+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Give Warlocks AoE dots....

Default Give Warlocks AoE dots....

I like the idea of a dot based class, currently use Lock/Necro/Archon so I DO have lots of dots, which is great for single targets, but in WF battles I think it'd be more effective to have a couple of AoE dot attacks.

I used to play a Magus on Warhammer and although the class wasn't by any means the dps god of that game (bright wizard, *cough, cough*), it was fun spreading out lots of AoE dots and putting out pressure dmg.

I think it would be fun to give Warlocks at least say, 3 AoE dots that they could stack on groups for either clearing trash in dungeons or groups of people in WF battles, what do you guys think?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    I like the idea of a dot based class, currently use Lock/Necro/Archon so I DO have lots of dots, which is great for single targets, but in WF battles I think it'd be more effective to have a couple of AoE dot attacks.

I used to play a Magus on Warhammer and although the class wasn't by any means the dps god of that game (bright wizard, *cough, cough*), it was fun spreading out lots of AoE dots and putting out pressure dmg.

I think it would be fun to give Warlocks at least say, 3 AoE dots that they could stack on groups for either clearing trash in dungeons or groups of people in WF battles, what do you guys think?
    I think you should spec Radiate Death and throw out a Ground Rot.

Shadowlander

Revenant (ruination spreads necrosis, and turns oblivion into an aoe with some micro), grave rot, Neddras grasp, dark touch, radiate death.

Necrolock aoe dots, go. Two from the necro, one from the lock. Without counting the grasping darkness filler, oblivion/dark touch, grave rot.

It still sucks, mind, but it's about hte number you want
    Last edited by Vheress; 07-03-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vheress View Post
    Revenant (ruination spreads necrosis, and turns oblivion into an aoe with some micro), grave rot, Neddras grasp, dark touch, radiate death.

Necrolock aoe dots, go. Two from the necro, one from the lock. Without counting the grasping darkness filler, oblivion/dark touch, grave rot.

It still sucks, mind, but it's about hte number you want
    I'm an idiot and got that backwards of course. Two from Lock one from Necro. I maintain Neddra's is effectively a DoT since it's multi-proccing moderate damage pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Vheress View Post
    I'm an idiot and got that backwards of course. Two from Lock one from Necro. I maintain Neddra's is effectively a DoT since it's multi-proccing moderate damage pressure
    Yeah, they're OK. Even combined with the Revenant pet they're not enough for me though, for AoE dots to really have a genuine impact you have to stack a fair amount of them to get enough dmg to tick to actually amount to real pressure dmg.

As is any Necro/Lock AoE dot possibilities atm are a bit weak is all I'm saying. Radiate death is pathetic imho....long CD on a limp spell that spreads one good dot (Dark Touch) big woop....lamesauce.

The concept with the Revenant pet is great, still a bit weak and a bit too much micromanagement. Actually if you wanna get interesting, have a 51 pnt ability that allows ALL the Locks dots (his own and other classes dots) to have an AoE effect for a set time limit, that could be awesome like on the bridge in Port Sion.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post

I think I love that idea. Warlock is my favorite Mage calling, and I would absolutely adore AOE Dot spells that aren't ground targeted.

That being said.. chances it will happen? Ehhh... very slim imo.
    Last edited by Vorsaken; 07-05-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorsaken View Post
    I think I love that idea. Warlock is my favorite Mage calling, and I would absolutely adore AOE Dot spells that aren't ground targeted.

That being said.. chances it will happen? Ehhh... very slim imo.
    Yeah, ground targeting is cumbersome, better to have some instant target AoE dots we could toss up and forget in a flash, backtrack to safety, rinse and repeat.

It's fun to stack lots of dots on a single target no doubt, but it doesn't make much of an impact in WFs since other mage builds are better for single targets anyway being quicker with more burst.

But enough AoE dots on the opposing team would put out useful pressure dmg on the enemy allowing others to kill faster and straining healers more to prevent it.

Rift Chaser

Just rip off a version of what the Reaver has. Ability on a moderate cooldown that causes all DOTs cast in the next X seconds to be AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    Just rip off a version of what the Reaver has. Ability on a moderate cooldown that causes all DOTs cast in the next X seconds to be AOE.

Sounds reasonable to me.

+ Reply to Thread