+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvE DPS Spec

Soulwalker

Default PvE DPS Spec

I only recently started playing rift and, in trying to learn how to optimize my dps, have been reading the mage forums. I have an idea for a damage spec, but am unable to try it due to my low level and poorness. If someone could try it out for me, or critique it that would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind, I don't know specifics about the class, so don't be too mean Now for the fun stuff:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...k.ecRhkVVx.x0h

I put a twist on the the regular lock/necro spec and added a little cholormancer. The goal of this spec is to refresh your DoTs with entropic veil toggled on. Thes basic idea is thus:

Cast about 4 voidbolts ( enough to get some charge) > pop entropic veil > cast DoTs ( withering vines first for the 25% int buff) > toggle off entropic veil and cast void bolt. Rinse and repeat.

Now, I'm not sure how this will compare to other specs, zoomancer is still probably better, but I feel it could be competitive. Also, with two more point in cholro, it could become a support healing spec with lifegiving veil.

Also, I have a question:
    when void bolt refreshes life leech, will it be refreshed with new damage calculated?

Thanks for your time,
    Admoka

Quote Originally Posted by Admoka View Post
    Also, I have a question:
    when void bolt refreshes life leech, will it be refreshed with new damage calculated?
    Yes, unfortunately. I'll have to try the spec.

Rift Disciple

I don't have access to the game right now, but doesn't Entropic Veil count as a Life spell for NA? So you wouldn't need to cast Vines to begin with NA, only to refresh NA.

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg99 View Post
    I don't have access to the game right now, but doesn't Entropic Veil count as a Life spell for NA? So you wouldn't need to cast Vines to begin with NA, only to refresh NA.
    Entropic Veil does not proc NA.

+ Reply to Thread