1000% truth inside

I still kick *** with sc/lock/am in pvp.

Usually I'm near the top or at the top for damage and kills. Also most damage taken as well rofl.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

+ Reply to Thread