+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is 51 pt Dom viable in pvp

Shadowlander

Default Is 51 pt Dom viable in pvp

Just wondering now with the changes if 51pt dom is viable in pvp. Was thinking 51 Dom 10 Chloro(maybe lock for opportunity instead) and 5 AM

Anyone tried this or advice?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Knctrnl View Post
    Just wondering now with the changes if 51pt dom is viable in pvp. Was thinking 51 Dom 10 Chloro(maybe lock for opportunity instead) and 5 AM

Anyone tried this or advice?
    Oh and im r4 and mainly played lock and SC so Dom is a bit foreign but the spells look intersting

Rift Disciple

I play 51dom/15am. It works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDQG3FuZXeQ
    Helgi - Win

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
    I play 51dom/15am. It works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDQG3FuZXeQ
    you need to wake up... you're playing against npcs not pcs.. no one can be as dumb as those 4.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Plane Walker

51 Dom /15 AM is hard, and often requires team work rather than soloing, as it offers close to none survivability skills. Although that being said, me and a chloro/lock we 2v4 in stillmoor and won the other day, it was funny, 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, 2v3, and they endup coming with 6. After respawn we ran away and hoped fewer would come, only 4 arrived and it was way easier.

Detaunt is something really important as 51 dom/15 AM in teamwork, that pyro who is hitting you? If no reflect presence -> Detaunt. That rogue? If no transference -> Detaunt.

It could work, but it is not the best of the solo builds. Still, it is priceless to have a rogue ganking you, squir -> Storm -> ineptitude -> haunting pain -> transference -> etc. (If you really wanna him to cry, use your cd for split personality), and see how the clueless ones stand there for 7 second wondering why are they disarmed this long.
    Last edited by noche; 07-04-2011 at 01:25 AM.

51 dominator won't be as good as a hybrid dom/chloro build for 1v1, but it'll completely wreck things in big fights.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Valentr View Post
    you need to wake up... you're playing against npcs not pcs.. no one can be as dumb as those 4.
    The average MMO player today is about as dumb as those 4.
    Helgi - Win

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    51 dominator won't be as good as a hybrid dom/chloro build for 1v1, but it'll completely wreck things in big fights.

this.

you havent lived as a mage untill you've charged into BG, and for some reason all 10 of there team is bunched up.

hit 10 people with mass betrayel, hit someone in the middle with traitorous inflaunce then stomr shackle.

1 minute into BG the damage done chart looks like this.

1. Me ( mage ) 45,780 damge
    2. rogue 7,200 damage
    3. warrior 5,670 damage
    4. cleric for some reason 4400 damage
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com
    ChloeNoir <Champion of Champions> Guild-CoFounder

Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

www.RiftCoC.guildportal.com <---- our guilds website, come say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Chloenoir View Post
    this.

you havent lived as a mage untill you've charged into BG, and for some reason all 10 of there team is bunched up.

hit 10 people with mass betrayel, hit someone in the middle with traitorous inflaunce then stomr shackle.

1 minute into BG the damage done chart looks like this.

1. Me ( mage ) 45,780 damge
    2. rogue 7,200 damage
    3. warrior 5,670 damage
    4. cleric for some reason 4400 damage
    This is about right, haha. It's hard to tell because I'm casting a lot of things in big fights, but it seems like if you hit ten people with mass betrayal and no one bothers purging it, you're going to do 50k damage with that one cast.

Insanity.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Shadowlander

Every dom spec out there is completly op in pvp vs melee.

Allow melee to drain mage mana in 3 seconds then its fair thats double it takes mages

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by KanaeNight View Post

Allow melee to drain mage mana in 3 seconds then its fair thats double it takes mages
    If I can regen my mana bar at the same speed a rogue regens his, then sure.

Telaran

give mage stealth to pick and choose fights, and escape when it goes bad, then sure its a deal.

Soulwalker

Oh no, I can make a rogue or warrior auto attack for seven whopping seconds!
    It's not like a rogue can go completely immune to every single counter I have for 5 seconds. Or warriors are able to charge through any roots and half health me with the energy they have left.

Also yeah, when I can regen mana like an energy bar, it'll be fair for melee to drain it like transference.

pro

Its pretty fair considering both have magic immunes/resists and can have energy/power bar regen in litteraly 2secs while ours requires a potion or drink if you dont want to spend the whole match OOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Maybe not as good, but I'm having very little issues against most people with my 51 dom/15 AM spec. Though if I'm caught with all my abilities on CD I'm pretty screwed, or a r6 rogue pops from stealth .
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast