opportunity

dom build gets
    A CC
    10% int
    48int/48wis
    50 endurance
    charged shield(can put on tank)
    neural prod for a slight dps improvement on movement heavy fights

im not sure how the 10% int scales from raid buffs if at all? anyway what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Vindil; 07-04-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Opportunity really doesn't matter anymore since we don't have any useful spells that take longer to cast than the GCD, and charge isn't a big deal since it builds so quickly anyway.

On thing you overlooked is the mana recover for each: with Dom you get Mana Wrench which needs to be channelled and restores 33% of your mana over 6 seconds, compared to Sacrifice Life: Mana which restores 15% mana at the cost of 15% health over a GCD.

Having used both in raids and dungeons right after 1.3 came out, I'd say the 51/15/0 chloro/dom/archon build is superior, primarily because of the int buffs, but Reflective Command is also very nice to have in some fights (like Uruluuk).

Champion

I'm a fan of 10 dom/5 ele. 5 stacks of pillaging stone will provide more benefit than 10% int, but it also means finding 5 globals where you're not healing at all. Not a problem on most fights, but a huge annoyance and means your healing may not even be needed. :P

If you're fine with keeping pillaging stone stacks up, then I'd recommend 7 ele/8 archon (2% dmg reduct and pillaging stone talent), or 5 ele/10 archon (with 2 in exhilaration).
    Last edited by Veev; 07-04-2011 at 04:51 AM.

Soulwalker

well the 10% int seems to be alot more as from chloro you get 25% more int and im guessing they stack between the two builds the dom build only loses 1% crit but gains over 70 spell power, and that 1% crit gap will change with gear. but yea im thinking 10 dom 5 ele might be good

Soulwalker

This build needs to be thrown into the conversation. 51 Chloro / 15 Archon / 0 Archmage.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zzR0.hMIs.EdIuqAIkRR

What you get with choosing Archon and Archmage:

1. Increased Pillaging Stone buff.
    2. Buffed Searing Vitality
    3. Exhilaration, crits return 1.5% mana
    4. Leeching Flames, added to a regular rotation for near infinite mana.
    5. Buffed Consuming Flames, giving you a damage bubble for the tank.
    6. Shared Vigor and Tempered Armor, group Buffs.
    7. Ashen Defense and Crumbling Resistance, target debuffs and self buffs.
    8. Power Drain, target debuff and self buff.
    9. Break Free, valuable tool to break many PVE elements.

The one glaring thing that pops out with this build is that every point is useful. You don't waste any points to simply 'get to' a more useful spell or talent. This build has been my 'build of choice' since the 1.3 update and I think it has many nice tools that make Chloro healing extremely viable and effective.

I am very tempted to try this build as well:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zsRz.MsVu.EdIuqAIkRR

I like many of the tools this build offers and I may be trying it soon. Having a spell interrupt and the insane Accelerated Decay look promising.

Shadowlander

For 5 mans, I can see it, but like chloro archon in 1.2, it suffers in raids where a dedicated 51 archon is present. Even without one present, other classes can and do provide many of the debuffs provided with 15 points archon.

If I'm going for the self buffs, 10 dom makes more sense, as I don't have to waste GCDs to stack my int bonus. Mana's rarely an issue, and all three common chloro support trees provide a mana return.

Honestly, though, the current state of chloro is one where I don't want to spend the GCDs on anything but heals because the grace given a mistake is much smaller now.

aux

10+ Dom for Deny and Reflective Command.

/thread
    I'm so BORED

+ Reply to Thread