+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dominators, how can a warrior fight you?

Default Dominators, how can a warrior fight you?

I was considering asking the warrior board this, but realized I was probably going to get the same answers I've been getting, so for those of you energy draining MOTHER****ERS (sorry, not a good way to get help but I've been fighting alot of you lately), what do warriors do to you that makes it really hard for you to fight back? Is there anything we can do other than a blindside when your not paying attention? I, in exchange, will tell you anything you want to know about how to **** a warrior all up in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    I, in exchange, will tell you anything you want to know about how to **** a warrior all up in your face.
    Well we seem to already know how to do that, you wouldn't be making this post if we didn't, right? :P
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    Well we seem to already know how to do that, you wouldn't be making this post if we didn't, right? :P
    So you dont have any tips? Look im not directly accusing these new abilities of being OP but..............I am.

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    I was considering asking the warrior board this, but realized I was probably going to get the same answers I've been getting, so for those of you energy draining MOTHER****ERS (sorry, not a good way to get help but I've been fighting alot of you lately), what do warriors do to you that makes it really hard for you to fight back? Is there anything we can do other than a blindside when your not paying attention? I, in exchange, will tell you anything you want to know about how to **** a warrior all up in your face.
    I doubt you will find a mage that will tell you how to kill him. And we arent OP think of as void knights except we have skills to kill everyone and i wouldnt dare call any mage soul Op atm due to all but dominator pretty much suck.

you care too much about 1vs1

anyway specing deep Voidknight might help

I get run over by warriors all the time unless I blow cooldowns.

Anyway, assuming you've run into a dominator bad that pops split personality on irrelevant fights, get behind something until transference is up. If there's nothing to get behind, run in a straight line away from the split personalities, they won't be able to cast on you. Save Break Free for Storm Shackle, removing this debuff before you start moving will save you a couple thousand points in damage. You will probably get squirreled twice while this is happening, you'll eat two volleys of void bolts here. Use a potion if you have to.

At this point transference is down, TI/MB's duration is wearing down, you're immune to everything for five seconds, you're already very likely control immune, you've got more than half your HP, and your power is building back up. All you have to do at this point is smash the dominator's face before the split personalities get you, and dominator's probably the single squishiest soul in the game. Even if they're running the remaining points in chloro, every warrior on the planet should have that ridiculous OP healing debuff. Even if he gets 1500 in healing from bloom/flourish, he's wasted 2 GCDs and you've already eaten though that HP anyway.
    Last edited by Corian; 07-03-2011 at 07:06 PM.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

It's called a dispel. Use your own (VK) or bring a friend.

If they balanced this game 1v1, Warriors would be in the same boat as Pyro. You should be very thankful they don't.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Plane Touched

there is anti mage soul, use it, dont bring a knife to guns fight.
    Last edited by DontBluffMyJ; 07-03-2011 at 08:48 PM.

The simple answer...bring 2 warriors.
    Bombs - <Banished> - Defiant - Dayblind
    Numbers - Guardian - Deepstrike

Rift Master

Considering Warriors beat every other mage by rolling their face on the keyboard, no.

Shadowlander

Want to know how to beat a Mage? You put a sword in your hands, and you hit them with it.

Try pushing your macro harder.

use pet build. send pet to mage and stay out of mage's range. dom has 0 survivability.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentr View Post
    use pet build. send pet to mage and stay out of mage's range. dom has 0 survivability.
    pets are really easy to cc, and if I'm not mistaken don't have the same pvp dr durations apply to them. just use transmorgify on it and then use other disables on the warrior. That being said I've seen quite a few warriors that really wreck in the fight, use breaks/immunes to approach, stun to set up the encounter, and then burst dmg combined with dominators lack of survivability means the dominator will go down in only a few cds. Even on chlorolock which is considerably sturdier I have trouble keeping up with certain warrior bursts, (in fact its probably the hardest matchup for me).
    Last edited by Inixia; 07-04-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Plane Walker

If you can get close to dom, he is fooked. You can either go VK for immunity after spellbreak (dom has LOW dmg besides CD pets and TI + Storm), or use riftblade's riftwalk + phaseblade + charge (I think it is called so, my buddy r6 war never gets off my arse due to that, and I can't survive that long sadly).

RIFT Guide Writer Kutsuu Isback's Avatar

As I said in the other dom QQ thread, something like 28champ 22vk 16paragon is the perfect counter to dominators. Anything with fully spec'd spellbreaker and some decent gap closers + DPS.
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii144/sparks03max/kutsmuffinsig.png

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast