+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help! lesser essences!

Default need help! lesser essences!

Sup guys i need some help here big time. got a Hugh delima atm and do not know what to do. ATM my mage is well geared with pylon. im sitting at 1220SP unbuffed. with procts and raid buffs/flasks im over 1400. the question is im running the 33/33 nec/lock build and just bought the deathtouch soulstone. if you do not know what it is, it is a greater essence that adds 111 damage to your dots over the next 20 seconds AFTER casting draining bolt. the thing is were my other greater slot is i have living river. so replacing that is a -29 SP loss. my other greater has Necrotic rage and i do not want to replace that bc IMO its BIS. Has anyone used the deathtouch soulstone with the 33/33 build? how much better was the DPS? And last is it worth replacing Living river with it?
    Deepstrike,were the real men PvP.

I'm still looking for a good way to translate raw DPS from trinkets and essences into SP values, in order to better compare items.

1) I presume the 111 dmg is flat, i.e. not affected by your SP.

2) I don't know how the mechanic of this Ess works. I presume it give you a 20s buff that increases the dmg of each dot you do. This would help avoid getting the dot from overwriting itself. And does it have a seperate timer / icon from the main dot?

3) Draining Bolt has 30s CD, so you gain the benefit 1 time for 20s every 30s. Assuming you want to maximise the dmg of this dot, then you apply it 3 times every 30s (at 0, 8, and 16s).

111/8s = 13.875 dps, used 3 times = 41.625 DPS per dot.

Assuming you spam 3 dots = 124.875 DPS. (If GCD doesn't get in the way).

Looks good on paper but no idea how accurate this is lol
    Fatality - lvl 50 Mage
    PVP 5/8, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, GSB 5/5, ROS 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11

My MAGE GEAR LIST v5.5 ▓

Out of date and retired

yea same thing we came up with. idk wtf to do lol.
    Deepstrike,were the real men PvP.

Rift Chaser

Replace Mystic River, then buy a new one and replace one of your other lessers with it.

It's not efficient, but you end up with a more powerful focus in the end.

+ Reply to Thread